Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'm slowly getting there with my characters.
Titan is a 283
Warlock is a 275
Hunter is a 262
Just need to keep playing. It definitely gets easier as my characters level up. Been just trying to level up my subclasses as well.

Still no sword
Can't figure out how to do the Champion of the Cult story. Would really appreciate some insight guys.

I have my FWC emblem and FWC shader on but I can't figure out the class item. If it's the cloth or whatever, I'm sol because I dismantled it and I don't think I can get another. And if I did, I wouldn't know because it doesn't say FWC anymore :smh:

:lol: I see you post too much in here to ask such a question. How can't you figure out what the class item is or not know where to buy it? :stoneface:

As others said, daily crucible and story will get you marks, and with the new Crucible mode this week you will randomly get 10 marks per win.

I am sure this is a dumb question...but:

I have 285 light now..and the majority of my items are Blue/Rare which are replacing the 280 Purple/Legendary I had.

My point being..whats the point of Legendarys now if Rare items are giving more light?

Off jump, just use highest level gear in order to raid. Once you start acquiring raid gear, it will replace the blues and other legendaries. Furthermore, you'll then be able to start specializing and building armor sets that you like.

But short answer, Legendary gear has more perks and multiple perks, blues only have 1 perk.

Thanks for the stone face but maybe you didn't understand my issue.
I know where to buy it. I'm sad that there is no kiosk for getting my old ones. The ones that used to drop used to indicate what factions they were for. They do not now. You just have to know and I really didn't not want to waste 75 marks when I'm still building my character.
I already knew about the marks stuff other than that you can double dip the daily crucible. That just popped up so forgive me for not knowing. Not everyone is a destiny encyclopedia bruh.

I know where to buy it. I'm sad that there is no kiosk for getting my old ones. The ones that used to drop used to indicate what factions they were for. They do not now. You just have to know and I really didn't not want to waste 75 marks when I'm still building my character.
I already knew about the marks stuff other than that you can double dip the daily crucible. That just popped up so forgive me for not knowing. Not everyone is a destiny encyclopedia bruh.

Old Class Items get replaced every DLC so .... and also, class items only dropped from leveling your Faction, so obviously that's your indicator.. but the class pieces have always been expensive. Furthermore, the icon isn't enough of an indicator? :lol:

:nerd:

I'm slowly getting there with my characters.
Titan is a 283
Warlock is a 275
Hunter is a 262
Just need to keep playing. It definitely gets easier as my characters level up. Been just trying to level up my subclasses as well.

Still no sword
Can't figure out how to do the Champion of the Cult story. Would really appreciate some insight guys.

I have my FWC emblem and FWC shader on but I can't figure out the class item. If it's the cloth or whatever, I'm sol because I dismantled it and I don't think I can get another. And if I did, I wouldn't know because it doesn't say FWC anymore
mean.gif
laugh.gif
I see you post too much in here to ask such a question. How can't you figure out what the class item is or not know where to buy it?
indifferent.gif

As others said, daily crucible and story will get you marks, and with the new Crucible mode this week you will randomly get 10 marks per win.
I am sure this is a dumb question...but:

I have 285 light now..and the majority of my items are Blue/Rare which are replacing the 280 Purple/Legendary I had.

My point being..whats the point of Legendarys now if Rare items are giving more light?
Off jump, just use highest level gear in order to raid. Once you start acquiring raid gear, it will replace the blues and other legendaries. Furthermore, you'll then be able to start specializing and building armor sets that you like.

But short answer, Legendary gear has more perks and multiple perks, blues only have 1 perk.
I know this feeling. @Biggie62  was laughing at  me because I got all hyped with the iPads. I thought class pieces were included so I dismantled a bunch of mine on day one. Luckily it was before I got anything valuable and they were all year one random ones. Biggie and Wright were laughing so hard at me. Try to cash in motes/ammo synths for faction rep. I had a new Dead Orbit class piece drop for me within 3-4 faction level ups.

I totally agree though, there should be a kiosk for the class pieces. SMDH Bungie.

Oh so that's what do with the Agonarch Rune *wee bey gif* ....nephew picked it last week sometime and had no idea WTF to do with it. :smh:

Last edited:

Old Class Items get replaced every DLC so .... and also, class items only dropped from leveling your Faction, so obviously that's your indicator.. but the class pieces have always been expensive. Furthermore, the icon isn't enough of an indicator? :lol:

:nerd:

So I guess you know how I roll then huh? Like I'm so excited about new DLC that I constant update those things? I had the same faction equipped since before the crota DLC dropped and ONLY knew what is was associated with because it said FWC in the description. You act like they drop that item for every level up and I just leveled my FWC up yesterday to be eligible for the activity.
What's so hard to comprehend about that? You really act like Bungie did not just completely overhaul the game and that all of this stuff is straight forward.

Last edited:
So I guess you know how I roll then huh? Like I'm so excited about new DLC that I constant update those things? I had the same faction equipped since before the crota DLC dropped and ONLY knew what is was associated with because it said FWC in the description. You act like they drop that item for every level up and I just leveled my FWC up yesterday to be eligible for the activity.
What's so hard to comprehend about that? You really act like Bungie did not just completely overhaul the game and that all of this stuff is straight forward.

They did but to his defense we post a lot of stuff here plus there are helpful threads on reddit. Not sure if you browse there from time to time but it's extremely helpful

When you get time, browse the Armory on Bungie.net or walk to the vendors in the tower and you'll see how easy it is to identify which class items belong to each faction. It's really very simple to recognize... We're on a sneaker forum, its as easy as identifying Nikes, Adidas, etc.. each brand has its signature, same with factions.

But, ill offer you some assistance.. New Monarchy is red/white or 3 stripes... Dead Orbit is black/white, and FWC is colorful, in most cases FWC is branded on it

Last edited:

They did but to his defense we post a lot of stuff here plus there are helpful threads on reddit. Not sure if you browse there from time to time but it's extremely helpful

i don't read reddit unless one of you post it. I asked a simple question which did not require a jerk response. I don't remember seeing any breakdown of that quest posted in here. None.

When you get time, browse the Armory on Bungie.net or walk to the vendors in the tower and you'll see how easy it is to identify which class items belong to each faction. It's really very simple to recognize... We're on a sneaker forum, its as easy as identifying Nikes, Adidas, etc.. each brand has its signature, same with factions.

But, ill offer you some assistance.. New Monarchy is red/white or 3 stripes... Dead Orbit is black/white, and FWC is colorful, in most cases FWC is branded on it

thanks for the juvenile replies. we are supposed to help each other out in here. not condescend someone for not knowing what you know. for future referece, just ignore whatever i post since im not on your level.

Oh so that's what do with the Agonarch Rune *wee bey gif* ....nephew picked it last week sometime and had no idea WTF to do with it.
mean.gif

i don't read reddit unless one of you post it. I asked a simple question which did not require a jerk response. I don't remember seeing any breakdown of that quest posted in here. None.
BigJ, 

If you get a class piece that has the perk to increase Vanguard Rep, it is a Vanguard class item

If you have one that increases Crucible Rep, it is a Crucible piece

If you get one that is Black/White and increases D.O. Rep, then it is a D.O. class piece. 

Red/White & NM rep = NM piece

Purple/Gold/White + FWC Rep = FWC piece

It is all good man. People tend to overlook minor things like that. It isn't too serious though. We gave Zero crap for a couple days for doing the same thing, so it isn't just you 
laugh.gif

thank you wrightone86 wrightone86 - i definitely didn't know that. im still learning from the overhauled system. trying to ease my way into things since its been so much change.

blaz3n blaz3n - all love still man. just not having the best day.

zero23 zero23 - no love for you and you know why... ahem brons... X...

biggie62 biggie62 - imma need you to go ahead and tell bungie they doing too much for the normal folks :D

thank you wrightone86 wrightone86 - i definitely didn't know that. im still learning from the overhauled system. trying to ease my way into things since its been so much change.

biggie62 biggie62 - imma need you to go ahead and tell bungie they doing too much for the normal folks :D

But then what are the more hardcore players like me supposed to do? :smh:

But then what are the more hardcore players like me supposed to do? :smh:

START A FAMILY :evil:

thank you @WrightOne86 - i definitely didn't know that. im still learning from the overhauled system. trying to ease my way into things since its been so much change.

@bLaZ3n - all love still man. just not having the best day.

@Zero23 - no love for you and you know why... ahem brons... X...

@Biggie62 - imma need you to go ahead and tell bungie they doing too much for the normal folks
happy.gif
No problem man.

I am trying to remember 100% if the faction ones have increased rep for their actual faction or for Crucible in general now though, lol. I am leaning towards they have increased Crucible rep. I think it is the exotic class pieces you get that have the increase for that specific faction. Biggie can come through and confirm with the devs on that for us though. 
laugh.gif

But then what are the more hardcore players like me supposed to do?
mean.gif
You just wait until you start your new gig next month and you don't have all this free time to play all day.

Unless.....this is just Bungie giving you time off/vacation from the TTK release success and next month you will start working on the next DLC coming out 
nerd.gif

Well... I meant my future monies :lol:
I'm at 50 now. Didn't know we could double dip on the crucible matches. So much win.

Do we get 25 marks per character for setting up the patrols on the daughtnaught? (Spelling?)

actually the "taken control" is unlimited marks as far as i know. i played 5 matches yesterday i think and got 10 each time.

I have the Black Spindle :smokin
I also got a legendary ship along with it. It's black with glowing orange lines flowing
Btw you can go to the blueprint thing in the tower and get another Black Spindle at 300 atk for 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer. Then use it to infuse other guns to 300

Saw this on the Armsday/Gunsmith mechanics. 
NOTE: THIS IS ABSOLUTE PRIORITY. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, DO ANYTHING WITH THE WEAPON ORDER PACKAGE IN YOUR INVENTORY. USING IT AS A CONSUMABLE DELETES IT AND YOU CAN NO LONGER OBTAIN THE WEAPON. GO IMMEDIATELY TO THE GUNSMITH AT THE TOWER!

Once you get to the tower, bring your Armsday packages from last week to the Gunsmith. You will have the option of choosing between possible variations of the weapon you ordered, with different elemental effects and perks available between your possible choices. The number of variations of each order available is equal to your Gunsmith level. This means that you should complete your field test weapons first before picking up your ordered weapons, as you may level up and get a new option.

I'd like to point out that you do NOT have the entirety of the week to place weapons orders. It appears that the time limit is when Xûr leaves the tower on Sundays. Place your orders by Saturday night.
I didnt' know that even though we ordered last week, if we rank up to 2 or 3, we get an additional setup of the weapon to choose from.

I have the Black Spindle
smokin.gif

I also got a legendary ship along with it. It's black with glowing orange lines flowing
Btw you can go to the blueprint thing in the tower and get another Black Spindle at 300 atk for 1 exotic shard and 2500 glimmer. Then use it to infuse other guns to 300
Repped. Too bad it's not a primary, or I could infuse it to get a bunch of my exotic primaries to 300.

might be a noob question but does anyone know if the calcified fragment only drop in the court of orix if you're the one that summons the rune? :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom