Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

So speaking of resets, NFs can't get any worse than last week for me can they? Shards on 2 characters and then energy on the 3rd right? Or am I just being too optimistic?:wow:

I could care less if its worth my money or not ...the fact that I got to play with pretty much everybody in this thread made it worth it for me.
smokin.gif
You don't play with me bro
frown.gif
Never owned a xbox Shotta ...imma PS head from the very beginning.
I was also until I played Halo 2. I'm back tho, been chipping at Bloodborne lil and lil.

I wouldn't mind a raid @memphissfinest  it's been a while and I still need a gally. Ill be on MK tho, if you get a party hmu Ill run a raid. It's been a few weeks but I still got the gladiator in me

Vault Capacity increased to 24 Armor Slots, 36 Weapon Slots, and 24 General Slots
Valus Ta'Aruc's strength has been reduced by 33%
Greatly reduced the weighting of Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi in Control, Iron Banner, and Inferno Control playlists

Crota's End
Crota will now wait until fully standing before a sword attack

Fixed a bug where the sword immediately despawned after killing a swordbearer

Swords will now last a full 30 seconds after being picked up

Fixed an issue introduced in 1.1.1 that allowed Ice Breaker to persist ammo after respawn - does this mean no more ammo glitch before Crota?

Bruh.... I thought that was intentional that I kept my IB ammo when I died :lol:

This update is 6gb just a heads up, let it DL in the background as youre doing something else.

This probably has some data for HoW then if it's that large. Wonder if some of these guys will be able to datamine the weapons and armor. There was a warning that Bungie found a way to hide Xur and the NF/weekly schedule though.

Last edited:
@Quad
 where can you do that? Ive looked everywhere to no success

@bigj505
 it is glorious :(((( 

The in game options menu, the only reason the cam echos is b/c it is so close to he TV speaker or surround sound speaker in my case, of course if you turn the down the volume then you will not be able to hear someone speak to you, so you have to adjust the sound in the menu options ....this is how I can listen to spotify and play games at the same time.

These PVP Changes :smokin

Ammunition/General

1. Crates are now visible for all players long before they are available to pick up, with a countdown timer added to show when they will arrive
    [*] Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death
  2. Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)
    [*] Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)
  3. Increased drop radius when a friendly picks up a Special crate (from 20 meters to 100 meters)
  4. Slightly increased interaction time on Special Ammo crate (from 0.1 seconds to 0.8 seconds)
  5. Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)
  6. Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)
  7. Heavy ammo now lets everyone know which player or Faction picked up ammo
  8. Increased warning time on Heavy ammo (from 10 seconds to 15 seconds)
  9. Added incremental revive timers to Skirmish and Salvage: Each time a teammate revives you, it takes longer before you can be revived again (currently +5s each revive)

Can't wait man.. dam what an update.. more than I expected.

Last edited:
I could care less if its worth my money or not ...the fact that I got to play with pretty much everybody in this thread made it worth it for me.
smokin.gif
word, thats the ONLY thing that made this game worth it tho if we're keeping it funky. NT made this game great, otherwise im sure we wouldve all  burned out after a month or 2
These PVP Changes 
smokin.gif

Ammunition/General
  1. Crates are now visible for all players long before they are available to pick up, with a countdown timer added to show when they will arrive
  2. Guardians no longer drop Special ammo on death
  3. Lowered the amount of Special ammo picked up from crates (from 50% to 25%)
  4. Special Ammo crate respawn time raised (from 45 seconds to 120 seconds)
  5. Increased drop radius when a friendly picks up a Special crate (from 20 meters to 100 meters)
  6. Slightly increased interaction time on Special Ammo crate (from 0.1 seconds to 0.8 seconds)
  7. Reduced the number of Special crates on the maps and relocated them (from 6-8 crates to 3-5 crates)
  8. Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)
  9. Heavy ammo now lets everyone know which player or Faction picked up ammo
  10. Increased warning time on Heavy ammo (from 10 seconds to 15 seconds)
Can't wait man.. dam what an update.. more than I expected.
all they did is hurt special ammo. so basically, u either run around with a scout/pulse rifle or handgun (cant be an autorifle) or a shotgun since its a 1shot and wont hurt your ammo reserve. im glad ur happy about that lol

Last edited:
Random PS4 Question.

I left my PS4 on Standby.. does this mean this patch will automatically be downloaded when I get home? or is that just for Sony Firmware updates ?

Random PS4 Question.

I left my PS4 on Standby.. does this mean this patch will automatically be downloaded when I get home? or is that just for Sony Firmware updates ?

As a plus member on PS3 there was an option to download other patches as well. But I think that it had a specific wake timer (5am I think?). I'm not 100% sure about PS4.

Was in the middle of a crota hm when i got booted to update this crap smh. Atleast i got a word of crota before i got booted

Random PS4 Question.

As a plus member on PS3 there was an option to download other patches as well. But I think that it had a specific wake timer (5am I think?). I'm not 100% sure about PS4.

I don't think it download  and install game updates however from the commets on this video.

Man Tek hates everything about this game now
laugh.gif

Those special ammo changes needed to be made and should help out. They should keep people from running with the a shotty/fusion/sniper the entire game. I am interested to see how this plays out with the whole "Heavy ammo now lets everyone know which player or Faction picked up ammo."

"Special and Heavy ammo bricks now despawn when a player dies or on a timer (20 seconds for Special, 30 seconds for Heavy)"

Guess that means no more being close so you get the heavy ammo drop and then leave it for later to come back to. It will either despawn after 30 sec or will go away when you die anyways.

word, thats the ONLY thing that made this game worth it tho if we're keeping it funky. NT made this game great, otherwise im sure we wouldve all  burned out after a month or 2

all they did is hurt special ammo. so basically, u either run around with a scout/pulse rifle or handgun (cant be an autorifle) or a shotgun since its a 1shot and wont hurt your ammo reserve. im glad ur happy about that lol

Correct me if I'm wrong.. What was your biggest problem with crucible? From memory I remember you complaining about shotgun use. This patch mainly hurts people who love to snipe, but it puts more emphasis on gun skill (primary weapon) than just blinking with a shotgun (which I loved doing).. Yeah yeah your precious fusion rifle will get less ammo, now it's time to rely on your primary.

It's great balance.

Trust, I play PVP heavily, and I love my Felwinters

Last edited:
Things pulled through datamining the patch. it's constantly being updated, but here is what they have so far.

Patch 1.1.2 - Behind the Scenes

This post is essentially complete. We'll make another pass or two to verify.

We're now adding a cumulative "highlights" section. =)
Social Spaces - Halls of Amentet! & "Queen's Bay"

Halls of Amentet - "Only true champions, tested in the Trials of Osiris, dare set foot in these fabled halls." This sounds awesome, a 3-player Social spot on Mercury.
Queen's Bay -"Gateway to the Reef, home of the Queen and her Awoken. Entry point for Guardians looking to collect Reef bounties, forge new allegiances and test themselves in the Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris." — Looks like the "Reef Social Space" got an official name. Neat!

Strikes

The Shadow Thief - "Taniks-Syn, the Fallen's most notorious mercenary, is leading a strike force on the Moon. Board his Ketch and kill him or he will continue to cut a trail of death across the system." — Will be the new Nightfall & W. Heroic
Belly of the Beast - "A Fallen Wolfship holding an infamous Walker has touched down in the Ocean of Storms. Breach the Ketch and see to this Walker's end."
Wolves' Gambit - "A pack of Fallen Wolves is picking a fight with the Vex on Venus. Head along the Shattered Coast and track down the Wolves to uncover Skolas's plan."

Story Missions

A Joining of Houses - Scour the Cosmodrome. Find and assassinate the Wolves' Baron and any of his co-conspirators.
An Army of Wolves - Track the House of Wolves through the caldera on Venus. Kill the Wolf pack before their Kell, Skolas, can rally the Fallen House of Winter to his cause.
Pact of Wolves - "mission_pact", on Earth
The World Ravager - "Skolas has his eyes set on the Vex Citadel on Venus. Capture him before he can plunder the secrets of space and time." — (Wooh!)

Quests

Dark Raider - "A High Priest of the House of Wolves has been sent to the Hellmouth. Track him and his crew. Stop them from stealing the Hive's darkest secrets."
Duel of the Silent Fang - "Locate and eliminate Skolas's elite assassins, the Silent Fang."
Wolves' Gambit - "A pack of Fallen Wolves is picking a fight with the Vex on Venus. Head along the Shattered Coast and track down the Wolves to uncover Skolas's plan."

"Raid"

The Arena has been renamed to The Prison of Elders: "This combat arena pits brave Guardian Fireteams against the solar system's deadliest enemies. Not all who enter survive, but those who do earn glory… and the greatest treasures of the Reef."

PVP Maps

The Timekeeper - "Meridian Bay, Mars"
Thieves' Den - "Ishtar Sink, Venus"
Widow's Court - "European Dead Zone, Earth"
Black Shield? - "Firebase Thuria, Phobos"
MM TEST FACTORY - "DO NOT PLAY. TEST ONLY." Oh, Bungie ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PVP Modes

These ones may not be new, but they're still in the patch. Will simply include for sake of completeness.

Ancient Relics (Salvage) - Inferno Salvage? "No trackers and simplified scoring."
Elimination - A bit vague...
Eternal War

Bounties

Bounties that required 10 spree medals now require 15 kills. Much easier!

Unknown/Other?

"The House of Wolves" (link broken?) - "Join Petra Venj and her allies in the Reef. Hunt the Fallen House of Wolves and their notorious Kell, Skolas, the Betrayer. Your reward? Glory… and treasures beyond imagination."
/u/JSouth25 speculates this may be the Raid not being included with HoW.
Mercury will be a selectable location; this is how Halls of Amentet will be accessed.
Bungie keeps poking around the data for Treasure Maps, but all the data's still broken

Ships & Schematics

Looks like they added roughly 46 Ship Schematics! Including the one for the Exotic Ship, Manus Celer Dei! Seems to indicate more of a move toward rewarding Schematics vs. giving you a ship outright. (Speculation: Could be possible rewards for the Treasure Maps, if they end up using those.)
Looks like these ships might be Red & Black

Notable Ships and their schematic:

Manus Celer Dei - Schematic: Manus Celer Dei Schematic - Hope we can actually get this!
Glass Minuet - Schematic: Glass Minuet - Interesting that they have a Schematic for this now.
No End Theory - Schematic: No End Theory
Permission to Stomp - Schematic: Permission to Stomp
The Worldbreaker - Schematic: The Worldbreaker
Silent Verdict - Schematic: Silent Verdict
Omit the Legend - Schematic: Omit the Legend

BONUS: Sparrow Upgrade, Tuned Drive - "Upgrades an equipped Sparrow to improve overall speed and durability."

Oh, and don't forget our Chrome extension! Formats links to look nice & have tooltips. =)
Trials of Osiris

Trials of Osiris - "Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris, for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come. A string of victories will earn great rewards - but lose too many matches, and you're out."
Text changed from "lose three times" to "lose too many matches"

Nightfalls gave me garbage...:smh:

dead orbit rocket laucher......wack roll

vanquisher.....wack roll

Helm of Inmost Light.....wack roll

VOG exotic chest....shards/energies x3

**** week so far......AND no Iron Banner either?  :smh:
You still alive? I need someone to carry in PVP

Correct me if I'm wrong.. What was your biggest problem with crucible? From memory I remember you complaining about shotgun use. This patch mainly hurts people who love to snipe, but it puts more emphasis on gun skill (primary weapon) than just blinking with a shotgun (which I loved doing).. Yeah yeah your precious fusion rifle will get less ammo, now it's time to rely on your primary.

It's great balance.

Trust, I play PVP heavily, and I love my Felwinters
crucible was just wack. it was cool running with yall and everything but..overall, it always felt like it was missing something to me. i also didn't like how bungie didn't let the game play out, they alter every thing they personally dont like. theyve nerfed auto rifles to hell so theyre absolutely useless now. to even use one puts you at such a disadvantage theres no reason to ever use one at all in crucible. then shotguns are OP period with dumb range. yes i was notorious for my pocket infinity love but a couple nerfs ago when they hit fusion rifles, they made the PI impossible to use as well.

I tested with a friend in rumble. had him stand still and i was 5 feet from him. he survived 3 direct hits from the PI to the chest/stomach area. he had a sliver of life left which explained to me why i was suddenly losing every gun fight. so i had to stop using the vanquisher AND stop using the PI. i refuse to use shottys cuz theyre so cheap. i said fine ill run with handguns but it just wasnt fun to me. bungie wants u to use a pulse rifle. so now everyone is running the same guns + felwinters. just wack. great balance? balance has been tilted towards pulse and shotty combo for months now. there is no balance.

Man Tek hates everything about this game now
laugh.gif
pretty much. the BEST aspect of this game was the social portion. once that element was over, the game was just pointless chores. u clock in, do ur weekly stuff, clock out on tuesday. thats terrible. HoW will revive the community hopefully for a while. but i cant even enjoy pvp anymore. all ive got left is u guys lol. and yall are trash. jk

I do agree that the "nerf" was just bungie telling u u need to use pulse rifles now :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom