Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

Let's hope so, cuz no one should ever have to worry about the quality of a $150 product. Especially one that is supposed to represent so much "status" like we put on our Air Jordans

Let's hope so, cuz no one should ever have to worry about the quality of a $150 product. Especially one that is supposed to represent so much "status" like we put on our Air Jordans

I also bought the playoff 13's and the leather seems pretty much acceptable in my book!

I also bought the playoff 13's and the leather seems pretty much acceptable in my book!

the only down fall about jb quality the is the use of to much suede instead of leather !! no more suede or nubuck jb no more
tired.gif

the only down fall about jb quality the is the use of to much suede instead of leather !! no more suede or nubuck jb no more
tired.gif

the leather on the toe box of the 3s felt like paper towel. very disappointed, hopefully they are actually trying to up the quality.

the leather on the toe box of the 3s felt like paper towel. very disappointed, hopefully they are actually trying to up the quality.

Originally Posted by budgetballin

paper towel...really?
the leather on the 3's was actually pretty good. very soft, durable, felt REAL...as opposed to the fire reds

i aint a quality expert but i thnk the cements was alot better than the fire reds

Originally Posted by budgetballin

paper towel...really?
the leather on the 3's was actually pretty good. very soft, durable, felt REAL...as opposed to the fire reds

i aint a quality expert but i thnk the cements was alot better than the fire reds

Originally Posted by poonsaloon

Just got my pair of XIII Playoffs and the quality of materials and craftsmanship were very good IMO. So far the trend on overall quality for the Retro's has been going up since the XI Cool Grey's dropped. Keep it coming JB!!

I agree, that the quality is getting better but what was the thought process behind producing bad quality shoes to began with.

Originally Posted by poonsaloon

Just got my pair of XIII Playoffs and the quality of materials and craftsmanship were very good IMO. So far the trend on overall quality for the Retro's has been going up since the XI Cool Grey's dropped. Keep it coming JB!!

I agree, that the quality is getting better but what was the thought process behind producing bad quality shoes to began with.

compared to the retros being made from 2000 to 2004, the recent years of Retros, actually since the re-retro
of the AJ 7 and AJ 8, the quality has been better in terms of shape and the used leather.

Also the clear soles of the AJ11 re-retros are looking icy again and not yellowish from the beginning.

But at the moment I still can see that the contemporary Jordans have usually better leather than the retros somehow.

compared to the retros being made from 2000 to 2004, the recent years of Retros, actually since the re-retro
of the AJ 7 and AJ 8, the quality has been better in terms of shape and the used leather.

Also the clear soles of the AJ11 re-retros are looking icy again and not yellowish from the beginning.

But at the moment I still can see that the contemporary Jordans have usually better leather than the retros somehow.

I think the quality on the 13s and the 3s this year have been pretty nice. I have nothing to complain about with my pairs... I'm very happy with them. I just messed up and bought a size 10 instead of a 9.5 in my white/red 13s. I'm still searching for a 9.5, so p.m. me if you can point me in the right direction.

I think the quality on the 13s and the 3s this year have been pretty nice. I have nothing to complain about with my pairs... I'm very happy with them. I just messed up and bought a size 10 instead of a 9.5 in my white/red 13s. I'm still searching for a 9.5, so p.m. me if you can point me in the right direction.

I would hope so....but I haven't seen any evidence yet. All of the recent retro's I have seen were
sick.gif
sick.gif
 in a bad way.

For example, the III is one of my favorite shoes of all time, specifically the Cement version......and I had no interest in buying a pair this time around, the look was off, the materials were crap, and I am not supporting that. They think they can throw some crap in a redesigned OG style box and we will all buy it.....not me.

I would hope so....but I haven't seen any evidence yet. All of the recent retro's I have seen were
sick.gif
sick.gif
 in a bad way.

For example, the III is one of my favorite shoes of all time, specifically the Cement version......and I had no interest in buying a pair this time around, the look was off, the materials were crap, and I am not supporting that. They think they can throw some crap in a redesigned OG style box and we will all buy it.....not me.

It sucks that I wasn't around for the "good years" of quality. Growing up I guess I was used to things being wrong with my pairs(only minor though). Nowadays it feels like I'm almost expecting something to be wrong with my pair. My last pickup was the playoff xiii and my pair was solid. I can overlook quality at times if its a sneaker I really want, but other times I'm 
sick.gif
. Bottom line for me is, if I really want the sneaker for my collection, I'm going to get it. A lot of my friends stopped buying J's because of quality issues
tired.gif

It sucks that I wasn't around for the "good years" of quality. Growing up I guess I was used to things being wrong with my pairs(only minor though). Nowadays it feels like I'm almost expecting something to be wrong with my pair. My last pickup was the playoff xiii and my pair was solid. I can overlook quality at times if its a sneaker I really want, but other times I'm 
sick.gif
. Bottom line for me is, if I really want the sneaker for my collection, I'm going to get it. A lot of my friends stopped buying J's because of quality issues
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom