Do you consider The Black Album a classic????

I honestly didn't like it as much as everyone else. It was a good album, but I've seen people here put it just after Reasonable Doubt and TheBlueprint.

Only track I know people have a problem with is Justify My Thug and I LOVE that song. So yeah, this is a classic to me lol.

i personally love the album, but
roll.gif
at all the people saying it is a CLASSIC... this just proves how much NT d-rides Jay.

i've seen threads asking if It Was Written was a classic album and people were saying "ehhh"... yet we have 90% of the people in this threadputting Black Album as a certified classic. please tell me there are sane posters left in the Music forum...
tired.gif

I consider it a "Classic"... It was the PERFECT ending to a career... This is Jordan in the final seconds over Russell...

"Justify My Thug" is a DOPE record IMO... Theres no truly AWFUL tracks on this album (thats saying a lot for a Jay Z album)... Every song serves apurpose, tho it may not have as many AMAZING tracks as other Jay albums, theres still enough Good/Great records to hold it to the classic prestige...

2. December 4th - 4/5

3. What More Can I Say - 5/5

4. Encore - 5/5

5. Change Clothes - 4.5/5 (2nd verse
eek.gif
)

6. Dirt Off Ya Shoulder - 4/5

7. Threat - 3.5/5

8. Moment Of Clarity - 3.5/5

9. 99 Problems - 4.5/5

10. Interlude - 5/5

11. Justify My Thug - 4/5

12. Lucifer - 4/5

13. Allure - 5/5

14. My First Song - 4/5

Yep... Its a classic...

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

I consider it a "Classic"... It was the PERFECT ending to a career... This is Jordan in the final seconds over Russell...

"Justify My Thug" is a DOPE record IMO... Theres no truly AWFUL tracks on this album (thats saying a lot for a Jay Z album)... Every song serves a purpose, tho it may not have as many AMAZING tracks as other Jay albums, theres still enough Good/Great records to hold it to the classic prestige...

2. December 4th - 4/5

4. Encore - 5/5

eek.gif
)

7. Threat - 3.5/5

9. 99 Problems - 4.5/5

10. Interlude - 5/5

12. Lucifer - 4/5

13. Allure - 5/5

14. My First Song - 4/5

Yep... Its a classic...
i would like to see you rate some other songs/albums using that same scale.. you would have some 8/5s

I loved the black album, but further down the line it will not be viewed as a classic. For us at the time of release it had a whole aura to it. It wasdefinitely something special and for Jay- Z fans it definitely still is. But when people who were to young to remember what Jay was and the significance ofthis album listen to this, they won't view it like we do, or did.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

"Justify My Thug" is a DOPE record IMO... Theres no truly AWFUL tracks on this album (thats saying a lot for a Jay Z album)... Every song serves a purpose, tho it may not have as many AMAZING tracks as other Jay albums, theres still enough Good/Great records to hold it to the classic prestige...

2. December 4th - 4/5

4. Encore - 5/5

eek.gif
)

7. Threat - 3.5/5

9. 99 Problems - 4.5/5

10. Interlude - 5/5

12. Lucifer - 4/5

13. Allure - 5/5

14. My First Song - 4/5

Yep... Its a classic...
i would like to see you rate some other songs/albums using that same scale.. you would have some 8/5s

IMO this is easily the 3rd best Jay album behind only Reasonable Doubt & The Blueprint...

Im probably the only Jay Z fan that doesn't care for this album that much. LOVE Encore and December 4th. Thsoe two are some of my favorite Jay tracks ofall time. I mean it's a good album but i just never felt it like
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom