Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 
   This. No really I agree with THIS.
!*$* is definitely irritating, but it's the internet so I don't really care 
laugh.gif

I need to say something to you Chicago people.

laugh.gif

Yall need to run Jay Cutler out of Chicago, and I mean quick. That dude was never ready for that game, and what I mean by that is, he's not built for the enormity of carrying a team to a super bowl, he is not a leader. He doesn't have the the heart, composure, assuredness, calm, or balls to be put in a pressure situation. You could see on his face, the way he moved in the pocket, and the way he was in the huddle, that he was completely shook. I mean, I have never seen a professional athlete look that shook on the playing field in all my years of watching sports. It was almost kind of shocking to see something like that. Jay Cutler wanted no part of that football game, none. The quarterback cannot be scared out on the playing field, he has to lead, and when they lead, the rest of the team feeds off of that energy. You could see the energy completely change once that third string quarterback came into the game. Why? Because the situation wasn't to big for him. He actually wanted to play, he wanted to perform in that kind of situation, Cutler wanted no part of it.

Now i'm not saying this because i'm one of those people who dislikes Jay Cutler, actually I have nothing against the dude. I'm going off of what I saw that man do on the field. Dude was not ready for that kind of pressure AT ALL and it was obvious to anybody who is a real fan of professional sports.

Did Green Bay hit him good a few times, yeah. Does Green Bay run a confusing defense, yeah. Was Green Bay the better team, yeah. Thats still no excuse for the quarterback to not lead, and look like he is scared to death out on the football field. I mean hell, Aaron Rodgers was getting lit up, but guess what, dude was still out there playing and leading his team.

Soooooooooo, yeah, maybe McDaniels saw that in him while he was in Denver, that's why he got rid of him. Dude did the LeBron on yall, quit because he ain't built for it

I need to say something to you Chicago people.

laugh.gif

Yall need to run Jay Cutler out of Chicago, and I mean quick. That dude was never ready for that game, and what I mean by that is, he's not built for the enormity of carrying a team to a super bowl, he is not a leader. He doesn't have the the heart, composure, assuredness, calm, or balls to be put in a pressure situation. You could see on his face, the way he moved in the pocket, and the way he was in the huddle, that he was completely shook. I mean, I have never seen a professional athlete look that shook on the playing field in all my years of watching sports. It was almost kind of shocking to see something like that. Jay Cutler wanted no part of that football game, none. The quarterback cannot be scared out on the playing field, he has to lead, and when they lead, the rest of the team feeds off of that energy. You could see the energy completely change once that third string quarterback came into the game. Why? Because the situation wasn't to big for him. He actually wanted to play, he wanted to perform in that kind of situation, Cutler wanted no part of it.

Now i'm not saying this because i'm one of those people who dislikes Jay Cutler, actually I have nothing against the dude. I'm going off of what I saw that man do on the field. Dude was not ready for that kind of pressure AT ALL and it was obvious to anybody who is a real fan of professional sports.

Did Green Bay hit him good a few times, yeah. Does Green Bay run a confusing defense, yeah. Was Green Bay the better team, yeah. Thats still no excuse for the quarterback to not lead, and look like he is scared to death out on the football field. I mean hell, Aaron Rodgers was getting lit up, but guess what, dude was still out there playing and leading his team.

Soooooooooo, yeah, maybe McDaniels saw that in him while he was in Denver, that's why he got rid of him. Dude did the LeBron on yall, quit because he ain't built for it

Who cares...the game is over. You non Bears fans need to move on, I know I have.

Who cares...the game is over. You non Bears fans need to move on, I know I have.

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 

just saw this. shots fired at ... me?
laugh.gif

nah i dont think so.  ive been responding and i asked a question a lot of the posters here bullet time dodged.

or was cct coming at my (not specifically, but as part of a collective) head?

just saw this. shots fired at ... me?
laugh.gif

nah i dont think so.  ive been responding and i asked a question a lot of the posters here bullet time dodged.

or was cct coming at my (not specifically, but as part of a collective) head?

I was listening to Slate's Hang Up and Listen Sports Podcast earlier; Stefan Fatsis is one of the main contributors. For a book, he spent a training camp with the Broncos a few years back, "trying" to become a 43 year old placekicker. Fatsis said that Cutler (while on the Broncos) lied to the training staff about having a concussion and went back into a REGULAR season game.
(On last week's podcast, Fatsis talked about his disdain for Cutler as a person so there really is no reason for him to fabricate this story. )
sircharles2ol3 wrote:
Lol @ MJD back tracking his comments to claim he was simply dumping on FLA fans.

30t6p3b.gif

Twitter will DEFINITELY end some athlete's sponsorship deal. Bet on it. Maybe it's already happened. 

"[These guys tweeting] like it's just you and me"- Kanye 

One last edit:

Slate's NFL roundtable articles this week are decidedly Cutler-centric. 3 of the 4 touch on Cutler. The last one is by a former Bronco (not Fatsis) and is the best one to me, especially the last paragraph. 

http://www.slate.com/id/2280442/entry/2282165/ (the first one)

http://www.slate.com/id/2280442/entry/2282341/ (the one by the former Bronco)

"And this is what pisses people off about him. He is in the position, as a star NFL quarterback, to be one of the good ol' boys. This is the most elite club in professional sports, and Jay has a key to the VIP room. But he has no interest in using it, and that's why former players, especially former quarterbacks, criticize him whenever they get the chance. He doesn't say what they would say and he doesn't do what they would do. And this criticism spills into the minds of fans who look to these analysts for guidance. On Sunday, it would have been just fine with everyone if he had dragged himself off the field, then pleaded with Bears coach Lovie Smith to let him back in the game, like all the other good 'ol boys would have done. But he ain't a good 'ol boy. The sooner Bears fans realize this, the better off they'll be."

I was listening to Slate's Hang Up and Listen Sports Podcast earlier; Stefan Fatsis is one of the main contributors. For a book, he spent a training camp with the Broncos a few years back, "trying" to become a 43 year old placekicker. Fatsis said that Cutler (while on the Broncos) lied to the training staff about having a concussion and went back into a REGULAR season game.
(On last week's podcast, Fatsis talked about his disdain for Cutler as a person so there really is no reason for him to fabricate this story. )
sircharles2ol3 wrote:
Lol @ MJD back tracking his comments to claim he was simply dumping on FLA fans.

30t6p3b.gif

Twitter will DEFINITELY end some athlete's sponsorship deal. Bet on it. Maybe it's already happened. 

"[These guys tweeting] like it's just you and me"- Kanye 

One last edit:

Slate's NFL roundtable articles this week are decidedly Cutler-centric. 3 of the 4 touch on Cutler. The last one is by a former Bronco (not Fatsis) and is the best one to me, especially the last paragraph. 

http://www.slate.com/id/2280442/entry/2282165/ (the first one)

http://www.slate.com/id/2280442/entry/2282341/ (the one by the former Bronco)

"And this is what pisses people off about him. He is in the position, as a star NFL quarterback, to be one of the good ol' boys. This is the most elite club in professional sports, and Jay has a key to the VIP room. But he has no interest in using it, and that's why former players, especially former quarterbacks, criticize him whenever they get the chance. He doesn't say what they would say and he doesn't do what they would do. And this criticism spills into the minds of fans who look to these analysts for guidance. On Sunday, it would have been just fine with everyone if he had dragged himself off the field, then pleaded with Bears coach Lovie Smith to let him back in the game, like all the other good 'ol boys would have done. But he ain't a good 'ol boy. The sooner Bears fans realize this, the better off they'll be."

ill say this, there's a ton of things you can #@%# on cutler for being that are negative and you'd have a legit argument.

but he didn't quit in that game or quit on his team yesterday.

from what i've been reading it seemed like cutler was legitametly bothered and hurt by all that quitter talk amongst his peers. with a guy like cutler, he could be great if he really wanted to be and put the necessary time in to improve. maybe everything from yesterday lights a spark in him and he improves his work ethic and the things that are bad about him next year

ill say this, there's a ton of things you can #@%# on cutler for being that are negative and you'd have a legit argument.

but he didn't quit in that game or quit on his team yesterday.

from what i've been reading it seemed like cutler was legitametly bothered and hurt by all that quitter talk amongst his peers. with a guy like cutler, he could be great if he really wanted to be and put the necessary time in to improve. maybe everything from yesterday lights a spark in him and he improves his work ethic and the things that are bad about him next year

http://sportsillustrated....ler/index.html?eref=sihp

Pretty much sums up this whole situation.

Even if they had made it to the Super Bowl,He still wouldn't have been able to play.

All this talk about trying to play with an injury is absurd,why risk your long term health? The culture in football is stuck in the past,all this overtly macho mentality is for some reason prevailing over common sense. I laugh when players talk about football like it's a war. War is fighting for a cause and something bigger than yourself,football on the other hand is just a game played for entertainment purposes. You shouldn't risk your long term health for that.

30t6p3b.gif
@ all the hate that he's getting even though he was really injured. Sad to see the mentality in football hasn't changed from how it was 80 yrs ago. None of these dudes have common sense.

Nice to see his teammates having his back though
pimp.gif

http://sportsillustrated....ler/index.html?eref=sihp

Pretty much sums up this whole situation.

Even if they had made it to the Super Bowl,He still wouldn't have been able to play.

All this talk about trying to play with an injury is absurd,why risk your long term health? The culture in football is stuck in the past,all this overtly macho mentality is for some reason prevailing over common sense. I laugh when players talk about football like it's a war. War is fighting for a cause and something bigger than yourself,football on the other hand is just a game played for entertainment purposes. You shouldn't risk your long term health for that.

30t6p3b.gif
@ all the hate that he's getting even though he was really injured. Sad to see the mentality in football hasn't changed from how it was 80 yrs ago. None of these dudes have common sense.

Nice to see his teammates having his back though
pimp.gif

How long until this blows over in chicago? Will the fans support him long term? Will he be cheered next time he takes the field?

How long until this blows over in chicago? Will the fans support him long term? Will he be cheered next time he takes the field?

Back
Top Bottom