Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Well I just did those new queens wrath bounties. Kinda easy. Did all 4 solo. Gjallahorn made easy work of all of em. Also you can't shoot rockets/damage the enemies as they fall from the ship it'll just say they're immune until they hit the ground. Just a heads up.

Edit: also the chests spawn in different locations, but I think the bounty enemies spawn in the same spot every time. Didn't get any of those treasure key things yet, but I'm gonna try again on my other character.

Last edited:
For those that are still on/when you can get back on. Heads up you can get POE treasure keys/legendary engrams from those chests and you can hit 1 chest multiple times by leaving zones and coming back like with regular chests.

Only works while your key is still active so find those chests ASAP.

Apparently the Blink cool down is much longer, you can't spam blink anymore.. and when you get hit with Thorn theres a burn noise instead of the screen turning green.

My connection is no longer red in Crucible (even though I have a great connection). No more hate mail :smokin

Happy BDAY biggie62 biggie62

Double Crucible Marks :smokin

Last edited:
PSN down for anyone else? This some real BS MANG.
mean.gif

Looks like these Lizard Squad idiots are back.
If i remember correctly maintenance was planned for this week. These idiots may have had nothing to do with it.

Got 3 of 4 chests with the hunter the first try. Didn't wait around to try the 3rd one again since I had to do it on my other guys anyways. No key for me though unfortunately.

For those who want spoilers for HoW. Some stuff was datamined including weapons, armor, and a whole lot of everything else. I'm putting link in a spoiler.

Last edited:
Day 5 bounty just opened up. It is on the moon.

Still no keys with my warlock. Still have the Titan left and then go back for the day 5 bounty with warlock and Hunter. Guess farm keys after that.

Oh... You can leave the zone and come back while you still have the buff and get the loot again from the chest :smokin

Ive been obsolete from thread and Destiny in general, I got an update last night, what was it about?

From PlanetDestiny:

Patch 1.2 Live!

May 15, 2015

These patch notes can also be found at Bungie.net

Destiny Expansion II will change the way we all play and upgrade our characters. Before the release of the House of Wolves, we’re deploying new code that will impact the player experience.

Weapons
•Fixed an issue in which Vex Mythoclast was not respawning with primary ammunition
•Fixed an issue with the Hive Disruptor perk, which now appears in the Black Hammer perk set again
•Fixed an issue in which the Phantom Gift and White Nail perks would become interrupted when non-precision damage occurred from other perks
•Bonus damage from other perks (e.g., Explosive Rounds, Hive Disruptor) no longer interrupts the count
•Three precision hits within the time window will trigger the intended refund bonus
•Fixed an issue in which the Hive Disruptor perk did not work correctly with sustained damage events (auto rifles, pulse, etc.)
•Oracle Disruptor perk now triggers more often
•Hive Disruptor perk now triggers more often, but does less damage per event

PVP
•Salvage: Moved the first Relic to more consistently appear in a centralized position on the map
•Fixed an issue that caused players to wait an excessively long time to respawn

Tower
•Faction reward packages will no longer produce Shards
•The Speaker will now exchange Ascendant and Radiant Materials for Glimmer and Motes of Light
•Xûr will now exchange Strange Coins for Motes of Light
•Commendations are no longer required to purchase gear
•Commendations can now be converted to receive +250 gains in Vanguard, Crucible, or Faction reputation
•Note: Etheric Light will not be made available for ascending gear until the release of House of Wolves

User Interface
•Vendor Interaction Panel has been updated to support Quest chains
•Vendor Interaction Panel now has better animations and fewer popping issues
•Number of buffs that can be displayed on the Character screen has been increased
•Inventory item stacks that have reached their highest possible count will now display gold numbers along with an alert in the tooltip that maximum quantities have been acquired

Audio
•Added improved feedback for players who take damage from energy weapons

Companion
•Fixed an issue in which the Mercury Grimoire card was not being awarded
•Retroactively awarded the Mercury Grimoire card to players who have found the “Mercury Memory Fragment” Dead Ghost
•Vendor items, damage types, and perks will now be visible on Bungie.net and the Mobile App

Technical
•Addressed a crash on Xbox One that was induced when too many explosions/projectiles were generated
•Fixed an issue that affected the network quality user interface
•Indicators will no longer display persistently bad (“red”) quality after a user’s connection recovers from a temporary quality issue
•The quality indicators should now always correctly reflect a user’s live connection quality

*Addendum
•We have discovered that Legendary Engrams will drop in 1.2.0 that the Cryptarchs will not recognize
•Hold on to all newly-acquired purple Engrams until May 19th to benefit from their upgraded decryption skillset

The following is a preview of changes that will take effect on May 19th, 2015 on or soon after 10AM PST with the manual activation of House of Wolves.

Destiny Hot Fix – 05/19/2015

1.2.0.1 : The one with House of Wolves

Along with the release of Destiny Expansion II, we are delivering some new investment and upgrade paths. The following are changes that will have an impact on every player of Destiny.

PVP

General
•Added a new Daily Reward package upon completion of the first game in the Daily Featured Crucible playlist
•Added Passage Coins to reward streams across all playlists, including the Daily reward package
•Increased Crucible Mark drop rate across all playlists by 100%
•Increased Crucible Reputation earnings across all playlists by 100%
•Increased Rare Weapons and Gear drop chance for completing games across all playlists by 100%
•Added Legendary Weapon drops into the Crucible reward stream across all playlists
•Added Dark Below maps into all Crucible playlists for all players to enjoy (Pantheon, The Cauldron, Skyshock)

Iron Banner
•Adjusted the power curve for Iron Banner playlists to accommodate the competitive range of power in House of Wolves
•Across one Iron Banner event, players competing in Iron Banner with more than one character on the same account will receive a reputation boost for the lower-ranked characters to reach parity with the higher-ranked character more quickly
•Six additional Iron Banner bounties have been added to the bounty rotation
•Removed an errant buff from Iron Banner Control playlist
•Etheric Light will now be available at Ranks 3 and 5 in Iron Banner

Tower
•The Cryptarch will no longer convert newly acquired Legendary Engrams to Shards (possibilities include gear/weapons or exotics)
Daily Heroics will produce Motes of Light in lieu of Shards
•Ascending: Year 1 Legendary and Exotic gear can be upgraded to the highest power levels available in Year 1

User Interface
•The Control UI above the mini scoreboard has been fixed & returned to the players HUD

Technical
•Added a new “Connection Recovery” System
•Specific player networking problems will now be fixed instead of kicking affected players to orbit
•This will be enabled first for Trials of Osiris and rolled out to other activities over time

Back
Top Bottom