Do Mac monitors work with PC'S??

my monitor on the way out
smh.gif

what are the best monitors you can get?? i know the Mac ones are good, anything else worth lookin at??

I don't think you could buy just the screen for Mac. It comes with the whole system.

Unless you can get the monitors of Mac pro.
apple_mac.jpg

No.

But they prevent cancer for everyone that looks at them, so that's a plus.

laugh.gif

I keed, I keed.

I have no idea.
nerd.gif

The Cinema displays are nothing special, especially not for the price they go for.

This coming from a 30" ACD owner.

yes you can buy monitors separate.

yes they can work with pc's

yes they are overpriced, and you can get a dell one for much cheaper.....but it wont look as good.

most of them use a DVI connector. so, before wasting all that money, make sure you have a DVI connection on your video card for the best performance.otherwise, you can buy a DVI to VGA adapter.

Originally Posted by osubass1

most of them use a DVI connector. so, before wasting all that money, make sure you have a DVI connection on your video card for the best performance. otherwise, you can buy a DVI to VGA adapter.

Originally Posted by sole lovely

go with dell
i read somewhere that it would be cheaper to buy a samsung monitor, since they make them for dell anyway. but, just what i read.. not 100% sure

im thinkin Mac cuz i do illustration and stuff and all the corny design types use Macs.

i think the display is supposed to better for colour an all that too...gotta do some research i suppose
frown.gif

yes it would work but you wouldn't have access to calibrate your screen. The Apple Cinema Displays don't allow you to configure any components otherthan changing the brightness. I'm a hardcore Apple user but I still go to dell with displays. Apple displays have been riddled with problems. STAY AWAY

Originally Posted by presequel

yes you can buy monitors separate.

yes they can work with pc's

yes they are overpriced, and you can get a dell one for much cheaper.....but it wont look as good.

All of the above is true. I really can't believe this question was asked.

good to hear....wasnt tryin to pay that kind of money really.

and for a apple product!! thats just insult to injury
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeh they do work with PC's, we have the 20 and 23 inch screens and they are nice..........but we do get them for free.

If you're worried go with Dell, from what I've been told they're basically made by the same people

Originally Posted by kidposite

...then why did you ask
grin.gif
indifferent.gif

im lookin at maybe 22-24 inch....aint got room for more than that. how much i spend though depends on numerous things.

If you're worried go with Dell, from what I've been told they're basically made by the same people

Word on the street is that the LCD panels used in the Dell come from the same supplier as Apple.

Back
Top Bottom