diddy getting sued by beautiful cassie vol. freakoff

🤣 @ the cuba gooding jr part

imagine thinking you bout to smash this fine looking model. diddy take you to a room and its cuba gooding jr waiting for you 💀
Screenshot_20240302_011825_Samsung Internet.jpg

This round?!

NT on a subscription!?

Meth gone Meth.

Yeah, shame on me for making the site self-sustaining instead of paying thousands of dollars per month out of pocket in addition to the substantial time commitment.

You want me to pay off your car loan while I'm at it?

Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif

We don't sell your user data, like Facebook, or license your content to train large language models, like reddit.

Discord, which tracks your device’s application use by default, charges people $9.99 per month for animated emotes. Single channel subscriptions to Twitch cost $5 per month.

Our supporter option is far cheaper than that, and, because the take-up rate is far too low to cover the site costs, we donate all the subscription funds we receive to charities like Doctors Without Borders. Elon Musk will not do the same with your Twitter Blue fees, I can assure you, nor have those fees proven sustainable for Twitter, which continues to lose money.

If we were doing this for personal gain, we could've sold the site off to slaughter years ago and retired.

Yeah, shame on me for making the site self-sustaining instead of paying thousands of dollars per month out of pocket in addition to the substantial time commitment.

You want me to pay off your car loan while I'm at it?

Donald-Duck-Daisy-coin-begging.gif

We don't sell your user data, like Facebook, or license your content to train large language models, like reddit.

Discord, which tracks your device’s application use by default, charges people $9.99 per month for animated emotes. Single channel subscriptions to Twitch cost $5 per month.

Our supporter option is far cheaper than that, and, because the take-up rate is far too low to cover the site costs, we donate all the subscription funds we receive to charities like Doctors Without Borders. Elon Musk will not do the same with your Twitter Blue fees, I can assure you, nor have those fees proven sustainable for Twitter, which continues to lose money.

If we were doing this for personal gain, we could've sold the site off to slaughter years ago and retired.
How much are you willing to sell for? 👀

Serious question

How much are you willing to sell for? 👀

Serious question

Nelson has put it best: it would be like selling your house with your family still inside.

Ummmm yes please.

Although I don’t know what my bills have to do with your bills.
"My bills?" That's just it: you're acting like I've invited you all out to dinner and now I have the audacity to request separate checks.

NikeTalk isn't my private home. It's a shared facility, like a community center or a park.
This is like saying, "you should pay to maintain this communal amenity yourself because I don't want to pay any taxes."

If you want to start a Go Fund Me for a supporter account, good luck to you, but there are better destinations for my personal donations.

If I can use the ad-supported version of the site - and I do, for QA purposes - then you can, too, if the cost of the supporter upgrade is more than you feel comfortable with.

I don't know why folks have issues with the minimal things that sustain the site while the Reddit CEO is getting almost $200M for God knows what.
Often, people’s expectations for online services are warped by “free” offerings that are backed by VC investment and operated at a loss.

Reddit, which already runs “sponsored content” and video ads for neckbeard lifestyle accessories under every third post, will soon attempt an IPO get rich quick scheme, at which point it will either implode like Buzzfeed or strap itself in to the perpetual profit treadmill like Nike. Once public, they will be expected to improve profitability each year, through some combination of cost-cutting or revenue increases, or face the wrath of their investors. We know where that path leads.

Everyone has a price. You know that

You will not turn down life changing money to secure your childen's children's children's future
What amount is “life changing” for you? We’ve probably turned that down already.

If, hypothetically, we felt that there was an opportunity that would genuinely leave the community - and not just its founders - better off, we’d consider it, but let’s be realistic here: if someone wants to buy the site, it would be with the intent to eventually profit from that transaction.

While there are some things that could be done to improve the experience here with sufficient resources, anyone coming in with the goal of placing profits first would likely compromise our moderation standards.

In our experience, most profit-oriented platforms would prefer “the false peace that is the absence of tension over the positive peace that is the presence of justice.” They ban the discussion of politics as “divisive.” They categorize “White men” as a protected group, but not “Black children.” They effectively prioritize majority comfort over minority safety. They give bigots unlimited free speech, but will do the bidding of authoritarian governments upon request.

Our resistance to sell isn’t out of ego - the belief that no one could possibly manage NikeTalk better than we have or could. It’s that anyone who’s wanted to purchase NikeTalk has wanted to do so with an eye towards profitability, and any entity that emphasizes profits over people is highly unlikely to maintain NikeTalk’s founding values, or live up to our fellow members’ trust and expectations.

If the world’s wealthiest person bought a social media network, actively made it worse, and cut every conceivable cost while dodging rent, then you probably shouldn’t hold out hope that a mystery billionaire will swoop in, pay all the bills, and give you the ad-free app of your dreams with no concern for cost.

We’re living through a time of genocide, environmental devastation, and burgeoning inequality. There are more noble causes than subsidizing a forum experience for people with the means to collect sneakers.

If you’d rather see us switch over to Discord and then hop over to another “free” service once their investors inevitably grow antsy and start to tighten the screws, okay, but that’s how we started out with ezboard/Yuku and it didn’t exactly end well. Personally, I’d rather put up with a few ads and maintain independence for as long as that’s sustainable, but we’ve always been open to suggestions.

Anyway, I don’t want to further derail what’s obviously an important discussion about Diddy and Meek Mill, so anyone interested in pursuing this further can send me a PM.

I just find it a little out of touch when someone who routinely pays $200 for maybe 85 cents’ worth of plastic bristles against the idea of visiting an ad-supported website, like they’re somehow entitled to that at others’ expense.

Back
Top Bottom