do you have a moral problem with collegiate players accepting money?

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Umm Masoli has a degree already and is in grad school. so whats your point about parks & rec?

that the idea of these dudes actually working hard in school is bs

Umm Masoli has a degree already and is in grad school. so whats your point about parks & rec?

that the idea of these dudes actually working hard in school is bs

Originally Posted by dreClark

At the same time,  people undervalue the commitment it takes to be a high major D1 student/athlete
sorry, not buying it ...

if you have the god given ability this is the easiest path in life ... you can get your college tuition paid for and all you have to do is play a game ... attend practice, workout in the offseason and chill ...

as for going to class ... you have to attend class just like everyone else and during your season you have to go to practice instead of playing video games ... once the season is over you do nothing but work out and coast ...

At the same time,  people undervalue the commitment it takes to be a high major D1 student/athlete
sorry, not buying it ...

if you have the god given ability this is the easiest path in life ... you can get your college tuition paid for and all you have to do is play a game ... attend practice, workout in the offseason and chill ...

as for going to class ... you have to attend class just like everyone else and during your season you have to go to practice instead of playing video games ... once the season is over you do nothing but work out and coast ...

yea and you would know. lol

i guess its naive to think that these dudes would be given money yet expected to put in the same amount of work as a regular student. i dont think this applies everywhere but def to the elite programs.

yea and you would know. lol

i guess its naive to think that these dudes would be given money yet expected to put in the same amount of work as a regular student. i dont think this applies everywhere but def to the elite programs.

I dont blame the players but at the same time its not fair to the players who obey the rules and resist the temptation of accepting money or other 'gifts'.

It's like taking performance enhancing drugs...I dont blame athletes for wanting to maximize their ability but at the same time its wrong in the sense that there are rules against its usage and many athletes obey the rules.

I dont blame the players but at the same time its not fair to the players who obey the rules and resist the temptation of accepting money or other 'gifts'.

It's like taking performance enhancing drugs...I dont blame athletes for wanting to maximize their ability but at the same time its wrong in the sense that there are rules against its usage and many athletes obey the rules.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

sorry, not buying it ...

There's no coasting in the off-season. Dudes are still playing full court, shooting, doing drills and spending more time on each area since there aren't any time restrictions.  Plus most players take summer classes, play in tournaments in the Caribbean, over seas, Vegas, etc.

And when practice is at six am everyday, lift at 5, and shooting and playing in the afternoon from 4-6, they're not exactly chilling.

sorry, not buying it ...

There's no coasting in the off-season. Dudes are still playing full court, shooting, doing drills and spending more time on each area since there aren't any time restrictions.  Plus most players take summer classes, play in tournaments in the Caribbean, over seas, Vegas, etc.

And when practice is at six am everyday, lift at 5, and shooting and playing in the afternoon from 4-6, they're not exactly chilling.

sorry, not buying it ...

god given ability? how bout give credit to their work ethic...
you don't just wake up one day and become a great player. you work your %!% off to get to where you are.

sorry, not buying it ...

god given ability? how bout give credit to their work ethic...
you don't just wake up one day and become a great player. you work your %!% off to get to where you are.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

i dont blame them for taking money. All these Colleges are making money off them.
Thanks for regurgitating what you hear on ESPN...Any thoughts of your own?
Hell no they shouldn't be paid. If you're lucky enough to receive free school, free shelter, and a very good food allowance via football scholarship that's more than a privelege. 

The commitment for these athletes is tough, but the NFL is a very exclusive bunch. You HAVE to work hard to get there. You think med students and law students wouldn't have a bone to pick with these dudes if they got paid? They have way more to pay back to their alma mater(s) in terms of actually paying for school and they're working harder many years longer than the best college athletes who actually do get to move on to the pro's. And I'm talking 8 years in total, at least, of hard work....And that's only to get to their equivalent of the pros.

That's working for your dues. And don't give me a lazy argument of injury ruining a life. The education is supposed to counter act that "tragedy." You go to school to learn. Giving these kids money teaches them NOTHING.

Why do you think many of these athletes get to the pros and a few years after they're out of the league they've blown all their money and they're broke? Becaues EVERYTHING is handed to them. They aren't taught responsiblity. Paying college athletes would be a huge mistake. It's not a testament to all athletes of course, but the ones getting paid are the usually the ones that are on the NFL's radar anyway, and not the other way around....At least those are the ones that get caught.

I could go on.. 

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

i dont blame them for taking money. All these Colleges are making money off them.
Thanks for regurgitating what you hear on ESPN...Any thoughts of your own?
Hell no they shouldn't be paid. If you're lucky enough to receive free school, free shelter, and a very good food allowance via football scholarship that's more than a privelege. 

The commitment for these athletes is tough, but the NFL is a very exclusive bunch. You HAVE to work hard to get there. You think med students and law students wouldn't have a bone to pick with these dudes if they got paid? They have way more to pay back to their alma mater(s) in terms of actually paying for school and they're working harder many years longer than the best college athletes who actually do get to move on to the pro's. And I'm talking 8 years in total, at least, of hard work....And that's only to get to their equivalent of the pros.

That's working for your dues. And don't give me a lazy argument of injury ruining a life. The education is supposed to counter act that "tragedy." You go to school to learn. Giving these kids money teaches them NOTHING.

Why do you think many of these athletes get to the pros and a few years after they're out of the league they've blown all their money and they're broke? Becaues EVERYTHING is handed to them. They aren't taught responsiblity. Paying college athletes would be a huge mistake. It's not a testament to all athletes of course, but the ones getting paid are the usually the ones that are on the NFL's radar anyway, and not the other way around....At least those are the ones that get caught.

I could go on.. 

sorry, not buying it ...

Definitely one of the stupidest things that I've ever read in my life.

Back
Top Bottom