Do you guys think Lil Wayne knows he lost it?

quality > quanity

dude can make a track like pootie tang and not say **** on it. and it will be a #1 hit over night. just the way it goes

Wayne is the biggest name/star in Hip-Hop AS OF RIGHT NOW. Not even debatable.

However, Yeezus makes the best music in Hip-Hop AS OF RIGHT NOW. Now this is debatable, but that's jus' my opinion.

Originally Posted by doyung9

He's this generation's Tupac.

Now before you all go crucifying me, hear me out. I am in no way comparing his lyrical abilities, discography, overall talent, none of that.

What I'm comparing is the way the mainstream (pop radio, pop tv, popular anything) see him.

Some of the younger heads on this board might not know this, but Pac wasn't the gangster he died as, just like Wayne isn't the Magnolia soldier he claims to be. However, both are very charismatic, and they look the part to people who don't see the "hood" everyday (aka WHITE AMERICA). In the 90s, Pac looked like what a gangster rapper description. The bald head, the du-rag, being with Suge and Snoop. He looked the part to these people, he rapped the life to these people, and with a little entertainment magic, that's who he is. Lil Wayne is what every suburban white family is afraid their daughter will bring home in rebellion. The dreadlocks, the tattoos, the teeth. Yet, at the same time, they're infatuated and hypnotized by it.

Forget that Pac used to be a DANCER for digital underground. Didn't matter. Lil Wayne has been on a tour bus since before he was a teen. He's never been shot, except for that time he shot himself on accident and almost killed himself. Ever notice he likes to reference "when I got shot" not "when I shot myself". Being shot is synonymous with living "that life" to people outside the actual life.

If mainstream America even sat down for ONE minute and really broke down who Lil Wayne is now, a gangster rapping, blunt blowing, polo draws showing, skateboarding, fake guitar playing crooner, who "went to jail", most of their common sense would kick in and be like, none of this is real.

But they don't want to. And they're not going to. So if Lil Wayne has lost anything, I don't know what it is. Because it sure isn't fans.

Simply put. He isn't rapping for us anymore. He's rapping for the kids on the "other site"
Pac never tried to hide the D.U. back up dancer thing...plus...he didn't start rappin that gangsta ++%+ until he started going to jail all of the time for the dumbest ++%+ and got shot...he always wouls talk about how he didn't consider himself a thug because he "wanna rob you and rape you" he just felt that he came from the dirt and made something of himself (which by all accounts is exactly what he did) EVERYBODY...bout that life or not...knew Pac was tryna educate until he got shot and locked up then he just had so much anger it had to come out lyrically. the situations (wayne and Pac's) are NOT the same. Wayne wants us to think he sold drugs and GOT shot...Pac on multiple occasions said he didn't do ++%+ like that when he was younger and that he didn't start gettin in trouble until he got famous.  

^ I agree with both of yall points. You can make the Pac comparison as far as appeal. The huge difference though is that nomatter how mainstream Pac got he always put some real sh!# in his music. He knew how influential he was and he always had a message. Wayne is flat out puttin out BS for 16 year olds. I can't hate though cause dude is makin millions off them but as good as he is he can have some balance.

Wayne has not changed since Carter III....that much is fact.

He's just getting stale.

I can see change from C1 to C2 to C3. C3 is C4......I heard 6'7 and thought C4 would be C2 wayne, nope.

This is a pretty enlightning post..considering i dont listen to Weezy and never have.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I think he's just on cruise control, putting in minimal effort, since he knows he can put out anything, and it'll go Gold first week. Sorta like how Em took it easy for awhile.
Em admitted that relapse was whack and encore as well (3rd verse of talking 2 myself as well as in I'm Afraid), recovery was better than both of em, but it certainly wasn't as good as infinite, mm lp, or ss lp (it had that old em feel though)....weezy is the radio's/ mainstream's hit because that's what they like, just because you're on the radio DOES NOT mean that you are "good", it just means that the public wants to hear you....the public doesn't always choose the best person on a lot of topics besides music....popular doesn't mean the best.
Weezy's beats are the reason I like listening to him, but not really his rhymes....imo he's not really "saying anything" like say J Cole, XV, Kendrick, or Em do...I mean sure he's talking about his life and stuff, but it doesn't seem genuine to me....I'm sure he realizes he can just put out sub par stuff and have it be a hit, because the audience isn't as sensitive as say Em's audience, weezy's fans will buy it anyways and even if some don't, there's enough hype on the album that there's always another person waiting to buy....there's a reason why he didn't do another rock album though, cause it wasn't popular, I'm sure he focuses on what people think of his stuff and bases his next piece of work on that.

Back
Top Bottom