Did People Forget The Meaning Of OG!!!!!!

OG means original, means first run and NEVER meant the shoes that jordan wore! if thats the case then there are no such things as jordan 9 OGs except for the cleats, so it seems people need to know the meaning of words

I simply ignore the stupidity that comes out of the beasts these days. I've seen worse things, like people saying "the concord space jams." I look at them with the stone face. The word OG, as far as shoes go, is misused a lot now. You just have to accept the fact that a bunch of people that don't know anything about the sneaker culture are flooding the scene. It's been blowing up like this ever since the space jams. They just want to have "the new J's."

I simply ignore the stupidity that comes out of the beasts these days. I've seen worse things, like people saying "the concord space jams." I look at them with the stone face. The word OG, as far as shoes go, is misused a lot now. You just have to accept the fact that a bunch of people that don't know anything about the sneaker culture are flooding the scene. It's been blowing up like this ever since the space jams. They just want to have "the new J's."

i understand that but it was like that with us, we always wanted the new jays or nikes but this goes way beyond that now. With the lack of knowledge thats going along with shoes now days its pouring into everyday life, people dont know anything! all day i run across idiots

OG means original, means first run and NEVER meant the shoes that jordan wore! if thats the case then there are no such things as jordan 9 OGs except for the cleats, so it seems people need to know the meaning of words
/thread.

In some cases there are special exceptions. IE 2000 Space Jams

I don't get bothered by any of that. I can just defer from context whether they are talking about an OG pair, OG colorway, or first release of a retro. No need to pull teeth out about it.
you it got that right...op is stressing over noobs :smh: .........quit stressing just know that YOU! Know the difference and no one could play you or tell you different ....plain And simple

/thread.
In some cases there are special exceptions. IE 2000 Space Jams

i understand why you would think this way, but they are still 2000 retros. a remake of the original jordan 11, just the first time the space jam colorway was released, still retro though.

you it got that right...op is stressing over noobs :smh: .........quit stressing just know that YOU! Know the difference and no one could play you or tell you different ....plain And simple

until millions of people spread false info and then the false info is adapted so strongly that they won't believe the correct info.
oh wait, its already happening..

how many people herd anyone use the term OG RETRO? i makes since after i thought about it lol. but yea the term OG is starting to be used unnecessarily but thats the way it is..

until millions of people spread false info and then the false info is adapted so strongly that they won't believe the correct info.
oh wait, its already happening..
eh i understand what your saying but ignorance seems to spread faster than the plague And. Its sad but not the first time false info has been accepted as truth......thing is whats done to correct it is what matters making this thread is pointless and will fall on death ears ....he who educates shall have the most influence not he who bickers in the mist of the internet.....get out there and do somthing (be the person to show them a real og and differences between retro+ and retro) or just let them be ....frustation is wasted effort

eh i understand what your saying but ignorance seems to spread faster than the plague And. Its sad but not the first time false info has been accepted as truth......thing is whats done to correct it is what matters making this thread is pointless and will fall on death ears ....he who educates shall have the most influence not he who bickers in the mist of the internet.....get out there and do somthing (be the person to show them a real og and differences between retro+ and retro) or just let them be ....frustation is wasted effort

well said, but still, false is false, truth is truth, so i'll still try and educate anyone that gives out false info, as i would expect anyone else to do the same for me. theres always going to be those that have too much pride to accept information because they feel like if they learned something one way its the only way, but they don't deserve the truth i guess

well said, but still, false is false, truth is truth, so i'll still try and educate anyone that gives out false info, as i would expect anyone else to do the same for me. theres always going to be those that have too much pride to accept information because they feel like if they learned something one way its the only way, but they don't deserve the truth i guess
Exactly aslong as you try you did your part if they refuse to try and comprehend its beyond you at that point :rolleyes

it is what it is...these youngster are a different type sneakerhead breed 
smokin.gif

The Ogs are loosing its value anyways and its bcuz of the retros that are coming out

maybe in your mind. real sneaker collectors are actually willing to pay top dollar for these shoes in pristine condition. and these new shoes hold no real value compared to the shoes that came before them.

We all know ...well most of us know..its a selling play for the idiots out there to move new kicks

Couldn't agree more. I see it all the time being done ebay. Some kid puts up a pair of concord xi's up for bid, and in the description it'll say "here's your chance to cop a pair of original air Jordan concord 11's that came out in 2011." Everything now is og. You'd be surprised to find out how many people think the space jams were an og release.

Last edited:
I put "OG" up there with "concord space jams" "all black concords" and the classic "concourts".

I FULLY know what it is that people are referring to when they throw "OG" around. But i refuse to acknowledge it because its just ******ed. An Original Gangster colorway? And Original Gangster release?

It takes as much energy to say original, as it does to say "OG". And if you're typing, stop being so damn lazy and type ORIGINAL.

OG is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom