Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Cutler must have smoked trees with some of yall girls
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Deion was sticking by his stance. He was on the Lavar Arrington show this afternoon and was still killing the guy.

Like I said before...the injury is a sidebar to the immense amount of hate people in general have towards Jay Cutler. He's not well-liked, perceived as a douche, and seems to have little-to-no respect amongst his peers. You put all that together and ANY hiccup he has on the field starts the snowball effect where it becomes really easy to pile on him.

Deion was sticking by his stance. He was on the Lavar Arrington show this afternoon and was still killing the guy.

Like I said before...the injury is a sidebar to the immense amount of hate people in general have towards Jay Cutler. He's not well-liked, perceived as a douche, and seems to have little-to-no respect amongst his peers. You put all that together and ANY hiccup he has on the field starts the snowball effect where it becomes really easy to pile on him.

I can't believe people still defend Jay Cutler. At some point let's call it like it is. His play on the field is well-known by all, he's a "gunslinger" that throws a lot of picks as a result. I will say again that the Bears will never win a Super Bowl with him as their starting QB. But let's shift away from that aspect to the actual injury. His reputation around the league is well-documented by the harsh initial reaction to the knee injury from his PEERS. I hate to destroy your egos, fellas, but other NFL players around the league and well-respected professional analysts usually know better than us. We don't get to personally see or talk to Cutler one-on-one on the football field or in the locker room. MJD has since corrected his stance by admitting he judged Cutler's injury too soon without knowing the full details. I've reiterated in my last post about this matter that we were all quick to judge the extent of Cutler's knee injury without knowing the full details much like MJD. So let's take that out of the question because we all know today Cutler suffered a Grade 3 MCL sprain which is a full tear according to the information provided in this thread. The first thing to seriously consider that is perfectly reasonable is whether he could have played through the injury. Cut the BS about the trainers and medical clearance, we all know that a player that TRULY wants to be on the football field will do so at any cost. Big Ben, Rivers, and Steve Young were three prime examples of this. I will admit that only Jay Cutler will know the personal pain or severity of the injury in that given moment and perhaps he weighed the risk of hurting the Chicago Bears ultimately. Do we have a right to question his toughness in that moment? Absolutely, because it's completely possible that he has a lower threshold for pain than the likes of other franchise QBs around the league. We won't know for sure if Ben would play through a Grade 3 MCL sprain but we do know that he would do anything to lead and quarterback the Steelers at any cost, injury or not (nose, foot). Also reference Ditka's comments. 
For those disregarding body language, please think again. You are severely underestimating the actual significance of body language, often it is subconscious and a true indicator of how we feel telling others more than words out of our mouths. As someone mentioned, a franchise QB needs to be a leader. It's okay to defer to Urlacher or Kreutz at times but this is the NFC Championship we're talking about against your hated division rivals. Where was the intensity or excitement? The evidence is there if you choose to see it, Jay Cutler plays with no visible passion even on the biggest stage in the playoffs. The most reaction I saw out of him was putting his head down in his hands after overthrowing Hester (a negative reaction at that). 

KLJ, I'm not even a Cutler hater but you are extremely blinded by personal sentiment and I should have known from previous Cutler threads. You searched for anything to disprove my notion that Cutler didn't assist Collins or Hanie so you found a picture that says what? If you wanted to defend your boy the Hanie article that SOMEONE ELSE posted would have helped greatly. Nice try though. And you argue another point by calling it "an easy answer." No, in fact it's the truth if you choose to see it. Lovie Smith, Urlacher, and Kreutz WOULD NEVER publicly question Cutler's injury even if they felt so privately. Chris Harris personally played through a hip injury, but still would not call out the franchise QB. Any well-run organization understands PR and throwing your franchise QB under the bus is not beneficial in any way unless you've decided to part ways with that player. I sure would like to see what the Bears players say about this couple years down the line in hindsight when the truth usually comes out and Cutler isn't their teammate anymore. It's called political correctness, my dude.  

Nako, I've posted several examples regarding Cutler's lack of mental toughness and lack of leadership (care) throughout this thread. Go back and re-read if you missed it. Mental toughness: He imploded mentally against San Francisco last year and threw away the game with costly turnovers (INTs). Lack of leadership: Aloof, distant personality. Football is a team sport driven by significant leaders (Ray Lewis for example). He defers to Urlacher and Kreutz because he lacks leadership ability/quality. That is problematic for a franchise QB, even so when he was with Denver. Poor body language: Unless you have VIP access to the NFL, we as fans judge everything based on what WE SEE firsthand. There's nothing wrong with football fans believing Cutler was mentally unavailable based on Fox's coverage and watching the entire game. And no one said his facial expressions impact his playing ability, but it sure influences his teammates and their ultimate goal to win a Super Bowl negatively. His will to win? Even prior to the injury, you can't honestly tell me that boy was hungry or there was passion in his eyes given the unique playoff circumstances (NFC Championship against Green Bay). No change from any regular season game, that is also problematic. Great players elevate every aspect of their game INCLUDING MENTAL the deeper your team advances in the playoffs. That's the difference between players like Cutler/Greg Oden and Big Ben/Kobe. I reference Oden because he's another player questioned for heart, toughness, and love for the game. How bad does Cutler really want it? All I've seen is when the going gets tough, he unfortunately implodes based on his ENTIRE NFL career. 

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 

Gunna, one thing I wanna point out about your toughness/taking sacks post (referencing David Carr). There's no argument that he takes a lot of sacks behind Chicago's porous offensive line but in terms of mental makeup, his decision-making is still questionable and he has certain bad habits like throwing off his back foot that haven't been corrected and to me that's completely on Jay Cutler. Mike Martz was handpicked to help his growth and Forte, Knox, Hester, Olsen, and Bennett are adequate weapons. 

This is directed at everyone in general, please try to refute the Whitlock article. 

I can't believe people still defend Jay Cutler. At some point let's call it like it is. His play on the field is well-known by all, he's a "gunslinger" that throws a lot of picks as a result. I will say again that the Bears will never win a Super Bowl with him as their starting QB. But let's shift away from that aspect to the actual injury. His reputation around the league is well-documented by the harsh initial reaction to the knee injury from his PEERS. I hate to destroy your egos, fellas, but other NFL players around the league and well-respected professional analysts usually know better than us. We don't get to personally see or talk to Cutler one-on-one on the football field or in the locker room. MJD has since corrected his stance by admitting he judged Cutler's injury too soon without knowing the full details. I've reiterated in my last post about this matter that we were all quick to judge the extent of Cutler's knee injury without knowing the full details much like MJD. So let's take that out of the question because we all know today Cutler suffered a Grade 3 MCL sprain which is a full tear according to the information provided in this thread. The first thing to seriously consider that is perfectly reasonable is whether he could have played through the injury. Cut the BS about the trainers and medical clearance, we all know that a player that TRULY wants to be on the football field will do so at any cost. Big Ben, Rivers, and Steve Young were three prime examples of this. I will admit that only Jay Cutler will know the personal pain or severity of the injury in that given moment and perhaps he weighed the risk of hurting the Chicago Bears ultimately. Do we have a right to question his toughness in that moment? Absolutely, because it's completely possible that he has a lower threshold for pain than the likes of other franchise QBs around the league. We won't know for sure if Ben would play through a Grade 3 MCL sprain but we do know that he would do anything to lead and quarterback the Steelers at any cost, injury or not (nose, foot). Also reference Ditka's comments. 
For those disregarding body language, please think again. You are severely underestimating the actual significance of body language, often it is subconscious and a true indicator of how we feel telling others more than words out of our mouths. As someone mentioned, a franchise QB needs to be a leader. It's okay to defer to Urlacher or Kreutz at times but this is the NFC Championship we're talking about against your hated division rivals. Where was the intensity or excitement? The evidence is there if you choose to see it, Jay Cutler plays with no visible passion even on the biggest stage in the playoffs. The most reaction I saw out of him was putting his head down in his hands after overthrowing Hester (a negative reaction at that). 

KLJ, I'm not even a Cutler hater but you are extremely blinded by personal sentiment and I should have known from previous Cutler threads. You searched for anything to disprove my notion that Cutler didn't assist Collins or Hanie so you found a picture that says what? If you wanted to defend your boy the Hanie article that SOMEONE ELSE posted would have helped greatly. Nice try though. And you argue another point by calling it "an easy answer." No, in fact it's the truth if you choose to see it. Lovie Smith, Urlacher, and Kreutz WOULD NEVER publicly question Cutler's injury even if they felt so privately. Chris Harris personally played through a hip injury, but still would not call out the franchise QB. Any well-run organization understands PR and throwing your franchise QB under the bus is not beneficial in any way unless you've decided to part ways with that player. I sure would like to see what the Bears players say about this couple years down the line in hindsight when the truth usually comes out and Cutler isn't their teammate anymore. It's called political correctness, my dude.  

Nako, I've posted several examples regarding Cutler's lack of mental toughness and lack of leadership (care) throughout this thread. Go back and re-read if you missed it. Mental toughness: He imploded mentally against San Francisco last year and threw away the game with costly turnovers (INTs). Lack of leadership: Aloof, distant personality. Football is a team sport driven by significant leaders (Ray Lewis for example). He defers to Urlacher and Kreutz because he lacks leadership ability/quality. That is problematic for a franchise QB, even so when he was with Denver. Poor body language: Unless you have VIP access to the NFL, we as fans judge everything based on what WE SEE firsthand. There's nothing wrong with football fans believing Cutler was mentally unavailable based on Fox's coverage and watching the entire game. And no one said his facial expressions impact his playing ability, but it sure influences his teammates and their ultimate goal to win a Super Bowl negatively. His will to win? Even prior to the injury, you can't honestly tell me that boy was hungry or there was passion in his eyes given the unique playoff circumstances (NFC Championship against Green Bay). No change from any regular season game, that is also problematic. Great players elevate every aspect of their game INCLUDING MENTAL the deeper your team advances in the playoffs. That's the difference between players like Cutler/Greg Oden and Big Ben/Kobe. I reference Oden because he's another player questioned for heart, toughness, and love for the game. How bad does Cutler really want it? All I've seen is when the going gets tough, he unfortunately implodes based on his ENTIRE NFL career. 

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 

Gunna, one thing I wanna point out about your toughness/taking sacks post (referencing David Carr). There's no argument that he takes a lot of sacks behind Chicago's porous offensive line but in terms of mental makeup, his decision-making is still questionable and he has certain bad habits like throwing off his back foot that haven't been corrected and to me that's completely on Jay Cutler. Mike Martz was handpicked to help his growth and Forte, Knox, Hester, Olsen, and Bennett are adequate weapons. 

This is directed at everyone in general, please try to refute the Whitlock article. 

I wrote this whole essay on why I said Perception = Reality, but Yuku blew me up. Basically, I've learned in life, peoples perception's of what actually is true overrides the actual truth. If you're convicted in the court of public opinion, your guilt/innocence doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. You can sit back and say you don't care what people think, but then you have to deal with the consequences (i.e. criticism from your peers). Jay's behavior yesterday led many people to believe he's charmin, it really don't matter what he actually is, at least until he proves otherwise.

I'm not questioning his injury at all. I'm sure he was hurt, but my opinion is irrelevant in the equation.

I wrote this whole essay on why I said Perception = Reality, but Yuku blew me up. Basically, I've learned in life, peoples perception's of what actually is true overrides the actual truth. If you're convicted in the court of public opinion, your guilt/innocence doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. You can sit back and say you don't care what people think, but then you have to deal with the consequences (i.e. criticism from your peers). Jay's behavior yesterday led many people to believe he's charmin, it really don't matter what he actually is, at least until he proves otherwise.

I'm not questioning his injury at all. I'm sure he was hurt, but my opinion is irrelevant in the equation.

Back
Top Bottom