do HIGH thread count sheets really make a difference?

????? I'm about to invest in some high thread count sheets....shams.....comforters....and pillow cases...is it really worth it?? To my NT'ers that madethe switch.....

my mom got me some new sheets for christmas and she was stressin how they were high thread count and sayin this and that about how they were better...

shes pretty knowledgeable about this stuff so id have to go with it

whatever happened to just regular pillow cases? i don't want an expensive piece of cloth that i'm just gonna drool on.

I really can't stress how much more comfortable 600 Thread is over 200-350.

200-350 is like cheap hotel status. I'm never buying anything less than 600 for myself. Ever.

I just got a mattress finally after sleeping on a futon for a year and a half, I thought I was going to live here temporarily but I ended up staying. I gotthe Nautica Stanhope comforter, bedskirt, and sham and Nautica Fillmore sheets and pillowcases which I belive are 310 tc. That is soft enough for me, plusanything beats sleeping on a futon. Where do you even find 600+ tc?

I got a set of 1000 count for Christmas i used to not be able to sleep for !%%% now i need about ten minutes to fall asleep.

If its not good enough for Bastitch, its not good enough for me, is how I look at it.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

I really can't stress how much more comfortable 600 Thread is over 200-350.

200-350 is like cheap hotel status. I'm never buying anything less than 600 for myself. Ever.

eek.gif

But I agree, there is a difference. Bought some new bedsheets/pillowcases over the holidays since there were tons of sales. Higher threadcount does feel alot softer, it's doesn't have that weird stiff feel with the lower threadcount sheets. I just wouldn't pay full price, it's also good findthose deals.

600 is the best... a complete difference... i feel like im rolling around in the softest cloud ever... ok no i dont, but it's still a whole lot better thanlower thread counts.

I misread the title and came in here to brag about my high post count
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But anyway, I'm interested in this too. People always go on and on about it but it's expensive and I don't want to invest the money if it's notworth it.

It's not just a matter of sleeping comfort, it's also better for your skin. Smoother sheets won't rub on your skin.

Yeah it kinda does. I work with sheet's and stuff like that at macys. It's worth investing in high thread count sheets cause of course the quality isbetter, than buying cheap sheets. But usually, in MOST cases, with sheets and all that kind of stuff, you get what you pay for....If your paying $20 for180-200 thread count sheets, it's def going to feel like your sleeping on cardboard, or even sandpaper in some cases, but if you spend more $$ and buyinghigher thread counts, you get your moneys worth.

i have 300 tread count polo sheets and they feel comfortable enough for me.

i also have satin sheet sets. mad comfortable except you gotta keep moving to the cool sides of things every now and then

Back
Top Bottom