DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

Man now that our daughter is gonna be 4 we won’t Be able to pass her off at 2 anymore, she’s getting too tall. Probably won’t be renewing our passes until I hopefully get this new gig. Background process takes forever.
what's the new job

Damn, $20/day for Maxpass now? Wasn't that **** $10 at DL just a year ago? :lol:

That's an extra $240 for our trip just to be able to use an app. Unreal. :smh:

I believe it was $15. Still, a $5 increase is a lot. That's 20 spicy chicken nuggets from Wendy's.

it was initially $10 then went up to $15 last year and now its $20, probably gon’ be a $5 every year but they got to stop it somewhere, i think $25 most is what most would be willing to pay unless all rides get a fastpass and autopia and monsters inc (they just added fastpass to both recently) aint cutting it

Been a minutes since I’ve posted here. Went after work last week to celebrate the birthday with a friend who shares the same bday and his wife....oh and buy an AP pass again 😅 I’m baaaaack!! Now to figure out how to use this flex pass and get on Rise

B00B99F8-0AD9-4B80-9869-83F06F56E215.jpeg

happy bday! hope you had a blast

speaking of those buttons, i dont know if i just havent been paying attention but when i vitied last, they just had an open cart where everyone can grab as much as they want and to write your own name

i remember having to kind of hunt it down and sometimes theyd run out and theyd write your name for you

now its just a free for all which isnt necessarily a bad thing i guess

dont get me wrong, i grabbed one of each :lol:

Last edited:
Anybody know a good place to stay outside Disneyland? Not looking for a $500 a night type place but definitely not the cheapest.

I wonder if Disney World is going to be a cheaper option soon.

nah, wdw also increased their price :lol:

South Florida everything is cheaper than CA.
I’ve never looked into what difference would be though. Just crazy with these constant hikes and we always pay for them.

South Florida everything is cheaper than CA.
I’ve never looked into what difference would be though. Just crazy with these constant hikes and we always pay for them.
there's a limit
if its high and less crowds ill bite
but it just seems like the crowds are getting worse with the hikes
i get it though
folks need a break on the daily grind of work
and disneyland is their way to escape and take a break
and forget about that grind
but they doing toooooooo damn much with these hikes

i think WDW is cheaper because they have more parks but each is smaller (not sure how their park-hopper works) and since majority of guests are visitors, they make more bank on hotels and accommodations too

not only that but they also got a stiffer competition with Universal and Sea World within what, 10-20 min of each other?

here in california, universal studios might be ~30 miles away but that could still be a 2hour drive during rush hour and sea world in san diego is a good distance away too

knotts is closest but its really little threat and six flags is pretty far for us angelinos and the traffic and that place might as well be one of those travelling amusement parks on how its kept

cost of living and the tax difference is probably big too

Alright guys- me n the wife are doing a day trip woth no kids on the 25th. Flight gets in at 7:35AM. Will we be able to get In the park by 8? Wanna ride rotr but don’t know if I’ll be inside the park in time to reserve a boarding pass....

nah, dont think you're gon' make it at 8am but you're in luck, unless things change, on the 25th of Feb the park opens at 9am so you might have a slither of hope

giphy.gif

Holy crap! 9AM!?! Nice!! Thanks for the info rfx45 rfx45 as always! 👍🏽
Wait- why they opening at 9AM? I’ll definitely make it then, right? I just wanna chance to be able to reserve...

their opening varies, i never even knew until rotr forced me to go in at rope drop :lol:

i always go mid-morning or mid-day

but good thing i checked because they opened at 8am when i went when i always thought they opened at 9am

its probably based on how busy they expect it to be (during summer they close a lot later so i assume they probably open earlier too since its busier), if there are events going on (they usually kick people out earlier if they have one of those nite parties or corporates reserve the park) or maybe the weathers going to be bad

the week you're going, it looks like weekedays they open at 9 and close at 10 while on the weekends (including friday) they open at 8 and close midnight so they probably do not expect a lot of guests to flood in during the weekdays

Untitled.png

when SWland first opened last summer they thought it was going to be hella crowded but it became the emptiest in record history the past few years and i do remember them adjusting the hours and closed earlier while cutting castmembers hours

Keeping their overhead and labor cost down, it's a pretty standard policy across all business.

i think WDW is cheaper because they have more parks but each is smaller (not sure how their park-hopper works) and since majority of guests are visitors, they make more bank on hotels and accommodations too

not only that but they also got a stiffer competition with Universal and Sea World within what, 10-20 min of each other?

here in california, universal studios might be ~30 miles away but that could still be a 2hour drive during rush hour and sea world in san diego is a good distance away too

knotts is closest but its really little threat and six flags is pretty far for us angelinos and the traffic and that place might as well be one of those travelling amusement parks on how its kept

cost of living and the tax difference is probably big too

Parks in Florida are all larger than the California parks...Animal Kingdom alone is something like 400-500 acres by itself...Once you’ve walked all of them you definitely notice the difference 😂...

But for pricing I’ve always kind of scratched my head for the reasoning...

Over the years I’ve just come to the conclusion that in Florida everything is essentially Disney contained...What I mean by that is when I go to DL (I live in Vegas) I know I can get a killer deal on a non- Disney hotel that’s walking distance to the park...I also know I can leave the park and get a great meal...Disney knows this too that’s why they skew the prices higher...Makes up for the loss in secondary revenue...There’s a good chance I’m spending some money on something that’s not Disney connected during my visit...

In Florida when I leave a park I’m taking Disney transportation to a Disney Hotel...Later on I’ll have dinner at a Disney Restaurant then probably do some shopping at a Disney shop...The logistics of doing anything off site is a nightmare...Your talking about 40 square miles of property and all the infrastructure of a small city...Once I’m on Disney property that’s where I’m at for the duration...Disney knows this too so they can skew their prices lower with the understanding that most guests are going to be spending their money almost universally in their product...

i can imagine acreage being bigger because they got a lot more park and florida is a swamp land but are the parks really bigger in terms of things to do in a single park?

never been there but looking at hollywood studios they have swland, toy story, r&r coaster, star tours, tower of terror and soon mickey & minnies?

though that one park still sounds smaller than DL but ill never really know until i get to step foot in there

i can imagine acreage being bigger because they got a lot more park and florida is a swamp land but are the parks really bigger in terms of things to do in a single park?

never been there but looking at hollywood studios they have swland, toy story, r&r coaster, star tours, tower of terror and soon mickey & minnies?

though that one park still sounds smaller than DL but ill never really know until i get to step foot in there

Apples and oranges comparison between them though in my opinion...

If your talking total number of rides I’d say it’s pretty close between the two actually...Difference being that California has theirs spread between two parks where Orlando spreads theirs between four...Two of the four (Hollywood, and Epcot) were never ride heavy anyway...

The thing with Florida is that they might be sparse with the rides per park but they compensate with shows and experiences...

Another thing is It’s easier to get from ride to ride in DL / CA or even between parks...Just because things are so tight in California but very spread out in Florida...In Florida if I want to go from Magic Kingdom to Epcot I known I’ll need to get a bus to one of the resorts, then get another bus to the second park...

Hollywood Studios was just in sad shape once they started closing things down to make way for SW and Toy Story...At one point I think they had three rides running, total...Just horrible...Now with the updated stuff it’s much better...Epcot is going through that strange transition period now though with things leaving to make way for new stuff...

Pluses and minuses for each I suppose...

i think thats part of my point with the price, again i am not sure how thier park hopper works, if 1 park hopper ticket lets you in to all four or do you pretty much pay park per park? i do believe each park ticket at wdw is cheaper but if you total the 4 parks to the 2 in ca, is it about equal?

and as you said, the distance probably make park hopper less ideal and you got spend more time there hence spending more money so essentially they go to make it cheaper because theyll make it up by trapping you in their ”world”?

i think thats part of my point with the price, again i am not sure how thier park hopper works, if 1 park hopper ticket lets you in to all four or do you pretty much pay park per park? i do believe each park ticket at wdw is cheaper but if you total the 4 parks to the 2 in ca, is it about equal?

and as you said, the distance probably make park hopper less ideal and you got spend more time there hence spending more money so essentially they go to make it cheaper because theyll make it up by trapping you in their ”world”?

Basically...They know they’ll, more often than not, be getting all of the guests trip money during their stay...Let’s them throw that perception of getting a good deal out there when in reality they’ll still be in the guests pockets...

But yeah park hopping is a completely different experience in Florida...I low key always question if I really need to pay extra for that on every trip...Might make use of it twice for our normal 7 day trip...

going after work on friday
last time i did that it took me an hour to travel the 15 miles to disneyland from newport beach

They’re tryna turn Disneyland into an attraction for the elite.

Spot officially reached throw it all on the credit card and pay later status for me

Back
Top Bottom