DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

It wasn’t better than the cartoon made 20 or so years ago. I mean it’s a pretty low bar that it didn’t get over.

Film was okay for what it was. It wasn't made for us washed, Trapped In The 90s cats. This was a technological flex for de yout dem. Voice acting was pretty on point although I didn't buy Childish as Simba. Mufasa's death felt realer in the OG version tbh. Timon and Pumba were great. Scar was good but he kind of botched the iconic "Long Live The King" scene.

I don't know if this is a hot take or not but I think this was better than Aladdin overall. Scar could eat Jafar's food.

Reactions: HIM
Film was okay for what it was. It wasn't made for us washed, Trapped In The 90s cats. This was a technological flex for de yout dem. Voice acting was pretty on point although I didn't buy Childish as Simba. Mufasa's death felt realer in the OG version tbh. Timon and Pumba were great. Scar was good but he kind of botched the iconic "Long Live The King" scene.

I don't know if this is a hot take or not but I think this was better than Aladdin overall. Scar could eat Jafar's food.
Better than Aladdin? I'll see for myself sometime this week.

Oh

I think gambino made it work, he was the boss that moved something..

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the live action Aladdin. Animated Aladdin > Animated Lion King imo.
3CC64C45-86FF-4221-AE6A-E878A618CFBB.png
Hmm. That’s tough. I don’t know if I can choose between the two. LK had more musical hits but the street urchin granted 3 magical wishes glow up was everything as a kid.

was entertaining and felt the movie flew by. thought the visuals and music was solid.
not as bad as what i thought people made it out to be

182.7 mill at the box office and an A grade from fans. Haters can put that in their pipe and smoke it

3CC64C45-86FF-4221-AE6A-E878A618CFBB.png
Hmm. That’s tough. I don’t know if I can choose between the two. LK had more musical hits but the street urchin granted 3 magical wishes glow up was everything as a kid.

I've always felt that Aladdin was more relatable to people in general. You have a dude who's a broke boi but he has a crew. His pet, his car (Carpet) and his wingman who's down for whatever (Genie). Like a lot of cats, he wants the ***** who's out of his league (Jasmine). Jasmine is the baddest *****- great tan, fire fit and super rich. Every girl wants to be Jasmine. And she has a pet tiger. And guess what, despite all of that, she's not really superficial, our broke boi actually has a shot. But he put the P on a pedestal and tried to use the cheat codes to bag.

Then you have Jafar a legit menace. Not only because of his powers but because he's a sneaky bastard. And he has a New York City parrot straight out the delicatessen who's helping him along the way. Every character is written well and acted well, the story is concise with very little filler. It's the Illmatic of Disney films.

Now, I love The Lion King. I cried like a little *** as a kid when Mufasa died. I almost broke the controller in anger trying to beat that hard *** Genesis game. But ultimately, it's about royalty and they're all animals. Not to take anything away from the movie, definite Top 3 Disney film. But Aladdin is #1.

Movie was decent but I understand why people say it was TRASH. Better than Aladdin but that's not saying much.

I've always felt that Aladdin was more relatable to people in general. You have a dude who's a broke boi but he has a crew. His pet, his car (Carpet) and his wingman who's down for whatever (Genie). Like a lot of cats, he wants the ***** who's out of his league (Jasmine). Jasmine is the baddest *****- great tan, fire fit and super rich. Every girl wants to be Jasmine. And she has a pet tiger. And guess what, despite all of that, she's not really superficial, our broke boi actually has a shot. But he put the P on a pedestal and tried to use the cheat codes to bag.

Then you have Jafar a legit menace. Not only because of his powers but because he's a sneaky bastard. And he has a New York City parrot straight out the delicatessen who's helping him along the way. Every character is written well and acted well, the story is concise with very little filler. It's the Illmatic of Disney films.

Now, I love The Lion King. I cried like a little *** as a kid when Mufasa died. I almost broke the controller in anger trying to beat that hard *** Genesis game. But ultimately, it's about royalty and they're all animals. Not to take anything away from the movie, definite Top 3 Disney film. But Aladdin is #1.
I still haven't seen Lion King. Will do soon. But going to take a wild guess that it's just hard for audiences to connect to characters that don't emote.

I'm not that upset about Beyonce but realistically they probably could have gotten better voice acting from an actual legit actor than her. But she probably flexed on them about doing the soundtrack and voice. Disney is about that bag at the end of the day. "**** these kids and their washed parents. Get Beyonce to give an average performance and lets get these racks. Facts"--- The Mouse

Everyone of course going to have their own opinions.

1. Lion King original 8/8
2. Aladdin live action 6.5/8
3. Lion King live action 6/8
4. Aladdin original 5/8

is how I have it ranked. Obviously this is based on decades of change as a person but purely basing this on how much I enjoyed each movie as a 1st time watch and how emotionally connected I felt to it. There was no way that an adult me was going to connect to Lion King the same way as a 11 year old me connecting to the cartoon version. That said, i thought the CGI or wtv it was was outstanding in this. Breathtakingly beautiful. The story is simply better suited for cartoon animation though. Aladdin on the other hand I connected way more as an adult and enjoyed the live action one. Jasmine was bae and overall it was fun to me. Original one I never really cared for all that much.

In short, Lion King was a good watch to me and my girl. Breathtakingly beautiful and didn’t deviate much in story from the original.

‘The Lion King’ Rises To $531M Global In 10 Days, ‘Aladdin’ Nears $1B WW

With a mighty roar, Disney’s The Lion King was the No. 1 movie in all of its opening markets this weekend, adding $269.4M at the international box office. The adaptation of the classic animation debuted in 51 new hubs, which joined China after its early bow last week. Through 10 days, the Jon Favreau-helmed film has grossed $346M overseas for $531M worldwide when including domestic, where it set a new July record with $185M.

The global launch tally this frame (ie, outside China) was $433M, the 9th biggest of all time. Factoring in China’s $98M so far, The Lion King is already the No. 7 movie of the year worldwide.

Speaking of Aladdin, the surprise juggernaut is zooming to the $1B worldwide mark having now grossed $989M after a 40% offshore drop this session.

Back
Top Bottom