Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

Originally Posted by bigj505

the feel of the cdp11s was terrible as well as materials like the leather on the heel and the 23 on the back ankle (falls off after a few wears for some people)

they were i sold my pair after 2 wears the cg xi & cement 2011 were both great & those sj's were downright horrible stop lying to yourselves boysplayoff xiiibord viirest until banned 1,white/blk/red 1,chi x, or concords drop
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by bigj505

the feel of the cdp11s was terrible as well as materials like the leather on the heel and the 23 on the back ankle (falls off after a few wears for some people)

they were i sold my pair after 2 wears the cg xi & cement 2011 were both great & those sj's were downright horrible stop lying to yourselves boysplayoff xiiibord viirest until banned 1,white/blk/red 1,chi x, or concords drop
smokin.gif

IT SEEMS THAT SOME SHOES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS, LIKE THEY TRY TO MAKE SOME PERFECT WHILE THEY SLACK ON OTHERS. (QUALITY WISE)

IT SEEMS THAT SOME SHOES ARE BETTER THAN OTHERS, LIKE THEY TRY TO MAKE SOME PERFECT WHILE THEY SLACK ON OTHERS. (QUALITY WISE)

Yes... my 09 white/red XII's are incredible. The OG model was a tank to begin with, but these Retros are holding up ncely all the same.

My 04 XII obsidian lows lasted for over 5 years of regular indoor and outdoor bball beating.

The 2010 Team's are amazing too - durable and fits the foot nicely.

Yes... my 09 white/red XII's are incredible. The OG model was a tank to begin with, but these Retros are holding up ncely all the same.

My 04 XII obsidian lows lasted for over 5 years of regular indoor and outdoor bball beating.

The 2010 Team's are amazing too - durable and fits the foot nicely.

While they are different shoes, the leather on the fire red v's vs the leather on the perimeter of the 2011 cement IIIs is way better IMO. The tumbled on the MS VIs is Sooommuch nicer than the cement IIIs. Having said that, seems more like JB is improving the quality since the horrid CDP quality.

While they are different shoes, the leather on the fire red v's vs the leather on the perimeter of the 2011 cement IIIs is way better IMO. The tumbled on the MS VIs is Sooommuch nicer than the cement IIIs. Having said that, seems more like JB is improving the quality since the horrid CDP quality.

Originally Posted by LilManiak23

dont see OG quality ever happening

I agree, the times have changed, the economy has changed, the cost of fabrics and leathers have changed.  
People just need to take the good with the bad or just buy OG's or older retros.  It's that simple.  

IMO, JB started the year right with these 3's, they are decently made.  The leather (up for discussion) is durable.  .

The only worry is, if the midsoles will hold up.   Time will tell. 

Originally Posted by LilManiak23

dont see OG quality ever happening

I agree, the times have changed, the economy has changed, the cost of fabrics and leathers have changed.  
People just need to take the good with the bad or just buy OG's or older retros.  It's that simple.  

IMO, JB started the year right with these 3's, they are decently made.  The leather (up for discussion) is durable.  .

The only worry is, if the midsoles will hold up.   Time will tell. 

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I agree. The last few releases I bashed, before grabbing a pair, has been pretty good quality which made me put my foot in my mouth once I bought and wore the shoes and felt a big difference in quality. Some might disagree but I personally see and feel the difference(s).

I think that JB will "probably" not release any future releases in the same quality as the OG's but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. If JB wants to keep gaining profits yearly, JB needs to keep focusing on the quality, at least close to the OG quality, to make people happy enough to keep buying his product if he wants to keep his dedicated and loyal collectors/buyers in the future.

people up until now just buy the shoes for their colorway, not because of quality, but more people are starting to notice and complain about the quality, and imo if the quality on say concords isnt up to par then people wotn cop, cause what good is a dope CW if the quality isnt good?

I see JB dying anyways in 2013 due to not having enough to keep us interested, they really need to stop releasing the same old stuff so often if they want us to keep buying their crappy quality kicks

Originally Posted by babyJs23

I agree. The last few releases I bashed, before grabbing a pair, has been pretty good quality which made me put my foot in my mouth once I bought and wore the shoes and felt a big difference in quality. Some might disagree but I personally see and feel the difference(s).

I think that JB will "probably" not release any future releases in the same quality as the OG's but I will continue to keep my fingers crossed. If JB wants to keep gaining profits yearly, JB needs to keep focusing on the quality, at least close to the OG quality, to make people happy enough to keep buying his product if he wants to keep his dedicated and loyal collectors/buyers in the future.

people up until now just buy the shoes for their colorway, not because of quality, but more people are starting to notice and complain about the quality, and imo if the quality on say concords isnt up to par then people wotn cop, cause what good is a dope CW if the quality isnt good?

I see JB dying anyways in 2013 due to not having enough to keep us interested, they really need to stop releasing the same old stuff so often if they want us to keep buying their crappy quality kicks

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

thing is...they wouldn't have to try. If they wanted to re-implement OG quality they would simply do it.
i get what your saying but nike has lost alot of molds for those earlier shoes so nothing will be exact.   

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

thing is...they wouldn't have to try. If they wanted to re-implement OG quality they would simply do it.
i get what your saying but nike has lost alot of molds for those earlier shoes so nothing will be exact.   

Seems like everytime a shoe is made, the quality and material is drawn out of a hat. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. Majority of anticipated J's sell out, so JB is happy, whats our complaints matter to them in the grand scheme of things? Only few are able to put their foot down and refuse to buy some of the most iconic and original colorways just because of the quality. It is the majority of us that are still suckered in and cannot resist. JB knows this. As far as Im concerned, theyll probably always be apart of my bills.

Seems like everytime a shoe is made, the quality and material is drawn out of a hat. Sometimes its good, sometimes its bad. Majority of anticipated J's sell out, so JB is happy, whats our complaints matter to them in the grand scheme of things? Only few are able to put their foot down and refuse to buy some of the most iconic and original colorways just because of the quality. It is the majority of us that are still suckered in and cannot resist. JB knows this. As far as Im concerned, theyll probably always be apart of my bills.

I think as a brand, It's hard to make things like you used to especially with the money thing. But I
can see that they try. I initially dissed the cool greys just because of the pictures I've seen before
they release. When I saw them in person, they were alright and had better quality than the space
jams. So I think they try and fail at times.

I think as a brand, It's hard to make things like you used to especially with the money thing. But I
can see that they try. I initially dissed the cool greys just because of the pictures I've seen before
they release. When I saw them in person, they were alright and had better quality than the space
jams. So I think they try and fail at times.

Back
Top Bottom