did not know the power of the griffeys

Originally Posted by MiAs23

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

wait, so you bought a pair of shoes you didnt really like?
But now your hyped on them cuz people been giving you good looks?

you shouldnt care so much what other people think is trendy
the same thing my dude said..he brought them becuz of the hype..

no no no... i think yall mis interpreted what i said... when i said i wasn't too happy, i meant that i thought it was another pair of shoes... i only getgiddy about shoes that i have been waiting for... shoes that have some anticipation or somethin that i wait on... wit these, i just seen them and thought theywere nice... then when i walked in the store, they happened to have my size so i copped them... i didnt walk in wit them in mind to buy... that's why isaid i wasnt too happy...

not negatively.... it was just another shoe to me...

lysolflow wrote:
MiAs23 wrote:
Zephyr1983 wrote:
wait, so you bought a pair of shoes you didnt really like?
But now your hyped on them cuz people been giving you good looks?

you shouldnt care so much what other people think is trendy

the same thing my dude said..he brought them becuz of the hype..

no no no... i think yall mis interpreted what i said... when i said i wasn't too happy, i meant that i thought it was another pair of shoes... i only get giddy about shoes that i have been waiting for... shoes that have some anticipation or somethin that i wait on... wit these, i just seen them and thought they were nice... then when i walked in the store, they happened to have my size so i copped them... i didnt walk in wit them in mind to buy... that's why i said i wasnt too happy...

not negatively.... it was just another shoe to me...

ok
young Padawa
Now go watch the top 10 greatest defensive plays by the "Kidd"
break down his swing.
and your pilgrimage will be complete to the holy land of Griffey

Originally Posted by egaroc1

ok
young Padawa
Now go watch the top 10 greatest defensive plays by the "Kidd"
break down his swing.
and your pilgrimage will be complete to the holy land of Griffey
i scoped it... and Griffey was pretty nice on that diamond... he had range for days.... and i hope he did it clean... lol... but i'm acollegiate hooper now... my baseball days ended when i was 12...

i had the same discovery wit penny hardaway... he got it in when i was younger, and i'm just comin up on it...

I copped the Griffeys because I always wanted them when I was 11, but I was too caught up on copping Penny's and Jordans. Now I have enough cheese to getthem all...

good story. definetly a misinterpretation on my part.. thats how I got into cross trainers.. found a cheap new retro pair online. liked what I saw. had no ideathere was a bigger picture behind it. its just the beginning learning about something like this.. enjoy the ride lysolflow

whether it's hype beast or not these shoes are hot. kids only 19 and he got into shoes when he was 17. There wasnt much goin on 2 years ago, and cats thatage generally are hype beasts. even people my age (22) are considered hype beasts due to the fact that theyve been into shoes for such n such amounts of time.Me on the other hand, i been into kicks my whole life. Not collecting, but definitely remembering and reminiscing what was hot back when I was inmiddle/elementary school. I remember the flight 96s, the jason kidds, the pennys, the griffeys, the SHAQNOSIS, the grant hill Filas, the pippens, the jordans,the paytons, the rodmans, man the list goes on and ON. his knowledge on this game is barely scratching the surface. anyway i passed on these when i was nineyears old (FOR SOME SHAQNOSIS), and i've wanted a pair ever since. I've been about basketball shoes my whole life, and I still am. I own 15 pairs ofbasketball kicks maybe some SBs cuz of their colorways...and now 1 pair of griffeys
smile.gif
Ken Griffey Jr. is the man. I truly hope he wins a world series one day.

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

whether it's hype beast or not these shoes are hot. kids only 19 and he got into shoes when he was 17. There wasnt much goin on 2 years ago, and cats that age generally are hype beasts. even people my age (22) are considered hype beasts due to the fact that theyve been into shoes for such n such amounts of time. Me on the other hand, i been into kicks my whole life. Not collecting, but definitely remembering and reminiscing what was hot back when I was in middle/elementary school. I remember the flight 96s, the jason kidds, the pennys, the griffeys, the SHAQNOSIS, the grant hill Filas, the pippens, the jordans, the paytons, the rodmans, man the list goes on and ON. his knowledge on this game is barely scratching the surface. anyway i passed on these when i was nine years old (FOR SOME SHAQNOSIS), and i've wanted a pair ever since. I've been about basketball shoes my whole life, and I still am. I own 15 pairs of basketball kicks maybe some SBs cuz of their colorways...and now 1 pair of griffeys
smile.gif
Man I remember being in elementary/middle school and remembering when those shoes were dropping as well, but I knew I had no chance of gettingsome $175+ kicks at the age of 12....lol. I think that's why I have buying them all now. I can get all the shoes that I saw growing up that I couldn'tget due to age/price. Jordans have been around so long and been retroed that most kids know about those, but as far the Kidds, Penny, Griffs, Rodmans,Barkleys....they don't quite understand. I have some shoes that I just won't get rid of due to what they are and what they meant to me.

Originally Posted by WrightOne86

Originally Posted by GeRAWRd

whether it's hype beast or not these shoes are hot. kids only 19 and he got into shoes when he was 17. There wasnt much goin on 2 years ago, and cats that age generally are hype beasts. even people my age (22) are considered hype beasts due to the fact that theyve been into shoes for such n such amounts of time. Me on the other hand, i been into kicks my whole life. Not collecting, but definitely remembering and reminiscing what was hot back when I was in middle/elementary school. I remember the flight 96s, the jason kidds, the pennys, the griffeys, the SHAQNOSIS, the grant hill Filas, the pippens, the jordans, the paytons, the rodmans, man the list goes on and ON. his knowledge on this game is barely scratching the surface. anyway i passed on these when i was nine years old (FOR SOME SHAQNOSIS), and i've wanted a pair ever since. I've been about basketball shoes my whole life, and I still am. I own 15 pairs of basketball kicks maybe some SBs cuz of their colorways...and now 1 pair of griffeys
smile.gif
Man I remember being in elementary/middle school and remembering when those shoes were dropping as well, but I knew I had no chance of getting some $175+ kicks at the age of 12....lol. I think that's why I have buying them all now. I can get all the shoes that I saw growing up that I couldn't get due to age/price. Jordans have been around so long and been retroed that most kids know about those, but as far the Kidds, Penny, Griffs, Rodmans, Barkleys....they don't quite understand. I have some shoes that I just won't get rid of due to what they are and what they meant to me.

We're on the same page my friend. It's like we're trying to buy our childhoods back LOL

i feel it but did you buy these just because of the hype? now that you got them there is hype around them from non-sneaker heads? i grew up in seattle andwatched griffey do his thing out here. When i heard the shoes were coming out i damn near pooped myself. these shoes are a hot commodity. and everybody needs apair!

Originally Posted by PiNoypi

yeah it sounds like you bought them because of the hype... Why would u buy a shoe and not be happy with them? And then, when ppl started to give u props u started liking them. Sounds a little hypebeast
*Fixed
grin.gif

found a size 10. im a 9-9.5 thinking i should have copped. if i didn't like how they fit me i could have sold them. o well.

alot of these sneakers my older brothers gotta tell me the stories about em because i was too young back then...

its good your learning the context behind the shoe.

Originally Posted by playaproved

I copped the Griffeys because I always wanted them when I was 11, but I was too caught up on copping Penny's and Jordans. Now I have enough cheese to get them all...

damn i wish madukes was buying me pennys and jordans when i was 11...

MANNN I CANNOT FIND THE AIR MAX GRIFFEYS ANYWHERE..THEY ARE SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE...SMFH..SUMBODY PLEASE HELP ME

Originally Posted by jefffort5

MANNN I CANNOT FIND THE AIR MAX GRIFFEYS ANYWHERE..THEY ARE SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE...SMFH..SUMBODY PLEASE HELP ME

You can go to footlocker and have them stock locate the shoe for you. Shipping is free and they'll send it to your house. If you need some help, holla atme.

I believe it depends on whether or not you, the consumer, likes the product they purchased or not, forget everybody else. From what you said it seems that youhonestly didn't sweat them as hard until others took notice. I too, as well as many others have purchased shoes because of so much hype that you feelstupid if you didn't buy the product. As you get older, you won't give a rat's %%% about hype as much as you do now, well as far as sneakers areconcerned anyway. I personally didn't like the Griffs when they first came out, and actually tried on a pair recently due to the hype, and after feelinguncomfortable on the toe area I decided to pass. I'm not hating, I just didn't like them. If you like them, then more power to you, and enjoy yourpurchase because in the end it should just matter what you think about them anyway.

Originally Posted by Clutchman24

Wait til them blue/yellow ones drop. People are going to be flying into the hospitals with broken necks. Shoot, I went to spring training and was offered $170 to take em off my feet twice at the mariners stadium. People love griffey and his shoes

Ducktales

Mariners spring training has been in AZ since 77 Tempe til' 92 Peoria 93-present

Originally Posted by BC2310

Originally Posted by Clutchman24

Wait til them blue/yellow ones drop. People are going to be flying into the hospitals with broken necks. Shoot, I went to spring training and was offered $170 to take em off my feet twice at the mariners stadium. People love griffey and his shoes

Ducktales

Mariners spring training has been in AZ since 77 Tempe til' 92 Peoria 93-present

laugh.gif
dang dude youre totally blastin him. maybe he meant preseason? isthere such a thing lol

^ yea maybe i was harsh and dude meant Mariner Stadium in Arizona
grin.gif
whatever that means

I'm from WA state so as soon as i read spring training at mariners stadium I was
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by BC2310

^ yea maybe i was harsh and dude meant Mariner Stadium in Arizona
grin.gif
whatever that means

I'm from WA state so as soon as i read spring training at mariners stadium I was
indifferent.gif

haha. Mariners Stadium, Quest Field... same thing, right?

: P

Back
Top Bottom