Did Blackstar have the chance to Be One of the best groups ever?

First & only album was a CLASSIC! I think if they had stay together they could have been one of the best groups I mean with Hi-Tek on the production you can't really fail. Discuss..

Definitly agree...

Mos
sick.gif

Kweli
sick.gif

Hi Tek production...
sick.gif

Would've been great if they stuck with it.

Musically? Yes.

However, their lack of mainstream appeal would be used a negative by some history revisionists.

Yes that song is just crazy!! Like Man Can it get any better than that?

No.
- Not everything they did together was good.
- To me they didn't have that 'group' feel often enough, just felt more like 'Mos Def ft. Talib...' and vice versa. Of course that doesn't apply for every song
- I love the blackstarr album but as far as Hip-Hop GROUPS, nothing was 'pushing the bar'.

Just my opinion

i still think their 1st album is solid... and i think they were a great group in terms of going against the grain during the time they arrived... aint nobody talking bout what they were talking about during the time their 1st album dropped and i think thats where the group's greatness lies...

just my thoughts

Just because you didn't like them doesn't mean that they wouldn't be great. I don't like Outkast, but I can recognize the greatness that they are.

There is no reason to believe that if BlackStar had released four albums albums between 1998 and 2006 that they wouldn't be one of the greats.

Back
Top Bottom