DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

Movie was beautiful but that's about it. Voice acting was bad besides Mufasa Timon and Pumbaa and young Simba and Nala. Beyonce can't act. I didn't appreciate Nala's Houston accent. Should have got Lupita and got someone else to sing if she can't sing. Donald Glover sounded bored. Movie looked good though but didn't like that I've seen it before. They didn't change anything but left stuff out.

Disney definitely bit em, hopefully they got paid under the table later or something.

Anyways for the live action film, 5/8. It was solid but man, Beyoncé as Nala just didn’t work and took me out of the movie at times. I already knew she was bad at regular acting but didn’t think she would be that mediocre at voice acting.

Donald Glover is not a good voice actor. I liked everything else though

I’m very surprised to see people thought Beyonce was bad. I thought she was good. Donald Glover sounded like he was reading a book.

Timon was amazing. Had to look up who his voice was. Seth killed it too.

4. Aladdin original 5/8

tenor.gif

i actually do not like/want the fan edit outside of scar, everyone else looks too creepy :lol:

Saw the movie a few days ago and I'm not as nearly as disappointed as others are. Probably because I don't remember the animated version. Thought it was a nice story overall, but felt that something was lacking. Childish and Beyonce definitely stood out in a bad way.

Also. While I can say that the film looked great for the majority of the film, there were plenty moments where it was off and I was saying to myself that I would like to see this film redone when further CGI improvements have come along.

Donald Glover is not a good voice actor. I liked everything else though

I’m very surprised to see people thought Beyonce was bad. I thought she was good. Donald Glover sounded like he was reading a book.

Timon was amazing. Had to look up who his voice was. Seth killed it too.

I thought Donald was worse than Beyonce also.

I think the main problem people have with Beyonce is how distinct her voice and accent are.

That is horrific man :lol:

Nah this uncanny valley **** they tryna do is wack. Sonic made my skin itch.

Let movies stay fantasy dog I still feel like this Lion King gon be boring because it's basically a NatGeo voiceover lol.

Timon and Pumba was the only ones who looked ruff in that montage above as cartoons. Everyone else looked fire

For all of you people talking about National Geo voice over

If you don't see it in IMAX or Dolby you're doing yourself a disservice being cheap and that's on you

I haven't even seen it yet.

I don't think I've ever even watched the original all the way thru, they probably used to put it on in preschool/whatevers before kindegarten and I prolly drowsed off :lol:

So it probably ain't for me anyway. But when I eventually do watch it with my kids or something I wish they had the CGI cartoon style lol.

*****es in shade room like "its supposed to be live action duh" like they just filmed these animals walking and talking and **** and didnt still have to animate this **** :lol:

I don't think I've ever even watched the original all the way thru, they probably used to put it on in preschool/whatevers before kindegarten and I prolly drowsed off :lol:
Bruh I was so hurt when my lil bro had no interest in this.

Long story short, my pops was 30 when he had me, remarried when he was 60, had another kid. I’m still a big *** kid at heart so I was hype to show him all the **** I loved when I was his age.

He had ZERO interest in the OG. He couldn’t even sit through it. I was so excited to show it to him & he just **** all over it :lol: Not even gonna waste my time taking him to this one :lol:

Long story short, my pops was 30 when he had me, remarried when he was 60, had another kid. I’m still a big *** kid at heart so I was hype to show him all the **** I loved when I was his age.

He had ZERO interest in the OG. He couldn’t even sit through it. I was so excited to show it to him & he just **** all over it :lol: Not even gonna waste my time taking him to this one :lol:

Put him on Batman Spiderman and ****. That’s what I was into instead :lol: all the DC cartoons from the 90’s with that similar animation style. Marvel too.

Show bruh Spider Verse or something :lol:

How old is your little brother?

It was not as bad as I expected based on some of the harsh reviews. Making it mostly shot for shot did not bother me, as there were so many shots and moments that if they didn't recreate it, I would have been disappointed. There were a few particular moments where it did suffer from a lack of animation and expression from the animals, but for the most part, I didn't mind the style. Overall, it was beautifully shot, Timon and Pumba were the stars of the movie, Zazu was also great. The songs were solid, but of course, can't compare to the original. Beyonce was fine in her role, I love Glover but his voice didn't fit well. It looked and sounded great in Dolby and was well worth it. Overall it was good and considering it was a remake of one of the most popular and beloved movies of all-time, I can't fault it for not living up to the original. They went with a choice that many disagreed with to be photorealistic and natural movements and it didn't work that well. I think it did enough good things to make me enjoy it and overlook some of the faults.

Beyoncé and Donald were not needed. That “Spirit” song use was TRASH! Donald being my idol it hurts to say it felt like he wasn’t interested in it. But at the same time they try to make Simba not matter as much. It damn sure felt like they needed to remind you BEYONCÉ is in this movie :smh: and gave her too much and she just failed at. Her tone was not right for Nala if she was Sarabi that would’ve been better. Her “Are you with me Lions?” and “Lions attack!” was just :rolleyes:sick:

The visuals and yes trying to be a National Geographic was something that was a positive to me but what I walked away with was Seth Rogen, Billie Eickner, Keegan Michael Key, and Eric Andre were the damn stars of this movie. Seth and Billie just was laughs and that dynamic worked. Keegan and Andre as the hyenas was really good and I like their chemistry and the way they wrote it.

Back
Top Bottom