DJ Hero = Copped X one hundred trillion

Originally Posted by DublBagn

I am going to toss my opinion in here about this entire thread......

I got DJ hero today from my boy as a promo gift, its OK, no better or worse than guitar hero, the same skill and technique go into both....and neither will help you actually help you play either instrument...if I had to buy one I would buy the cheap one, you get a jay/em cd and a travel case (which is useless) I dont see any extra tracks (correct me if I am wrong), it would have been good if they actually made a metal version something more heavy duty. The deck feels like its ok, but that crossfader is going to break on a lot of people......If i can break the knob off of a RANE and a VESTAX in the same year, this thing has no chance......

Being a dj I appreciate the effort from the gaming industry to bring something I would like to play to market, the first dj game I ever played was in japan at an arcade, it was really cool at the time, but again, is no more of an actual dj game.

and as far as actually using records to dj, I prefer it, I never minded lugging around my crates, but clubs do want you to just bring the laptops and a external HD....and I think this is why so many people are dj's now, its easier to dj now, I was just at a club and this dude had 10-20 cue points per song and a bpm plug in!!!!! He might as well just make a CD at home and stand there and play it.... Click, drag, drop, count out the 4 and drop the next track on the 1, thats what djing has become................

on the other hand, it does make people rethink how they mix and transition, in the end I am guessing it will force people to push the limits more.......
WELL PUT DublBagn

I won't touch on the real DJ controversy that is brewing because of this game...

But I'm sure even the real DJs out there can appreciate about 75% of these mixes...some of these are just GOOD MUSIC. I think that's part of the reasonwhy I'm starting to like this game so much...

picked up my pre-order of the renegade edition today
so far im loving the game, paid way too much for it but its fun and my friends enjoy it as well so im happy

Those looking into the DJ Hero Renegade Edition are probably curious to know what songs will be included in the 2-disc CD pack-in that contains exclusive music by Jay-Z and EMINEM. Activision has revealed the entire track list, composed of "best hits" from Jay-Z and a personal selection by EMINEM himself including a new track that has never been released to the public, "Taking My Ball."
  • Ain't No *%!!% - JAY-Z Featuring Foxy Brown
  • Where I'm From - JAY-Z
  • Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) - JAY-Z
  • Jigga My *%!!% - Ruff Ryders Featuring JAY-Z
  • I Just Wanna Love U (Give it 2 Me) - JAY-Z
  • Izzo (H.O.V.A.) - JAY-Z
  • 03' Bonnie & Clyde - JAY-Z Featuring Beyoncé Knowles
  • Dirt Off Your Shoulder - JAY-Z
  • Show Me What You Got - JAY-Z
  • Roc Boys (And the Winner Is)… - JAY-Z
  • Brooklyn Go Hard - JAY-Z Featuring Santigold
  • .O.A. (Death of Auto Tune) - JAY-Z
  • Taking My Ball - EMINEM (New!)
  • Say Goodbye to Hollywood - EMINEM
  • Soldier - EMINEM
  • The Re-Up - EMINEM & 50 Cent
  • Rabbit Run - EMINEM
  • Get U Mad - EMINEM
  • Bad Guys Always Die - Dr. Dre & EMINEM
  • Public Enemy No. 1 - EMINEM
  • Say What You Say - EMINEM Featuring Dr. Dre
  • Lose Yourself - EMINEM
  • Hey Lady - Obie Trice Featuring EMINEM
  • One Shot 2 Shot - EMINEM Featuring D-12
Wouldn't you think the song Renegade would be on this? Or in the game itself?

I copped (well my boy copped for me while I was at work) and I can't wait to get off in 10 min. And try this baby out, if its dope I'ma get therenegade edition

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

I won't touch on the real DJ controversy that is brewing because of this game...

But I'm sure even the real DJs out there can appreciate about 75% of these mixes...some of these are just GOOD MUSIC. I think that's part of the reason why I'm starting to like this game so much...
I've played through some of the tracklist, and some tracks sound like they're rushed while others I was able to hear how offbeat some are.

Other tracks have almost literally nothing going on.

I've said this before, I've found a few hidden gems here/there [Q-Tip vs. Billy Squier is NASTY!] but 75% seemslike it's pushing it @ the moment.

I'm willing to give the rest of the tracklist a shot, but at that point, I've just played the entire game.

I'm really liking this game.

Just got it today and have been playing for a couple hours. I figured that i might as well start off on hard difficulty seeing as how you can never fail. Weirdthat there aren't any fails, though. I would have liked to have seen an option to toggle whether or not you wanted to have a no fail mode on much like theGuitar Hero and Rock Band series. Nonetheless, the game is fun.

I was able to get it for much less than retail, though. I think if I had spent the full $120+tax, I'd probably still be just as pleased.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

Originally Posted by datdamndeuce

But I'm sure even the real DJs out there can appreciate about 75% of these mixes...some of these are just GOOD MUSIC. I think that's part of the reason why I'm starting to like this game so much...
I've played through some of the tracklist, and some tracks sound like they're rushed while others I was able to hear how offbeat some are.

Other tracks have almost literally nothing going on.

I've said this before, I've found a few hidden gems here/there [Q-Tip vs. Billy Squier is NASTY!] but 75% seems like it's pushing it @ the moment.

I'm willing to give the rest of the tracklist a shot, but at that point, I've just played the entire game.
I'm not much of a DJ, but I can appreciate the songs that they have on here. Don't know much about the scratching, etc. But when I comeacross BBD and Cameo...cmon that's gotta hit home, lol.

Just copped it from GS.

For the people who have it...

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the replay value?

Probably the same as all music games 7-8.
If you're someone who likes to up the difficulty after you flip the game, then it's gonna be something you'll keep playing.
I'm already moving to expert after only having it since release date.
Not to mention there are some DLC coming...

do they have a freestyle session?.. where you can just mess around? or where you can just listen to the mixs?

This is kinda hard.

but I'm feelin a couple of these mixes.
pimp.gif

it's fun but kinda hard...although it has alot of potential

most def will cop and play the hell out of it till i get good at it

btw definitely better than that guitar hero crap

Went and copped today...probably a bad idea but its enjoyable

I can't getmore than 3 stars
roll.gif

i tried it at Best Buy the other day...i enjoyed it.

i need to get my system fixed so i can buy this though

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

I got DJ hero today from my boy as a promo gift, its OK, no better or worse than guitar hero, the same skill and technique go into both....and neither will help you actually help you play either instrument...if I had to buy one I would buy the cheap one, you get a jay/em cd and a travel case (which is useless) I dont see any extra tracks (correct me if I am wrong), it would have been good if they actually made a metal version something more heavy duty. The deck feels like its ok, but that crossfader is going to break on a lot of people......If i can break the knob off of a RANE and a VESTAX in the same year, this thing has no chance......

Being a dj I appreciate the effort from the gaming industry to bring something I would like to play to market, the first dj game I ever played was in japan at an arcade, it was really cool at the time, but again, is no more of an actual dj game.

and as far as actually using records to dj, I prefer it, I never minded lugging around my crates, but clubs do want you to just bring the laptops and a external HD....and I think this is why so many people are dj's now, its easier to dj now, I was just at a club and this dude had 10-20 cue points per song and a bpm plug in!!!!! He might as well just make a CD at home and stand there and play it.... Click, drag, drop, count out the 4 and drop the next track on the 1, thats what djing has become................

on the other hand, it does make people rethink how they mix and transition, in the end I am guessing it will force people to push the limits more.......
WELL PUT DublBagn

DublBagn
I agree with you 110%. Djs nowadays suck donkey balls. I hate going to a club and seeing an empty dj booth but good music is playing. The badthing about it is that the dj is probably a sibling or a good friend of the PROMOTER/OWNER.

Originally Posted by djaward

Originally Posted by ekin805 formally rza9

WELL PUT DublBagn

DublBagn
I agree with you 110%. Djs nowadays suck donkey balls. I hate going to a club and seeing an empty dj booth but good music is playing. The bad thing about it is that the dj is probably a sibling or a good friend of the PROMOTER/OWNER.
Forreal though, being in the video game industry, I'm not too mad. It's a video game, and I do realize the difference between video gamesand real life.

As a DJ, of course I cosign.

If Activision advertised this game as something to "inspire," I'd be a tiny bit irritated as a DJ but not too mad. Inspiration is something Ialways support.

But this game is being advertised as an accurate representation of the culture of DJing. With that said, I truly am afraid of newjacks buying this game, thenthinking they can do it all after smashing out all 93 mixes on Expert difficulty.

In short - It just depends on whether or not the buying demographic is able to determine the difference between a video game and real life.

Only time will tell. We will tell the real from the fake, because when music/rhythm games die, the real will still be left standing.

Back
Top Bottom