did anyone else have these..... IVs

Originally Posted by ijapino

I remember people tried hard to dub these the "Bling IV's"...

I still prefer these over the Pures and Anniversary IV's. They looked so much cleaner in my opinion without the netting...And not to mention the shape was better.

Co-sign. I love all the IVs without the netting. I had a pair of these I traded around '06 for some Mocha IIIs and they looked so much better then the white cats/ annis or whatever they are called.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I loved these when they first dropped. What a lot of you kids don't realize is when these first dropped they were one of the first non OG colors to come out. It was a big deal to us at the time to get a new color of the IV. Now you guys get a new color every month.

I don't know who "US" is, but when these came out, no one around here wanted them at all. They were not a big deal. Same goes for the oreos. The columbias were the only ones that sort of sold.

Around here the "Bling Blings" and the Columbias sold very well, but hundereds of pairs of Oreos wound up at our local Finishline outlet and sat there for about 2 years.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

The bling IVs were actually pretty hard to find when they released.
I had no problems tracking down the black/cement, white/cement, "oreo" and columbias locally in San Diego... the Chromes only showed up at 1 of the 5 Footactions in the county.

Mine are DS and beyond yellow, retrobrite here I come.

Yeah,these were kinda hard to come by when they released. If I remember correctly the "Bling Blings" were one of JBs first QS releases. They werent advertised at all, they just popped up in Niketowns and a few random stores with almost no notice.

Yea i got the pures/silver anniv. I dont get why people hate on em. Its not one of the best but I always loved the IVs period. Whats wrong with a nice clean all white cw

Originally Posted by TheprinceofDE

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

trash jus like the oreo ivs... :/

Whoa ill take oreo's over any iv but the cement
Early. 
pimp.gif

No, I never liked any IV's that don't have the netting, it just looks off to me.

^^ I agree with $*+ haha. But the real leather on these ones are of much better quality than what is out today.

I like em better with the netting but it yellows. These were decent. I remember when they released.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

I loved these when they first dropped. What a lot of you kids don't realize is when these first dropped they were one of the first non OG colors to come out. It was a big deal to us at the time to get a new color of the IV. Now you guys get a new color every month.

I don't know who "US" is, but when these came out, no one around here wanted them at all. They were not a big deal. Same goes for the oreos. The columbias were the only ones that sort of sold.
Thats not saying much because all the III's, VI's, and XI's sat too. I picked up a pair of Columbia XI's on clearance for $60 at Nordstrom's. In the late 90's/turn of the century, No shoe was that big of a deal. Shoe collecting is just different nowadays. Every release is a big deal.

I hated these with a passion when they first came out. It was an abomination in my opinion and could not think why they would mess up the greatest shoe ever to be designed.
But years on and now I love them because they're a unique, impossible to find and most peeps hate them... Plus at the end of the day they are still a IV and if you really are a IV fan your collection will never be complete without them. 

I'm in awe whenever I see peeps rocking these.... 

I liked those IV's when they came out but them things yellowed really ugly. I miss my Black/Cool Grey ones... shouldn't have sold them.

I had the 2000 pair. I think you're right OP about them being exclusive to Footaction. That's where I bought my pair. I loved them. I wasn't feeling the Pures or Anniversary joints.

saw a pair of these on cl for like 65 bucks and it was reposted a few times so i doubt if it even sold at that price.

I wish jordans still came with the same quality. I had 2 pairs that crumbled just sitting in the box.

Back
Top Bottom