Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

Im talking about the 90s specifically. When Jordan start winning rings. Lakers were out of their prime and on the decline after 88. Piston was done. Boston was done. Only the Bulls were the emerging team in the East at that time. The West was mighty weak. All the dominant franchises in the 80s were basically on the way out. Im not sure if Jordan can win 6 rings had he play against a prime 80s Lakers, mid 80s Piston and 80s Boston. And im not sure if Jordan can even win against today elite teams or the dominant teams of the 2000s like Spurs, Lakers etc.  

Im talking about the 90s specifically. When Jordan start winning rings. Lakers were out of their prime and on the decline after 88. Piston was done. Boston was done. Only the Bulls were the emerging team in the East at that time. The West was mighty weak. All the dominant franchises in the 80s were basically on the way out. Im not sure if Jordan can win 6 rings had he play against a prime 80s Lakers, mid 80s Piston and 80s Boston. And im not sure if Jordan can even win against today elite teams or the dominant teams of the 2000s like Spurs, Lakers etc.  

pg2_g_pippen_sy_576.jpg

Today's era with the lack of big men is the most watered down era since 1980.

Every time I look at the list of today's centers, I shake my head. The best center is great, but nothing compared to the best centers of the 90s and 80s.. But the real shock comes when is when you look at whoever the second best center is.

Every time I look at the list of today's centers, I shake my head. The best center is great, but nothing compared to the best centers of the 90s and 80s.. But the real shock comes when is when you look at whoever the second best center is.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

We're not talking about the center position. Im talking about teams overall. You can say the same thing about the guard of today vs guard of the 90s. Today guards are way better

We're not talking about the center position. Im talking about teams overall. You can say the same thing about the guard of today vs guard of the 90s. Today guards are way better

Yes. Kobe did not. Kobe has played in the greatest era of basketball evar. Therefore, Kobe > Jordan.

Amiright?

Yes. Kobe did not. Kobe has played in the greatest era of basketball evar. Therefore, Kobe > Jordan.

Amiright?

And another example of how Jordan had the luxury of roaming around free because other than the big men. The guards were inferior and present no competition to Jordan

And another example of how Jordan had the luxury of roaming around free because other than the big men. The guards were inferior and present no competition to Jordan

Originally Posted by Proshares

Amiright?
Lol don't bring Kobe in here. It won't end well like we all know. Why can't we just discuss about Jordan played in a watered down 90s era

Back
Top Bottom