DJ Hero = Copped X one hundred trillion

Exactly
smh.gif

Thats why I copped it through one of the indie spots that breaks RD 24/7 instead of asking an old co worker to help me out

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Being an actual DJ. I just can't get myself into it.

I was up on IIDX for a good portion of my early teenage years though.
Your so cool.
NO YOU'RE COOL BECAUSE YOU TRY AND CALL SOMEONE OUR FOR STATING A SIMPLE OPINION AND FACT.
lol. I'll let my homeboys ride on your !!**@ made self.

Guitar hero is way better. DJ Hero just doesn't make you feel like a DJ. With Guitar Hero, you actually somewhat feel like a musician (i am sure actualmusicians will disagree). But if anything, they need to have DJ Hero where you can switch the table and the mixer. I scratch the other way around.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Guitar hero is way better. DJ Hero just doesn't make you feel like a DJ. With Guitar Hero, you actually somewhat feel like a musician (i am sure actual musicians will disagree). But if anything, they need to have DJ Hero where you can switch the table and the mixer. I scratch the other way around.
I won't agree or disagree that Guitar Hero is way better because DJ Hero doesn't make you feel like a DJ. But really though, it's avideogame... The point is to have some fun and hopefully give non-DJ's a fun intro.

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

Your so cool.

i hope your not using serato and calling yourself a dj
nerd.gif
Son sit down, you have a lot to learn. Last time I brought my crates to a club they told me they wouldn't have me back if I didn't have alaptop with serato and that goes for basically every club in Hollywood now.

Kept the classics but I had to sell 80% of my vinyls and honestly its the same exact thing except now some fake neo KRS-1 herbs like you come along from timeto time that I have to put in check. I was a straight vinyl guy reppin' until death then I went to serato and realized its the same #**#.

Its basically like saying you aren't raw because you're listening to an ipod and not a walkman. With that being said though don't even get mestarted on these little numark setups for like 400 dollars, unless you are using Ableton as a pure laptop DJ you get no pounders from me what so ever.

I swear some people can't grasp the concept of this just being a game!...

Should be happy the DJing industries is getting some recognition.

People act like this game will kill the art of DJing
laugh.gif
quit crying.

Don't like it?...Don't buy it!

Don't get me wrong no one I got no problems with DJ Hero at all its a video game with two buttons and turn table. Was talking to dude up there.

figured I'd post this in the DJ Hero thread: Jay Z and Eminem - Renegades performance. Have they rocked the same stage before?

can you actually play a track, and mess around with it?

or is it play the track straight through and hit the buttons?

Speaking of Ableton Live. It was weird to see Daft Punk on that commercial.

It made me feel like that sold out by doing this game. But I guess any exposure like this is great for the duo.

I also heard that Konami is suing them for basically swagger jacking beatmania.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

I also heard that Konami is suing them for basically swagger jacking beatmania.
Talkin' about Scratch: The Ultimate DJ? I wouldn't be surprised, but Konami has nothing on them with the addition of a crossfader and theremoval of 2 keys/buttons.

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

Your so cool.

i hope your not using serato and calling yourself a dj
nerd.gif
Son sit down, you have a lot to learn. Last time I brought my crates to a club they told me they wouldn't have me back if I didn't have a laptop with serato and that goes for basically every club in Hollywood now.

Kept the classics but I had to sell 80% of my vinyls and honestly its the same exact thing except now some fake neo KRS-1 herbs like you come along from time to time that I have to put in check. I was a straight vinyl guy reppin' until death then I went to serato and realized its the same #**#.

Its basically like saying you aren't raw because you're listening to an ipod and not a walkman. With that being said though don't even get me started on these little numark setups for like 400 dollars, unless you are using Ableton as a pure laptop DJ you get no pounders from me what so ever.
30binu8.gif

u dont have to carry crates theres other ways with a laptop its just that ALOT OF PEOPLE CONFUSE "DJ's" USING SERATO FOR BEING A TALENTED DJ.with serato even a deaf man could can jump on a set. thats koo that you dj in west hollywood......

I am going to toss my opinion in here about this entire thread......

I got DJ hero today from my boy as a promo gift, its OK, no better or worse than guitar hero, the same skill and technique go into both....and neither willhelp you actually help you play either instrument...if I had to buy one I would buy the cheap one, you get a jay/em cd and a travel case (which is useless) Idont see any extra tracks (correct me if I am wrong), it would have been good if they actually made a metal version something more heavy duty. The deck feelslike its ok, but that crossfader is going to break on a lot of people......If i can break the knob off of a RANE and a VESTAX in the same year, this thing hasno chance......

Being a dj I appreciate the effort from the gaming industry to bring something I would like to play to market, the first dj game I ever played was in japan atan arcade, it was really cool at the time, but again, is no more of an actual dj game.

and as far as actually using records to dj, I prefer it, I never minded lugging around my crates, but clubs do want you to just bring the laptops and aexternal HD....and I think this is why so many people are dj's now, its easier to dj now, I was just at a club and this dude had 10-20 cue points per songand a bpm plug in!!!!! He might as well just make a CD at home and stand there and play it.... Click, drag, drop, count out the 4 and drop the next track onthe 1, thats what djing has become................

on the other hand, it does make people rethink how they mix and transition, in the end I am guessing it will force people to push the limits more.......

Just copped...I'll be playing soon...

GT - daFURIOUSdeuce

I'll let yall know what I think of it in an hour or so...

It's fun as hell. I got the renegade edition, cuz I travel to my crib and my parents crib so it made sense for my situation. Some of the mixes are amazing.I'm a Guitar Hero/Rock Band fan, but the fact that this game caters to music I actually love is what pushed me over the edge. The Heart of the City/ How DoYou Want It mix is toooooooo smooth.

Back
Top Bottom