Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Let's remember to use spoiler tags if talking about specific mission details ...some of us are at work this morning like myself.

Got up super early this morning lol

Turned in my bad juju bounty

Played the new nightfall it was mad tough.

So all the Cryptarch engrams I saved up turned into old stuff. I got a few old legendarys they all turned into 2 energies which was cool. Gonna break down most of my legendary gear that's not maxed.

There is a lot of info on the encounters already. Looks fun and exciting. The video for the first part looks soooo fun!!

only got a chance to look at the new stuff in tower for like 2 minutes. from what i saw early on the new weapons were kinda....lackluster. but that was a quick first glance. and bungie bungied us as usual. the only "factions" with truly new gear was the crucible/vanguard quartermaster and handlers. NM, FWC, and DO are offering the same as always but slightly  more powerful. even then, the new weapons from vanguard and crucible are mostly redundant. if i remember right, the crucible is selling 2 dr nope-esque rifles with the difference being either radar active or glass half empty. just... egh thus far. im sure the new missions will be fire tho. and ive already heard about the murmur gun but we'll see. 

im very excited for the raid tho, and the new strikes. i know we're about to turn up on this expansion. zero gonna be the first one with the dragons breath.

Last edited:
Well, the system that I need to function for me to do any sort of work is down as of right now with no ETA of when it'll be up. So reddit forum reading for me. :smokin

Well, the system that I need to function for me to do any sort of work is down as of right now with no ETA of when it'll be up. So reddit forum reading for me.
smokin.gif
lucky you. im here at work and they got us doing haze work building desks and organizing cords waiting for our training thats coming up. listening to something new to pass the time tho, what u think about this biggs?

only got a chance to look at the new stuff in tower for like 2 minutes. from what i saw early on the new weapons were kinda....lackluster. but that was a quick first glance. and bungie bungied us as usual. the only "factions" with truly new gear was the crucible/vanguard quartermaster and handlers. NM, FWC, and DO are offering the same as always but slightly  more powerful. even then, the new weapons from vanguard and crucible are mostly redundant. if i remember right, the crucible is selling 2 dr nope-esque rifles with the difference being either radar active or glass half empty. just... egh thus far. im sure the new missions will be fire tho. and ive already heard about the murmur gun but we'll see. 

im very excited for the raid tho, and the new strikes. i know we're about to turn up on this expansion. zero gonna be the first one with the dragons breath.
You already know. Once I get home, I'm going INNNNNNNNNN for that Dragon's Breath. 
nthat.gif

Before I left for work I jumped into the tower to check out the new stuff. Exactly what you said. I got a FWC gauntlet that I liked with hand cannon faster reload. Saw some people pull new Exotic helms and Dragons Breath from Engrams and the first raid chest already. We Jumping into that raid tonight. 

Wonder what kind of rewards we can get from the nightfall :evil:

Knowing you, you'll get some crazy **** while Zero and myself will get purple engrams :smh:

I guess it's better than frost, he'd get a crazy exotic and we'd get a class piece.

Wonder what kind of rewards we can get from the nightfall
devil.gif
Knowing you, you'll get some crazy **** while Zero and myself will get purple engrams
mean.gif

I guess it's better than frost, he'd get a crazy exotic and we'd get a class piece.
Dragon's Breath or Bust for me...

Looks like guys are recommending getting to level 31 before trying to advance in the raid. On the bridge part in the second phase a lot of the big ones are level 31. This guna be fun. We should be able to at least get to the bridge. 

Dragon's Breath or Bust for me...

Looks like guys are recommending getting to level 31 before trying to advance in the raid. On the bridge part in the second phase a lot of the big ones are level 31. This guna be fun. We should be able to at least get to the bridge. 

I have enough vanguard marks to buy 3 pieces of armor for my titan.

Last edited:
So is exotic armor useless now? Seeing you don't need it to get to lvl 33.

On Friday you should be able to hand it in to Xur along with an exotic shard to get an upgraded copy.

8 Exotic shards on deck for the IB, Arnamentium, and saint 14!!!

im lost on one aspect of the trade-ins with xur. Didnt they say xur would have a random selection of guns and armor that you can trade in every week? why is everyone actin like you can trade in any and everything you want as long as you have the exotic shards for it?

im lost on one aspect of the trade-ins with xur. Didnt they say xur would have a random selection of guns and armor that you can trade in every week? why is everyone actin like you can trade in any and everything you want as long as you have the exotic shards for it?

Because I'll at least be able to upgrade one of those 3. I know that it's random but I like to be optimistic.

Last edited:

Because I'll at least be able to upgrade one of those 3. I know that it's random but I like to be optimistic.
Now that you said that, all he will have is Sunbreakers and Ballerhorn upgrades. 
roll.gif
sick.gif

Now that you said that, all he will have is Sunbreakers and Plan C upgrades. 
roll.gif
sick.gif
Fixed. He'll also be selling them
mean.gif

ah! well heres to him selling the gjallarhorn this friday. and also letting people trade-in their IB, truth, corrective measures, pocket infinity, VoCs,  vanquishers, peruns, and exotic armors

I'm really curious to see if we can re-roll Iron Banner weapons so they get the damage upgrades. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

I'm really curious to see if we can re-roll Iron Banner weapons so they get the damage upgrades. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.
re-roll as in 2 more motes per chance AND progress reset? no sir, i dont want any of that. they better donate that 330 damage on a silver platter. i got my guns from iron banner EXACTLY how i want em and i spent like 30-40 motes to get em that way. i wish a bungie would

re-roll as in 2 more motes per chance AND progress reset? no sir, i dont want any of that. they better donate that 330 damage on a silver platter. i got my guns from iron banner EXACTLY how i want em and i spent like 30-40 motes to get em that way. i wish a bungie would
You know they guna make you reroll just like they making us re-upgrade the Exotics. Prob easier to just re-buy Perun's Fire and Gheleon's Demise but have to reroll my Timurs Lash and Jolder's Hammer in order to get them up to par with damage. I'm most concerned about my Timur's Lash. It's one of my favorite hand cannons.

Back
Top Bottom