DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

giphy.gif

Listening to the movie version after hearing Zayne and Zhavia’s rendition is not a great idea. Naomi Scott doesn’t sound bad for an actress, Mena did enough to sound like dude from the OG version.

doesnt really sound bad to me, soundtracks would never sound as good as fully dedicated album version because they're picked off straight out of the film

really more worried about Will trying to sing

You guys sound a bit too harsh or expecting too much

Naomi Scott is not as good a singer as Lea Salonga, but I liked her version of the song

naomi can definitely sing and she's gon' kill this number/scene on the big screen

As beautiful as Naomi is, she just doesn’t fit the look of Jasmine. With all the gorgeous Bollywood actresses out there they definitely settled :smh:

Aladdin currently down to 64% on RT. Still going to see it, but damn...

End of the day, I still see Disney profiting from Aladdin. I actually think it'll be leggy. If The Greatest Showman proved anything, it's that family films with musical performances tied to them often do okay, word of mouth always trumps review critics when it comes to box office numbers.

some are projecting an $80m opening which isn't as good as B&tB or JB but still decent

:smh:

I feel the L coming with Lion King too
Don't speak that evil!

In all seriousness, I believe Lion King's success will be similar to Jungle Book's in regards to reception.

Can't speak on box office, but I'm thinking it'll be more of a sure thing than Aladdin.

I dunno what it is, but seems like aladdin just didn’t get people hyped. Dunno if it is the cast or people still got avengers and g.o.t. on their minds.

a lot were turned off by the trailer and blue fresh prince

all of disney cgi budget must have gone to endgame and lion king

:lol:

Yeah, I would just watch the animated movie instead of that weird looking live action one.

They should have redone them like realistic in current time for each one.

Like Lion King would have a devastated landscape and they are running from scalpers.

Little Mermaid has all this plastic trash everywhere and they are starving from fish die off.

Someone make this parody video for me.

Back
Top Bottom