Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Quad Jr. Telling Tek to get in his Gucci bag for the nightfall then dying right away after turning two corners was the highlight of the night.

Jr got Dat Guddi bag.

Honorable mention goes to Toofless who came to give the Money team a pep talk. Good times gentlemen. Good times.

I dunno im kinda disappointed in the DLC, seems like we did all missions except the raid last night ... c'mon Bungie, please let there be more.

So is Destiny living up to true MMO fans? ...seems to be lacking in alot of areas but very fun nonetheless. biggie62 biggie62 and wrightone86 wrightone86

It's not a true MMO (there is no monthly fee and it isn't as deep as one with complex classes, no forced balance for raids/strike, there is no healing class, there is no tanking class, no true DPS class.

Which I like because I wasn't looking for an MMO but more of a hybrid. It has a ranking system for factions, it does have forced grouping for certain events, and it makes you sort of pick and choose who you want to run with in the future if you click together as a group. There is the RPG aspect of grinding for gear and working as a group for it for the betterment of the group to make runs easier.

The raid itself was worth the DLC for me. Like I said, the raid is everything I was looking for when I played the beta and they mentioned raids. Hectic encounters with team work being essential. You can ask anyone who was part of our group, we all had a blast.

I haven't tried the new strikes yet, we might do them tonight, level to 31 for tomorrow and then push Crota's **** in on Thursday.

I dunno im kinda disappointed in the DLC, seems like we did all missions except the raid last night ... c'mon Bungie, please let there be more.

So is Destiny living up to true MMO fans? ...seems to be lacking in alot of areas but very fun nonetheless. biggie62 biggie62 and wrightone86 wrightone86

It's not a true MMO (there is no monthly fee and it isn't as deep as one with complex classes, no forced balance for raids/strike, there is no healing class, there is no tanking class, no true DPS class.

Which I like because I wasn't looking for an MMO but more of a hybrid. It has a ranking system for factions, it does have forced grouping for certain events, and it makes you sort of pick and choose who you want to run with in the future if you click together as a group. There is the RPG aspect of grinding for gear and working as a group for it for the betterment of the group to make runs easier.

The raid itself was worth the DLC for me. Like I said, the raid is everything I was looking for when I played the beta and they mentioned raids. Hectic encounters with team work being essential. You can ask anyone who was part of our group, we all had a blast.

I haven't tried the new strikes yet, we might do them tonight, level to 31 for tomorrow and then push Crota's **** in on Thursday.

I know its no a true MMO, just little MMO aspects like you said ....the Destiny world is just seem very small, it feels like i could literally drive thru all planets is a few hours.

My MMO loveing friend absolutely hates destiny is why I was asking.

Last edited:

Was it worth $17.50 ($20) tag though? I think if it'd been $10, I'd be less averse to copping, but I'm still on the fence.. I still feel like my $60 wasn't justified. :\

Yes, I've put a lot of time into the game. But as I said in an earlier post, I felt this one should have been free, then pay for the next one in the spring.

I paid $10 for it so to me it was worth it. (I bought the Digital Guardian Edition for 90.00-10 credit I had, so comes out to $10 per DLC). Crota's end is endless fun. I can't imagine hard mode as there are pillars around certain encounters which are currently empty that are definitely going to be used for some other mobs (maybe ogres, more knights, or wizards) that are going to cause complete mayhem.

Crota's End is hours of fun alone.

And Quad, I didn't want to play a true MMO. So this hybrid works for me.

Last edited:

Was it worth $17.50 ($20) tag though? I think if it'd been $10, I'd be less averse to copping, but I'm still on the fence.. I still feel like my $60 wasn't justified. :\

Yes, I've put a lot of time into the game. But as I said in an earlier post, I felt this one should have been free, then pay for the next one in the spring.

The DLC for me took less than 30 seconds to download, which means it was probably already on the disc.

$60 was worth the game as I usually don't even play online unless its a sport title, it was worth it for the simple fact of meeting everybody in here ...i hardly even visit the PS4 thread anymore, Sorry Boost.

Last edited:
A side question.. Did anyone in here try warframe? For some reason I want to go back and try it out again.

The DLC for me took less than 30 seconds to download, which means it was probably already on the disc.

$60 was worth the game as I usually don't even play online unless its a sport title, it was worth it for the simple fact of meeting everybody in here ...i hardly even visit the PS4 thread anymore, Sorry Boost.

Remember that major update we installed a couple weeks back that took forever to download? That was DLC preperation.

A side question.. Did anyone in here try warframe? For some reason I want to go back and try it out again.
Before Destiny came out I used to play it with a friend who still plays it religiously
laugh.gif

I have raid gloves, chest, and class item for my Titan; boots for my Hunter. Have yet to go in with my Warlock.

Two chests found so far (one at the beginning and one right after the bridge/totems). 

No not yet. We have a new tactic to try tonight, but we had him down to about 1/4. Just can't seem to hold off the knights throwing splash damage in our position. 

I think we are going to stay in the tower part and shift side to side.

Was it worth $17.50 ($20) tag though? I think if it'd been $10, I'd be less averse to copping, but I'm still on the fence.. I still feel like my $60 wasn't justified.
ohwell.gif

How many years have you bought CoD and the map packs though. Which are normally half new maps and the other half are old maps just redone?

Or how many of us have bought Madden every single year or 2k every year for that matter?

If you play the game, like it and are having fun with it, then it was worth it in my eyes.

Me and Biggie come from MMO world and those worlds are ridiculously large. Remember though....we paid like $40-50 for the game AND then $15/month there after for 2-3 years. I still owned consoles and played those games as well on top of that.

Of course those games are bigger, they are on a larger scale. 40-man raids and PvP matches, 2 different alliances with like 8 different classes and 5 different races to choose from per side. Tons of factions to rank up, and tons of different skills to go with them.

Like Biggie, I was happy to get a FPS with MMO characteristics on a console and for me, this fits the bill perfectly. I don't want to hear about Borderlands on PS3 either. One, well because it is on PS3
laugh.gif
and 2, from watching videos on it, I just don't seem like I can get into it.

Last edited:
No not yet. We have a new tactic to try tonight, but we had him down to about 1/4. Just can't seem to hold off the knights throwing splash damage in our position. 

We've been scouring the reddit forums and videos for strats. Uptop definitely seems like the best option. I think that we have a few tricks up our sleeves going into it and we should be okay I think.

I did read in one of the posts that he sometimes goes inside, but there was no video proof. I guess that's when you move side to side.

How many years have you bought CoD and the map packs though. Which are normally half new maps and the other half are old maps just redone?

Or how many of us have bought Madden every single year or 2k every year for that matter?

If you play the game, like it and are having fun with it, then it was worth it in my eyes.

Me and Biggie come from MMO world and those worlds are ridiculously large. Remember though....we paid like $40-50 for the game AND then $15/month there after for 2-3 years. I still owned consoles and played those games as well on top of that.

Of course those games are bigger, they are on a larger scale. 40-man raids and PvP matches, 2 different alliances with like 8 different classes and 5 different races to choose from per side. Tons of factions to rank up, and tons of different skills to go with them.

Like Biggie, I was happy to get a FPS with MMO characteristics on a console and for me, this fits the bill perfectly. I don't want to hear about Borderlands on PS3 either. One, well because it is on PS3 :lol: and 2, from watching videos on it, I just don't seem like I can get into it.

I've never bought a CoD in my life.. look at my trophy list for proof. And I dont really do dlc.. The only piece of add-on content I've ever bought was TLoU: left behind.

I've bought the last two 2k's (last year as part of a b2g1@ ps4 launch and this year I waited for it go on sale for $30)

I am having fun (the game mechanics themselves are excellent), but I wish there was more variety or story... (I play non sports/fighting games for the stories they tell)

Maybe I'm disappointed because I was expecting HaloLands, didn't get that, and have a bit of early adopters remorse.. mostly because i generally dont pay full price for games anymore.

Last edited:
I've never bought a CoD in my life.. look at my trophy list for proof. And I dont really do dlc.. The only piece of add-on content I've ever bought was TLoU: left behind.

I've bought the last two 2k's (last year as part of a b2g1@ ps4 launch and this year I waited for it go on sale for $30)

I am having fun (the game mechanics themselves are excellent), but I wish there was more variety or story... (I play non sports/fighting games for the stories they tell)

Maybe I'm disappointed because I was expecting HaloLands, didn't get that, and have a bit of early adopters remorse.. mostly because i generally dont pay full price for games anymore.
You sure are the needle in the haystack
roll.gif

I feel you though. After I typed it, I was like "should've made that a separate post" because I didn't want it to seem like it was solely focused at you. It was more so at all the people that say the DLC wasn't worth it, they wanted more, etc, but yet they still out there buying every CoD, BF, sports game year in and year out and buy all the elite editions and map packs to go with them.

I don't know what was wrong with it. Everytime you talked there was a bad echo. I guess I'll just use the stock headset that came with the PS4 lol

Edit - did you ever figure out how homeboy took his sparrow over water to that island?

Naw I never figured out what sort of black magic @Ballahb used

We've been scouring the reddit forums and videos for strats. Uptop definitely seems like the best option. I think that we have a few tricks up our sleeves going into it and we should be okay I think.

I did read in one of the posts that he sometimes goes inside, but there was no video proof. I guess that's when you move side to side.
I can confirm that if you have a leveled Super Good Advice on two/three people, it takes down the oversoul very fast due to the guns ability to put missed bullets back into the clip. It counts hitting the oversoul as a miss. We are just trying to get to the point we have no deaths to cause the oversoul.

I suggest putting that in spoilers for those who haven't see what Crota looks like, what it entails, and lastly for those that want to be blind to the encounter.

very clean strategy here.. No deaths, communication, simple. TMT got this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom