Divorces with Single Moms Are Most Difficult According to Divorce Lawyer

And I can't rock with the tired social conservative politics he peddles about black women either. Blaming the macro issues facing the black community mainly on the unique moral failings of black women is some nasty stuff.

I have noticed the prevalence of dudes peddling the same **** on NT. You push back on it and the "why can't we hold people accountable" steez

Im a little bit mixed on it, maybe it's being children of immigrants,

butI have a little bit of sympathy for a certain kind of social conservatism,
that I think in modern western individualist culture has become verboten to express.

obviously I think "the submit to your man stuff" takes it too far.

but like I think having strong cultural norms against having children out of wedlock for example
may be "problematic" but the older I get I think it's on balance a good thing.

now does that mean people should be harassing single mothers on the internet
no,

but it's im not sure how to encourage one thing
without giving licence to reactionary misogynists.

Stay at home moms with young kids are not lazy. That said I refuse to be the only one bringing in the money. Not happening at all.

Does your opinion change if kids are involved?
My opinion is of people that aspire to be stay at home parents/spouse. It's a completely different thing to have to do it out of necessity. If you have kids, and you can afford to stay home, by all means do it. Because I know I wouldn't trust a stranger with my kids. But there are newlyweds out there with no kids where one of them just stays home. That's a huge no for me.

I'm cool with a stay at home mom if I can comfortably afford it and she takes it seriously enough. Don't want to come home and she got nothing done but a learn a new Qanon theory.
What do you mean by seriously enough? Making sure the house is taken care of? Or is there more to it?

TCPA.gif

Well said, I will also add that libs are scum
Cot damn I hit show ignored content and saw that, what the hell. Just ban son already.

Im a little bit mixed on it, maybe it's being children of immigrants,

butI have a little bit of sympathy for a certain kind of social conservatism,
that I think in modern western individualist culture has become verboten to express.

obviously I think "the submit to your man stuff" takes it too far.

but like I think having strong cultural norms against having children out of wedlock for example
may be "problematic" but the older I get I think it's on balance a good thing.

now does that mean people should be harassing single mothers on the internet
no,

but it's im not sure how to encourage one thing
without giving licence to reactionary misogynists.
I am an immigrant too, social conservatism is alive and well in my family. Older African Americans are social conservatives too.

I am sympathetic to some of it (more the black people trying to keep other black people out of trouble), especially when it feels it is being delivered in good faith and based on an honest read of the situations facing the black community.

Like Obama would peddle a lot of social conversation (less now than before) and you got dudes like Ben Carson to peddle social conservatism too. Both a bit annoying but one is way more tolerable because you feel it is coming from a caring place. As opposed to just thinking the worse of black people.

But Samuels takes it beyond just complaints of the lack of nuclear family just can't rock with.

The whole black women rather be on welfare than have a man in the house, the black women call the police black men to get them addressed, black women are uniquely disloyal to black men. That there is something unique wrong with the character of modern black women, and that other socioeconomic factors are not talked about beyond criticism of the welfare state. Then talking about those claims and making a hot take about macro socio-economic conditions hurting black people is talking too far for me.

Take out the race science stuff, and someone like Andrew Sullivan is probably more progressive on what can help black people in America than Samuels.

That is a red flag to me

On the flip side, I have also zero tolerance when a black person (especially women) tries to do the same to black men. When I hear my girl's homegirl walk in the door on a Saturday morning, best believe I'm in the bedroom getting my counterarguments ready like...
giphy.gif

My hot take was all them mid day shows they be watching infecting they head about death, infidelity and renovations. Her observations seemed more grounded and based on her experience.

Anywho i wouldnt mind making my wife a stay at home mom. If my money right right, she works alot and wouldnt mind the break. She wouldnt last a yr because she loves working and being busy. But its a goal for sure.

A lot cases i observe, are do to the expensive state of childcare. Its absurd. But its also your child.

Average paternity leave is about a week :lol:

Enough time for me to find a more permanent care taker. Probably my wife's grandma or her mother. They don't work. I also do 75 percent of my work from home I'll be around most of the time. Bottom line is she gotta get her *** back to work asap. Aint no free rides in my household. :lol:

I didn't help support her through school for her to be lounging around changing diapers. Get ya *** out there and make us some MF money. :rofl:

Last edited:
Enough time for me to find a more permanent care taker. Probably my wife's grandma or her mother. They don't work. I also do 75 percent of my work from home I'll be around most of the time. Bottom line is she gotta get her *** back to work asap. Aint no free rides in my household. :lol:

I didn't support her through school for her to be lounging around changing diapers. Get ya *** out there and make us some MF money. :rofl:
Throwing the baby at the grandma and making shawty go back to work immediately is wild :lol:

Sounds like your situation is unique though with your ability to work at home for the majority of your time. I personally don't want others looking after my kid.

Nah, I definitely feel like if you're in a relationship long enough that its heading towards marriage that it has already been discussed if your partner wants to stay at home and take care of the children.

That is the time to voice your disagreement and break things off if you have to.

This isn't something that'll just happen that you can't foresee.
I def agree with you but i will say kids can change everything. There is a strong possibility that circumstances of having children change people's plans afterwards. Happens a lot actually.

But a woman who doesn't want to work period is a red flag for me.

I def agree with you but i will say kids can change everything. There is a strong possibility that circumstances of having children change people's plans afterwards. Happens a lot actually.

But a woman who doesn't want to work period is a red flag for me.
Yeah, when my wife and I had our first kid. She was ready to go back to work, but realized she would be working to pay for daycare. Fortunately, my salary allowed her to not have to work and raise our kids.

She does want to go back to work when my son starts school.

Have two female friends that work remotely and are stay at home homes and the husbands both f'd it up. One cheated, one is an abuser. Both chicks are sweethearts, both gorgeous. Great catches. Now they're getting divorced. Husbands goofed.

Have two female friends that work remotely and are stay at home homes and the husbands both f'd it up. One cheated, one is an abuser. Both chicks are sweethearts, both gorgeous. Great catches. Now they're getting divorced. Husbands goofed.

Is the abuser a lib as well? Sounds like it. He probably cries in his Veg wraps that he is a loser that voted for 😴 🥱 😪 Joseph.

Throwing the baby at the grandma and making shawty go back to work immediately is wild :lol:

Sounds like your situation is unique though with your ability to work at home for the majority of your time. I personally don't want others looking after my kid.

I mean most people don't work 24 hours a day I'll still be around to see my children even if I didn't work from home and someone else was taking care of them.

Child care is expensive and hard to come by. My coworker has struggled with this all year. Her husband is completing residency in another state so she's effectively a "single" stay at home mom that works from home.

It actually isn't odd to have your retired parents or grandparents care for your children. Very common in many cultures. If you have that gift I say take advantage of it.

You wouldn’t want a wife to hold the fort down ?
I don't think so. I think it comes from a lot of women in my life having been career ambitious and independent. It's what attracts me.

I actually supported my wife when we were still dating and engaged so she could go back to school and pursue a better career for herself. I told her she didn't have to work so she can focus and finish earlier. That was a mistake for our relationship honestly. Probably my own **** I had to deal with but I would feel some type of way if the home stuff wasn't taken cared of or if she had some input on anything monetary.
I really wanted our relationship to be completely 50/50 and for me it was hard to see our relationship being even if she didn't bring in any money.

Back
Top Bottom