Do the "masses" influence your buy decision?

Originally Posted by emacdaddy24

^^^

This guys signature haha "shoes are mean to be worn" but is selling a DS DMP that is several years old...

so what? hes selling them. big deal. be quiet.
smh.gif

influence can include price but i beleive its all personal choice. the masses shouldnt have a major impact but could have some.

I think it affects some of you more than you may think. When I started buying sneakers, it affected me. I realized I would like a pair that was more exclusiveor received more hyped. Def not like that anymore. What ever I like, I purchase.

there are definitely other factors that come into play when it comes to my purchases, other than just what i like. we dont get all the releases in canada. sosome releases ill want more because ill know that ill be one of a few in my city rockin them. i dont know anyone else in vancouver that has a pair of cool grey3s. so do the masses influence what i buy??? yeah! but i dont want the ones everyone else wants. i wouldnt ever buy kicks just for that reason. that might justmake me want them a little more

No.
I believe as consumers we have to be very picky about all our purchases, lets make our money speak for us.

Originally Posted by Props to the King

Is your decision to buy or not buy a pair of Js influenced by others? And i don't mean friends, but the general buying public. I apparently am. For example, the AJ 6s that dropped yesterday: I was on the fence last night about them, and ultimately i decided the $150 tag (even $120 with the code) was just too much and so i passed. BUT, this morning, when out of curiosity i checked their availability at Eastbay, NDC, etc. and saw that they were for the most part sold-out, suddenly i experienced a kind of collectors-fever need to cop a HOT pair of shoes. And so i ended up searching until i found a web site with my size and copped them.

Money spent, purely because OTHERS decided this was a hot shoe ... Am i weird ... ??
Keepin it real, you are a hypebeast. Seek help. You are what's wrong with the shoe game today.

Originally Posted by Henri2310

emacdaddy24 wrote:

^^^

This guys signature haha "shoes are mean to be worn" but is selling a DS DMP that is several years old...

so what? hes selling them. big deal. be quiet.
smh.gif

Just a tad hypocritical is all I'm sayin...why keep a DS DMP if you are such a strong advocate for rockin your kicks...some big words in there I know sorry

Originally Posted by Props to the King

Is your decision to buy or not buy a pair of Js influenced by others? And i don't mean friends, but the general buying public. I apparently am. For example, the AJ 6s that dropped yesterday: I was on the fence last night about them, and ultimately i decided the $150 tag (even $120 with the code) was just too much and so i passed. BUT, this morning, when out of curiosity i checked their availability at Eastbay, NDC, etc. and saw that they were for the most part sold-out, suddenly i experienced a kind of collectors-fever need to cop a HOT pair of shoes. And so i ended up searching until i found a web site with my size and copped them.

Money spent, purely because OTHERS decided this was a hot shoe ... Am i weird ... ??

9/10 would lie sayin they'd buy what they like but it isn't true. For me and for those that love writing thesis's, I think that the reason whyI pull the trigger is because I don't wanna lose the opportunity nor regret not buying when I have the chance. Hype is part of everything. You can alwaysrefund, tastes and shoes grow on people. So it goes hand in hand. I feel sorry for the circus 6s, because those skittles are excessively flooded in the 2ndmarket which fuked the resellers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I always see people on this site always saying (they are growing on me) were do that come from. Its the 24/7 beat down of the shoes being in people face. Casein point 100 plus pages of XX3, Aquas, DMP, etc. People starting out saying they do not like the shoes but then later on they say they are growing on me. So Ithink its more HYPE then anything else.

i buy what i like...

BUT if theres a pair im on the fence about, and the hypebeasts are on the prowl, it does play a factor in my final decision

id rather buy for retail (or less) than have to pay the resellers a grip later on

Half of the people in the masses are idiots anyways, I need positive role-models. So no I buy what I like regardless of what others think or buy themselves.

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

regardless what anyone says, in some way, shape or foem the masses influences us all!! it is inevitable. the real question is, to what degree do the masses influence ur decisions...
The only way the masses influence me is by letting me know how difficult a release will be to purchase if I want it. In no way am I affected by otherpeople on what I want.

If you think its a hot pair, u should cop them whether theres hype from the masses around it or not

Originally Posted by 3thaman

The only way the masses influence me is by letting me know how difficult a release will be to purchase if I want it. In no way am I affected by other people on what I want.

I do, for example, the Jordan 10/13 pack was so hyped, I bought a pack. I later saw I didn't like either, so I sold them. Hey, what can I say? I thinkabout other people's reaction too much.
frown.gif

Unfortunately.......yes
embarassed.gif
BUT I've gotten rid of some pairs thatjust weren't doing it for me anymore such as peapod 8s, fire red 5s, fire red 3s, and black/ red 12s. Sorry after awhile certain pairs just start losingtheir luster for me.

No, not at all, but it sure feels good when I know I'm not the only one jumping on a rediclous JB bandwagon release like the new Oly 6s.

Yes I buy on hype. I roam the streets looking for the latest "word" in regards to shoes. Then I do an informal poll, and ask a bunch of peopleabout colorways, which one is FIYAH or which one is an easy pass. My latest research says that the Jordan 23 is indeed, hot FIYAH. The Spizikes are notFIYAH. The six rings are not FIYAH. Also, when I did my poll in San Francisco, the Olympic Sixes were definitely deemed FIYAH, so take that haters.

So yeah, I buy on hype and what is FIYAH. I don't buy shoes for me to look at, but for all the world to stare at the FIYAH on my feet.

Back
Top Bottom