Do not eat a Umi Sushi in Atlanta, Georgia!

Checked out their site, wild they can get away with this in Atlanta in 2020. You know exactly what the verbiage means.

DRESS CODE STRICTLY ENFORCED
ALL: No Ball caps, sneakers, athletic wear and sports jerseys.
MEN: No shorts, flip-flops and Tanktops.

OOooOo I wanna see what Atlanta folks gonna do about this...
giphy.gif

Checked out their site, wild they can get away with this in Atlanta in 2020. You know exactly what the verbiage means.

DRESS CODE STRICTLY ENFORCED
ALL: No Ball caps, sneakers, athletic wear and sports jerseys.
MEN: No shorts, flip-flops and Tanktops.

You would think people would know better right?

Aren't all places hurting for business? This place sounds familiar

Didn't they kick a teenager or someone younger out a few months ago?

Definitely a racial undertone and I guarantee some white or asian people have been in there with af1 with no issue, esp since that's what a lot of the young girls are wearing.

It's basically an [illegal] unspoken rule in that situation: if you have something that's borderline against the rules, you better not be black.

Reminds me of a something that happened at a rooftop pool spot here in Austin called rio. They said they didn't allow jerseys, I had on a kobe jersey, but an Asian dude in front of me got in with a soccer jersey. I pointed it out but just took the Jersey off bc I had a t shirt underneath and I was just ready to get in. They basically wanted to say "no football/basketball or baseball jerseys".

They ultimately don't want an urban look associated with their brand.

Another spot in Houston called drinkery had a 100% racist owner and bouncer. Turning minorities away for the smallest, dumbest reason: pants too baggy (express pants), not wearing socks with loafers (person showed that they were wearing ankle socks and still couldn't get in), tattoo on neck. They got closed down a while ago.

Last edited:
Also why did the owner get ticked off when he thought she called him the n word?

Last edited:
All y'all go on your google maps and type in Umi Sushi Atlanta and give this place a deserving review.
Screenshot_20201028-210241.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-210421.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-210421.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20201028-210430.jpg
    Screenshot_20201028-210430.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 251
Food overrated. Most refrigerators that goes there dressed like casual like that.

Went once and never again...

Definitely a racial undertone and I guarantee some white or asian people have been in there with af1 with no issue, esp since that's what a lot of the young girls are wearing.

It's basically an [illegal] unspoken rule in that situation: if you have something that's borderline against the rules, you better not be black.

Reminds me of a something that happened at a rooftop pool spot here in Austin called rio. They said they didn't allow jerseys, I had on a kobe jersey, but an Asian dude in front of me hit in with a soccer jersey. I pointed it out but just took the Jersey off bc I had a t shirt underneath and I was just ready to get in. They basically wanted to say "no football/basketball or baseball jerseys".

They ultimately don't want an urban look associated with their brand.

Another spot in Houston called drinkery had a 100% racist owner and bouncer. Turning minorities away for the smallest, dumbest reason: pants too baggy (express pants), not wearing socks with loafers (person showed that they were wearing ankle socks and still couldn't get in), tattoo on neck. They got closed down a while ago.
Yeah, this has always been a thing in places all over. I remember back in college, bars in downtown Columbus, OH had a no white t shirt, white shoe, or flat bill hat policy, and you could definitely tell who they wanted to keep out. Literally had a bouncer at a bar tell me to bend the brim of my Supreme S Logo cap back in like 2015:lol: Bill was already bent, but apparently needed more curvature.

Back
Top Bottom