Did Cameron Nelson and Method Man sell Niketalk

bruh i downloaded that adblockerpro.the site looks almost exactly the same now, but faster, more tron esque

2 admins in the same room.. yes.!  why did i have to create a new account? it wouldnt allow me to sign in with my old unsername/email & password.. i see alot of memebers are still using their yuku username.. why couldnt I..? an answer will be greatly appreciated gentlemen. thank you.

this needs to be answered

Hosting isn't that much per year. I have multiple servers that I could run NT well on and I know for sure with all the money NT has raised it could pay for a few years of hosting...
Now am I saying that the charities and fund raising NT did were wrong and the money wasn't spent wisely? No I am not. I completely respect NT's charities and decisions as far as where the money has gone.
But I know for a FACT that it doesn't cost THAT much to host a message board of this size.
Does it take a lot of effort and work? Hell yeah it does. Does it take a considerable amount of money? Indeed.
But Niketalk isn't as big as some would make it out to be. Our beloved message board isn't any larger than some fanboy gaming forums or anime forums who don't have to rely on corporate sponsors to pay the bills.
They can do it without selling to the man, and so can we...
But one thing I know is that Ad blocker takes care of any problems I have with the annoying ads on here. I just don't want our Admin staff to go missing because I don't trust anyone else with Niketalk. And if they were to go missing, I honestly would stop coming because they are a huge part of the community and a huge reason why I have stayed for so many years despite being banned or anything else. NT is run by good people.
NT is a nice fair sized community with some good guys running it. We don't need some money guzzling company running the show.

Alot of guys don't realize this d like for meth to address this.

dude called Meth the God lol
Id take it back to my Matrix days and call Cam C the Creator and Meth the Oracle.

And hes been laying low the last day or so because he was busting his butt to make this transition happen. Dude needed some sleep. #truth

The ads on the side are pretty annoying, although I guess we can't complain! Just glad that this still exists so I don't have to go on Sneakertalk, my heart sank when I thought that was the only choice. :x

idk how people are saying the ads are annoying.... every other website has them. if you cant block out ads while viewing websites by now, you're doing it wrong. plus i always click the ads just because.

i think you guys are just complaining to complain.

Last edited:
Ninja what are you talking about it's a few Eastbay banners on the side of the screen​

I'm responding to OP's questing in context to what he asked... What are YOU talking about? :rolleyes

I never said we did sell NT to corporate sponsors, but OP specifically asked if we did.

Come on mealy....

No, NikeTalk has NOT been sold.  Yuku's trying to run some sleazy clone by hijacking our old domain name and revoking our access to the old forums, but that's another matter and one that, with your help, will be addressed definitively in the near future.  

NikeTalk has been saved.  Look at what Yuku did the second we left?  They threatened to do exactly that BEFORE we moved.  

Moving was the only option - and not just because practically on this site hated Yuku's seemingly CONSTANT performance struggles and overall obsolescence.  

The entire staff and I are still here and the site is STILL independent.  

NikeTalk's been ad supported for years.  We've NEVER deleted posts simply because somebody has something negative to say about a sponsor.  
Son NT doesn't get money for the mods. Ads have always been part of the site, it helps pay for what you see and use everyday. Anything extra gets donated, this site is non profit and it will always be like that. No ones selling out, you just ignore the same facts that have been around from day one. This isn't the other site.
Thanks for understanding.  
Hosting isn't that much per year. I have multiple servers that I could run NT well on and I know for sure with all the money NT has raised it could pay for a few years of hosting...
Now am I saying that the charities and fund raising NT did were wrong and the money wasn't spent wisely? No I am not. I completely respect NT's charities and decisions as far as where the money has gone.
But I know for a FACT that it doesn't cost THAT much to host a message board of this size.
Does it take a lot of effort and work? Hell yeah it does. Does it take a considerable amount of money? Indeed.
But Niketalk isn't as big as some would make it out to be. Our beloved message board isn't any larger than some fanboy gaming forums or anime forums who don't have to rely on corporate sponsors to pay the bills.
They can do it without selling to the man, and so can we...
But one thing I know is that Ad blocker takes care of any problems I have with the annoying ads on here. 
Here's the problem:  

We're not just paying for hosting.  We're paying for hosting AND service.  

Partnering with a company like Huddler allows us to focus on exactly what we do best:  support and manage the NikeTalk community.  In the time I allocate for NikeTalk each day, would you rather that I spend it here, with you, or talking to sponsors?  Would you rather or team spend time fixing bugs, writing code, installing upgrades, and handling security problems?  I hope not - because most of us aren't trained for that, and our time is better spent helping you on the forums.  

Huddler offers full technical support.  They're handling our ad sales (though, if we're unhappy with a particular ad or campaign, obviously we have a say in the matter.)   They have developers working full time to make the platform better.  Right now, they're building a new mobile version that will work on all popular devices and platforms.  

The "quality of life" they offer comes at a cost.  And we still obviously want to raise money for charity.  

Featured sponsors become necessary precisely because so many users are deploying ad blockers.  If users block our ads, then every page served loses money.  It's like stealing music or software.  If it costs millions of dollars to make  video game and everyone steals it, you'll never see a sequel - or anyone else investing in making a similar game.  When people cheat the system.  When they steal and don't pay - just by allowing a simple image to load on a screen - we all lose.  

And so we have to figure out creative ways to pay the bills without selling out. 

For example, users have been asking us for years to do contests.  You tell me, does it make sense for me to take $200 that could go to a charity like Doctors Without Borders or Room to Read and spending that on a pair of sneakers to give away to people who are already fortunate?  I'm sorry, but I can't do that.  What I can do, though, is have Huddler work with sponsors to provide their products for giveaways. 

The reason Shoe City is a featured sponsor is because one of our fellow members, who's been here for over a decade, knew about our move and wanted to help.  

Although a sponsored contest immediately makes a lot of people nervous about corporate influence, in this case it's as close to a win/win/win as we're likely to get.

Think about it:  you actually GET something out of it, a chance to win a product you really want, NikeTalk receives funding we can use to stay online and give to charity - that's insulated against ad blockers, and obviously Shoe City would get some advertising out of it.  

That will not - and will never - cost us our freedom to express ourselves.  

We want to make sure that all advertising is labeled and transparent.  

The WORST thing that can happen to a forum like ours is for it to be subverted, so that you can never tell whether a user is expressing a genuine opinion or shilling for an employer.  I'd rather give companies you already trust an outlet to promote their businesses honestly than make it so the only way to "crack" NikeTalk is to ruin it via subversion.  (And don't think that it hasn't been attempted before.)  

If we couldn't continue to run NikeTalk independently, we wouldn't run it at all.  

Our goal with this move was to provide the best user experience possible, and I think - as a total package of service AND platform - we felt Huddler was by far our best choice.  

Even now, they've got our backs and are working closely with us to counter Yuku's attempt to hijack niketalk.yuku.com.  I was working on the launch without sleep from Monday morning until about 4 am last night.  Huddler's team has been there every day and often late at night helping us every step of the way.  The technical challenges in moving from Yuku to a new platform are enormous - and no one, to my knowledge, has EVER succeeded in keeping things like account names.  We even created a special script to bring over as many of the charity badges our users earned as possible. 

More work has gone into this move than you guys will ever know.  

That's been TREMENDOUSLY costly.  It would've been infinitely cheaper to abandon all of our data and start fresh on a vbulletin, but our top priority was the user experience - not saving money.  

Yes, it will cost more money to maintain this site.  Frankly, I think you guys are worth it.  

I know nothing comes free, but I guess people just miss the 'old' feel. Nostalgia feel already! lolz

With that said, NT's charitable contributions are very note worthy. I would say, it's been a positive bright spot.

ISS has had a very big make-over, and so have many other sites.

I'm responding to OP's questing in context to what he asked... What are YOU talking about?
eyes.gif

I never said we did sell NT to corporate sponsors, but OP specifically asked if we did.
Come on mealy....
my b dawg i thought you was saying that NT sold out

Mealsy Fault b

I don't even notice the ads on the side.

Probably from all the sexy sites I go to, some of their side ads are bad news so ignoring it is second nature.

I'm responding to OP's questing in context to what he asked... What are YOU talking about?
eyes.gif

Come on mealy....
My b dawg

Meth...what's up with the SN change?

I don't really understand what everyone is complaining about. NT and the rest of the mods/admins pretty much gave us what we've been asking for. 1) leave Yuku and get it of the wizard forever. 2) new features 3)updated look 4)somewhat similar and with the OG feel to the site.

The ads doesn't bother me because I know it helps run and pay for the site. Ads are there for a reason, nothing is free. :tongue:

man can't believe after all this time people still are skeptical of meth.

ya'll should be thankful he even put up with us anymore.

SMH...

I think it's time we reciprocate the loyalty he's shown us after all this time (not to mention the patience he's had with some of us).

He doesn't need to do this, he does this because he cares about this community.

Last edited:
Meth...what's up with the SN change?
I'm not 17 anymore.  Moving finally gave me a chance to tweak the name so that it's more representative of my role here.  

And I was tired of getting PM's about Blackout 3.  
I think it's time we reciprocate the loyalty he's shown us after all this time (not to mention the patience he's had with some of us).
If you're a loyal member of this website, like I am, you'll soon have a chance to show it. 

You see this nonsense they're pulling with the old niketalk.yuku.com address?  They threatened to do that to us this winter.  

Getting NikeTalk off of Yuku was only half the battle.  The other half will be fought by ALL of us. 

I'm sure we'll get into a lot more depth later on - but, for now, don't get your Yuku accounts banned just yet.  We will most certainly have use for them soon.

hey i'd like to actually change my screen name -off topic- i know.

but i've been sick of the sneakerheathen monicker for a while now.

and as far as us doing our part meth, I'm sure NT will come together for you when you need us.

we here.

I'm not 17 anymore.  Moving finally gave me a chance to tweak the name so that it's more representative of my role here.  

And I was tired of getting PM's about Blackout 3.  

If you're a loyal member of this website, like I am, you'll soon have a chance to show it. 

You see this nonsense they're pulling with the old niketalk.yuku.com address?  They threatened to do that to us this winter.  

Getting NikeTalk off of Yuku was only half the battle.  The other half will be fought by ALL of us. 

I'm sure we'll get into a lot more depth later on - but, for now, don't get your Yuku accounts banned just yet.  We will most certainly have use for them soon.

Back
Top Bottom