Do you give money to homeless people?

sorta off topic but I was out bombing awhile back (so i was dressed like you'd think...bag with paint, hoodie, jeans, beaters for sneakers) and in the middle of it i'm downtown and out of the corner of my eye I spot a homeless couple. anyway the guy comes towards me, stands beside me and offers me a place to sleep on his cardboard because he had a blanket/tent combo.

I felt like **** since I was going to go home to warmth, a big tv, etc.
everybody isn't out to get you or out for a quick dollar to feed a habit.
remember that.

it was wild cold outside too. I have stories for days actually when it comes to that since I'd be out late at night/early morning.

Its a no from me. There were so many in bmore by my old place. I got asked routinely about 5 times a day on average. So i just stuck with no every time. Just easier then deciding which homeless person to give money to the one time i actually have cash

**** no not no more when I found out I got finessed by the same lady three years later who apparently was “deaf” and had a “hungry baby at home” FOH with that ****

What if you keep running into the same homeless person at the same stop light daily? Y'all still giving

What if you keep running into the same homeless person at the same stop light daily? Y'all still giving
Depends. Since there's hardly any homeless people around my area I usually encounter the same one. He's generally sitting near a particular supermarket so I've given him plenty of food/water over the past few years. It seems like nobody else does. He spends the rest of his time around the local refugee shelter.

My parents came over to this country without speaking a lick of English with 100$ to their name given to them by the US government. 21years later through sheer will and dedication, they own a paid off house, have four cars, travelled the world, and now getting ready to retire. I don’t want to hear **** about homeless people suffering anymore

My parents came over to this country without speaking a lick of English with 100$ to their name given to them by the US government. 21years later through sheer will and dedication, they own a paid off house, have four cars, travelled the world, and now getting ready to retire. I don’t want to hear **** about homeless people suffering anymore
Shiiii. The US government didn't give my family a penny. You must not be black

yeah they def not black
ur famcame to this country
taking our resources and improving their quality of life
how dare ur fam
im angry

I'd rather give to the homeless than a Church
:lol: Damn

@Bend_The_Knee

#BootStraps

Interesting people still feel this way

yeah they def not black
ur famcame to this country
taking our resources and improving their quality of life
how dare ur fam
im angry
my parents were stranded out in the middle of the ocean for two weeks cuz their boat ran out of gas, got rescued, and got sent to Indonesia where they reside for five ****ing years. They somehow managed to get to America, not once did they beg for money

Last edited:

Wild

I’ve been to third world countries where the homeless doesn’t even have limbs and left out to die on the street. Then I come back home and I see these bums on the streets fully clothed holding up a sign saying need food and money when there’s a McDonald’s right across the street. Get ur *** in there and work

Edit: at least here in the US there are shelters and programs for the homeless to help them get back on their feet. Take advantage of that ****!!!! That’s a blessing

Last edited:
i rarely have cash, but if I got a couple dollars I'll give it

at that point, it's their couple dollars. what they do with it is on them. i might have financed a few highs for all I know

:lol: Damn

@Bend_The_Knee

#BootStraps

Interesting people still feel this way
I’m product of my environment bro. I understand there are circumstances where it’s nearly impossible for certain individuals to be a normal citizen again, I get it. But when I see a fully clothed-abled-body person standing on that corner holding a sign day after day month after month I feel some type of way about their character

It boggles my mind when there are so much resources to help you get back on your feet and you don’t take advantage of it or you feel some type of way about a job because you feel it degrades you as a person.. so you rather beg instead? Great. A job is a job. Put down that beer. Work. Save yo bread.

It’s not difficult to figure out.

I love America. Aside from all the conflict going on right now it’s still a great place to achieve your dream but you have to put in the work.

That’s just my 50 cent.

Usually don't but a guy hit came up to me in the parking lot at McDonald's the other day...said he's been living under the bridge etc...and he just wanted a cup to get a drink...gave him $1...saw him come out of McDonald's with the large drink cup, so kinda felt like I helped him out at least

I work in San Francisco and commute through bart 5 days a week.

That said, hell to the **** no. If you want to help homeless give to the shelters whether it be clothes, cash, grooming supplies, etc.

Nope! I use to give some youngn few bucks at times. Felt bad for kid.. randomly saw him later down the road sparking a crack pipe in public smh. Never again. Idgaf

The only time I get asked for money is outside of 7/11. Doesn't matter which one I go to. I always ask what they want it for. If it's something that they sell inside then I usually just buy it for them unless it's alcohol or cigarettes.

Question for those who give food. What if someone gave them a meal just before you did?? Ijs

No, but I would vote for Andrew Yang for President so every adult would get a $1000 month via his Freedom Dividend proposal.

I think answers will vary depending on where people live/ who they have to encounter everyday. Personally, I only give to the homeless I encounter outside of gas stations or 7-11 when I’m faded and feeling generous. Even then, I tell them they can only choose one of the big sized waters on sale and a hot meal item of their choice. They’re usually hella thankful and try to spark up a convo. Unless I’m in a hurry, I’ll sit and shoot the ish with them for a bit. They usually have sad stories...but I have two kids to feed and they’re not one of them. At least I did something.

Yes but mainly women or the elderly. If a dude looking real rough out here I’ll shoot him some doe too. But I used to always give to the homeless because my grandpops raised me too. After a while though you realize you can’t help the world and giving junkies & drunks money isn’t really helping.

I've bought food but I never give money. In the back of my head im wondering what they're going to spend it on. Especially if they're a regular where they're asking for money.

Back
Top Bottom