Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

A few thoughts of this new series thus far:

• I understand it's been some time since Dexter was routinely killing folks, but he seems to be VERY sloppy, even for his standards. Seems as if he's forgotten a few steps to "Harry's Code". Wonder if it has anything to do with Deb now being his Dark Passenger. When Harry was "around", he didn't really bring much doubt, more so reinforce his teachings. Deb seems to bring far more doubt, than assurances to Dexter.
  • Podcast chick could EASILY blow up Dexter's spot. We already know she's very familiar with the Trinity Killer, thus it would be acceptable to assume she's familiar with Dexter as well. She should know what he looks like. If memory serves me right, didn't she show up to Dexter's property at one point in time? Or didn't she seem him in the police station?
  • I don't see a connection with Sgt. Logan and Doakes at all. Logan seems to be more on the friendlier side, and hasn't had any suspicions of Dexter...yet.
  • Kurt Caldwell (Matts Dad), is def. the main antagonist for this season. And he def. has an MO and "type" of victim. Not sure how Harrison plays into any of this, unless his last botched kill sort of gave him an opening for a "new" type of victim, and he doesn't prejudices' against gender anymore.
  • Also, we still haven't been given a reason as to why Kurt lied about Matt calling him, and effectively cancelling the search party, unless he's looking for the killer himself.
  • Speaking of which, why the sudden interest in Harrison? It seems as if he's luring Harrison the same way he's lured all his past victims. Only differences this time would be--Harrison is a male, Harrison would be missed, Harrison should be smart enough to catch on to what Kurt is trying to do. Unless Kurt is looking to "groom" Harrison someday.
  • Also, we see Kurt "preserving" his victims bodies as some sort of "ceremonial trophy". How come the writers decided not to show us how he disposed of Green Haired Chick's body? He pretty much had a reaction towards everything Chloe did or didn't do. I think it would've been consistent to see how he reacted to unceremoniously killing Chloe.

The season has def. started to make many of the connections which has been floating around the last 4 episodes. Considering there are 10 episodes, and we've concluded with the 5th, we're pretty much on track with how things are going. Judging from the previews for next week, Angela does confront Dexter about his "past", and isn't too torn up about it. My guess is Dexter probably said he wanted to run away from it, and start anew.

In any case, the season started off incredibly slow, and has now finally picked up. Curious to see how Dexter Handles his situation with Harrison, as well as any other cameo's we may see from characters from the OG run. Would love to see Matsuka and Hannah reappear in some capacity.

Last edited:
A few thoughts of this new series thus far:

• I understand it's been some time since Dexter was routinely killing folks, but he seems to be VERY sloppy, even for his standards. Seems as if he's forgotten a few steps to "Harry's Code". Wonder if it has anything to do with Deb now being his Dark Passenger. When Harry was "around", he didn't really bring much doubt, more so reinforce his teachings. Deb seems to bring far more doubt, than assurances to Dexter.
  • Podcast chick could EASILY blow up Dexter's spot. We already know she's very familiar with the Trinity Killer, thus it would be acceptable to assume she's familiar with Dexter as well. She should know what he looks like. If memory serves me right, didn't she show up to Dexter's property at one point in time? Or didn't she seem him in the police station?
  • I don't see a connection with Sgt. Logan and Doakes at all. Logan seems to be more on the friendlier side, and hasn't had any suspicions of Dexter...yet.
  • Kurt Caldwell (Matts Dad), is def. the main antagonist for this season. And he def. has an MO and "type" of victim. Not sure how Harrison plays into any of this, unless his last botched kill sort of gave him an opening for a "new" type of victim, and he doesn't prejudices' against gender anymore.
  • Also, we still haven't been given a reason as to why Kurt lied about Matt calling him, and effectively cancelling the search party, unless he's looking for the killer himself.
  • Speaking of which, why the sudden interest in Harrison? It seems as if he's luring Harrison the same way he's lured all his past victims. Only differences this time would be--Harrison is a male, Harrison would be missed, Harrison should be smart enough to catch on to what Kurt is trying to do. Unless Kurt is looking to "groom" Harrison someday.
  • Also, we see Kurt "preserving" his victims bodies as some sort of "ceremonial trophy". How come the writers decided not to show us how he disposed of Green Haired Chick's body? He pretty much had a reaction towards everything Chloe did or didn't do. I think it would've been consistent to see how he reacted to unceremoniously killing Chloe.

The season has def. started to make many of the connections which has been floating around the last 4 episodes. Considering there are 10 episodes, and we've concluded with the 5th, we're pretty much on track with how things are going. Judging from the previews for next week, Angela does confront Dexter about his "past", and isn't too torn up about it. My guess is Dexter probably said he wanted to run away from it, and start anew.

In any case, the season started off incredibly slow, and has now finally picked up. Curious to see how Dexter Handles his situation with Harrison, as well as any other cameo's we may see from characters from the OG run. Would love to see Matsuka and Hannah reappear in some capacity.

my theory,
as far as Kurt lying, it could pretty much he accepted that his son is dead and doesn't care about it anymore but is more concerned on his own serial killings. could be the reason why he suddenly showed interest on Harrison as a replacement for his dead son. maybe we are leading towards Harrison choosing between Dexter or Kurt as a father figure kind of scenario. I guess that would be interesting as well.

I think that Kurt and the other rich dude in town gon be connected in all the bs somehow, he been lowkey these past couple episodes so he’ll probly pop up with something crazy soon

Last edited:
I think that Kurt and the other rich dude in town gon be connected in all the bs somehow, he been lowkey these pay couple episodes so he’ll probly pop up with something crazy soon

Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Edward Olsen. We haven't seen or heard from him since Audrey declined to get a ride from him after her car broke down. Show was alluding to him being the "Hunter" killer. Wonder how he's connected to all of this.

Kurt for sure don’t care about his son or is looking for the killer himself…leaning towards he don’t care.

Maybe he sees the killer instinct in Harrison?

I think Kurt must've seen Dexter on the cameras out there. I mean dude got security cameras in that room so im sure he has them somewhere else. Reason why he went over to Dexter's and was fishing for clues. Then he tells Harrison to do something nice for the person he has this rage against and then Kurt offers him a job :nerd:

Decent episode, but many things could have been done better. As someone mentioned, yes dex is sloppy because it's been 10 yrs. But he's being very careless too and that goes against the code. He definitely needs Harry back if he's going to be going down this road because Deb is making everything worse.

I'm starting to wonder about Harrison and what he actually knows and doesn't. I know he was under the influence, but why would you feel the need to reveal that big of a secret knowing the damage it can potentially do? All because you're mad at your dad for questioning you about something you obviously lied about 😂😂.

What's the deal with the podcast chick not putting things together. She met Dexter and talked to him about face to face about Harrison. We know she had to do the research for the Trinity killer ep of her podcast so how does she not remember Dexter? How does she not recall the name Harrison which isn't common at all? She barely acknowledged Batista and she did at least two shows involving their precinct. Even though the murders took place over a decade ago, we know this podcast **** is relatively new. So all that information should still be fresh in her head. Batista giving away the goods was a waste of time. Would've been better if podcast chick starting putting pieces together.

As for Angela finding out about dex, l don't see it as the end for him right now. Yes faking your death is a crime but he can front and act like he's in WITSEC, or just say he was tired of all the attention from strangers and pyscho serial killer fans looking him up and stopping him on the streets. He needed to get away from that, and Harrison needed a normal life somewhere else. I'm sure she'd be able to understand that. Besides Dexter Morgan was a regular guy. It's not like he's a wanted fugitive.

Kurt for sure don’t care about his son or is looking for the killer himself…leaning towards he don’t care.

Maybe he sees the killer instinct in Harrison?

I think Kurt must've seen Dexter on the cameras out there. I mean dude got security cameras in that room so im sure he has them somewhere else. Reason why he went over to Dexter's and was fishing for clues. Then he tells Harrison to do something nice for the person he has this rage against and then Kurt offers him a job :nerd:
Kurt definitely suspects Dexter. Not sure why yet, maybe real recognize real. Or he did se Dexter on a camera. Either way Kurt doesn't trust him and l bet you that drone is bugged.

i swear it was gon be Matts friend (the dude whose date was banging Matt) that was using his credit cards in the fancy hotel but its random dude

hot podcaster also dumb for not making the dex connection yet, i thought she'd know all about it

Must say, eventhough she ain't pretty, I somehow dig her. Dunno what it is.
Batista's sister was mad fine

I was a little tight Dexter never smashed when it seemed she was throwing it his way.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f7a2d6a6c534943674c3758436c413d3d2d3732373539393035372e313539623166323961646132383931343239353034333239383039372e676966

Last edited:
Decent episode, but many things could have been done better. As someone mentioned, yes dex is sloppy because it's been 10 yrs. But he's being very careless too and that goes against the code. He definitely needs Harry back if he's going to be going down this road because Deb is making everything worse.

I'm starting to wonder about Harrison and what he actually knows and doesn't. I know he was under the influence, but why would you feel the need to reveal that big of a secret knowing the damage it can potentially do? All because you're mad at your dad for questioning you about something you obviously lied about 😂😂.

What's the deal with the podcast chick not putting things together. She met Dexter and talked to him about face to face about Harrison. We know she had to do the research for the Trinity killer ep of her podcast so how does she not remember Dexter? How does she not recall the name Harrison which isn't common at all? She barely acknowledged Batista and she did at least two shows involving their precinct. Even though the murders took place over a decade ago, we know this podcast **** is relatively new. So all that information should still be fresh in her head. Batista giving away the goods was a waste of time. Would've been better if podcast chick starting putting pieces together.

As for Angela finding out about dex, l don't see it as the end for him right now. Yes faking your death is a crime but he can front and act like he's in WITSEC, or just say he was tired of all the attention from strangers and pyscho serial killer fans looking him up and stopping him on the streets. He needed to get away from that, and Harrison needed a normal life somewhere else. I'm sure she'd be able to understand that. Besides Dexter Morgan was a regular guy. It's not like he's a wanted fugitive.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't/wasn't someone onto him after he killed Deb? It's been some time since I've seen the last episode, but I thought someone was onto him, which is why they planned to leave for Argentina in the first place.

Kurt definitely suspects Dexter. Not sure why yet, maybe real recognize real. Or he did se Dexter on a camera. Either way Kurt doesn't trust him and l bet you that drone is bugged.

I totally forgot about the drone!!! Yes, this makes a lot of sense. He is familiar with spy tech, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume the drone is bugged somehow.

lets just say being a podcaster doesn't mean becoming a detective. besides, being a podcaster are only there for a scoop, not because they wanted to know the truth. and it shows during the convention where she went to a spa rather than spend her time listening to Batista. also, it holds the truth that most podcasters are not that sharp at all. just look at Giuliani arguing with someone regarding ferrets.

Harrison is under the influence, so I dunno what you are trying to justify him being in a sound state.

as far as the code goes, Dexter hasn't killed anyone in more than ten years, so why would the code still applies. as you mentioned, Deb pretty much took over Dexter's subconscious state and it all makes sense if you would based it on the continuity timeline from the very last episode of S8 of Dexter.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't/wasn't someone onto him after he killed Deb? It's been some time since I've seen the last episode, but I thought someone was onto him, which is why they planned to leave for Argentina in the first place.

I totally forgot about the drone!!! Yes, this makes a lot of sense. He is familiar with spy tech, so it wouldn't be a stretch to assume the drone is bugged somehow.
He didn't kill Deb. I forget how but Dex just blamed himself for her death.

Whoever it was that was on to him in that final season is dead.

It was Deb's boss the private investigator, and the US marshall. I forgot about them, lol. I know Hannah killed the PI with poison. Not sure what happened to the marshall. I think he got killed too. By whom, l don't remember.

Nope. it was that crime novelist that was after Hannah. to avoid complications, they have to disappear, Dexter, Hannah and Harrison. unfortunately, Dexter never made it due to what happened to Deb. and had a realization that anyone close to him dies.

as I was just recently rewatching Season 3 of Dexter, it became clear why Dexter pulled the plug off Debra. Dexter and Debra had a conversation about a family friend that was dying of cancer and if ever something like that ever happens, Debra didn't want that kind of suffering. and, nobody was after Dexter. he faked his death.

He didn't kill Deb. I forget how but Dex just blamed himself for her death.

Whoever it was that was on to him in that final season is dead.
the one that was on him was another serial killer that Dexter killed inside the precinct. Batista and Quinn covered for him.

It was Deb's boss the private investigator, and the US marshall. I forgot about them, lol. I know Hannah killed the PI with poison. Not sure what happened to the marshall. I think he got killed too. By whom, l don't remember.
I think she gave him something to fall asleep. why Argentina? no extraditions and difficult to trace people.

I did a rewatch before I started New Blood lol

The Marshall was killed by Oliver Saxon. Oliver Saxon shoots Deb and escapes. Dexter blames himself because he didn't kill Saxon.

The PI dude last we saw was Hannah sticks him with a needle but I don't think she killed him.

so far, whoever writing these Dexter episodes are doing a great job as always like before. wifey doesn't like watching Dexter because of the premise of glorifying a serial killer but she does found some entertaining values on watching it. maybe because of me.

the one that was on him was another serial killer that Dexter killed inside the precinct. Batista and Quinn covered for him.
I forgot so much about that final season.

Only remember the therapist that allegedly helped Harry make the code and was taking on the mother role to him while Deb was salty. Then she had a patient or her actual son that was serial killer that was just another killer Dex put down.

Back
Top Bottom