Did People Forget The Meaning Of OG!!!!!!

In My Opinion, It's Way More Annoying When People Capitalize The Letter Of Every Single Word Than When People Don't Know What OG Means.

Feel Me Bro?

most of the OG shoes we wont see cause they all came out either before our time in the mid to late 80s (in my case), or in the early 90s and a few came out in the early 00s.

We all know ...well most of us know..its a selling play for the idiots out there to move new kicks

i show no love or respect to anybody who thinks buying shoes is being in the shoe game. once i read that your opinion becomes invalid.

that includes you

Last edited:
People have totally forgotten the meaning. When I think of OG, I always think of the original releases of Air Jordans I-XIV, the ones MJ played in. Now when people say it, they are either referring to original colorways, or whatever the previous retro release was (i.e. 2001 Concords). Rookies...

Reading your post OP just gave me a headache.
They are dumb*&%#!. What they know is all of AJ signature shoes are OG's since they were used and endorsed personally by MJ.And they don't know the dates of production since they only know the new releases.So as long as a certain AJ shoe will get retroed,they'll classify the previous releases as OGs. :smh:
Not to mention other LE's such as PEs,packages and so on. So I say no to ISS.

He capitalized every first letter of each word.

I love when someone says, "yea these are OG RETRO'S."

Last edited:
There's all sorts of things happening wrong these days. When OG is used, for us that REALLY know the shoe game typically associate that with year released. I.E O.G concords 1995 etc. Another thing that seems way more messed up these days are how freely DS, VVVVNDS, NDS are used. Before it was rated much better with the older shoe heads vs now where everyone can say VVVVVVNDS and the shoe looks beat to hell. Game has changed and we just gotta ignore all the ignorant people who have jumped or hopped on the bandwagon and just keep it moving.

ocean grown? :smile:

but seriously, the term has been bastardized across so many segments of society, just a hype-y buzz word these days it seems

Ignorance is no excuse for anything, og colorway is one thing and og shoe means a whole nother thing, lol nother, its not that big of a deal but its annoying dealing with idiots that are on government assistance and foodstamps and dropped out of school in 9th grade trying to communicate. its like watching deevolution at its finest, we literally are becoming just like the movie "Idiocracy" where the dumb people have an abundance of children and the smart ones dont want them in this world so we become overpopulated with stupid people. anyways... till the next episode

gotta love that instagram

ITS NOT ANY1 FAULT, BUT DA YOUNG ONE COMING INTO A CULTURE THEY "THINK" THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT, BUT ONLY GET SKOOL'D BUT VET'Z AND IT F***Z W/ OUR HEAD BC THEY THINK WHEN GOT A COUPLE PAIR OF SNEAKER AND NOW YOU KNOW THE GAME... NOT KNOW A ERA, BRAND OR MAYBE A PLAYERS EDITION======= HISTORY BRA!!!!

LOVEDA4CULTURE GONE!!!

ITS NOT ANY1 FAULT, BUT DA YOUNG ONE COMING INTO A CULTURE THEY "THINK" THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT, BUT ONLY GET SKOOL'D BUT VET'Z AND IT F***Z W/ OUR HEAD BC THEY THINK WHEN GOT A COUPLE PAIR OF SNEAKER AND NOW YOU KNOW THE GAME... NOT KNOW A ERA, BRAND OR MAYBE A PLAYERS EDITION======= HISTORY BRA!!!!

LOVEDA4CULTURE GONE!!!

ok............ what?

LOVEDA4CULTURE GONE!!!

?????

LOVEDA4CULTURE GONE!!!
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

PTownPimeroni gone!

gotta love that instagram

WOW...I have some dumb things, but its 'OG" if it has a "retro card" and is a "retro" without the card. Some people can't read between the lines :smh: The sneaker game has a lot of new sneaker heads, there are going to listen to what ever people tell them. I would laugh at a person if they said, "look at these concords, they OG(but they are the 2011 release)". Then I would explain what OG means and hopefully they would learn.

Last edited:
WOW...I have some dumb things, but its 'OG" if it has a "retro card" and is a "retro" without the card. Some people can't read between the lines :smh: The sneaker game has a lot of new sneaker heads, there are going to listen to what ever people tell them. I would laugh at a person if they said, "look at these concords, they OG(but they are the 2011 release)". Then I would explain what OG means and hopefully they would learn.

That chat was hilarious. I don't claim to know everything about sneakers but to me an OG is an original release sneaker and everything else is a retro. I think the sneaker community puts too much emphasis on knowledge or lack of knowledge. Just buy the shoes you like and don't worry about what everyone else is doing.

Back
Top Bottom