Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Every Federal government employee before getting hired should have to pass an exam showing they know how to use a computer.

This exam should consist of:

1. Powering on/off a computer.
2. Opening an internet browser.
3. Going to a website.
4. Sending/reading/opening up an email

That is it.
r/oddlyspecific

If you've ever worked for government, there are a lot of people who are computer illiterate. Sometimes it's because your dept. Is using tech that is decades and decades old. I felt bad for our IT dept.

If you've ever worked for government, there are a lot of people who are computer illiterate. Sometimes it's because your dept. Is using tech that is decades and decades old. I felt bad for our IT dept.
QFT! Used to work for 1 of the wealthiest county in the US (San Mateo). Contacted help desk almost every day regarding servers being down..etc..

Google and instagram headquarters right down the street yet I can’t even clock in for work 3 day out the week

Take into account your milage will vary with how illiterate they are depending on the level of government (city, county, state, ect.) and which department it is.

If you get an offer, see if you can talk to members of the IT team to get the skinny on how an average day is like.

Every Federal government employee before getting hired should have to pass an exam showing they know how to use a computer.

This exam should consist of:

1. Powering on/off a computer.
2. Opening an internet browser.
3. Going to a website.
4. Sending/reading/opening up an email

That is it.
Also how to save files and find said saved files.

State workers here in CA took the shaft when covid hit

I know it’s not the norm but still.. seeing some of “the most stable jobs” get hit like that was a shock to me

I hate the push for high protein or low carb versions of foods that aren't meant to be nutritious. My girlfriend has a bunch of food hang-ups and always tries to buy things like protein waffles, protein cookie dough, etc. She has me try them and I tell her the same thing every time: they don't taste good. The texture always sucks, they're bland, and they don't do a good job at scratching any junk food itch.

I'd much rather just eat lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains for my daily diet and have some occasional treats. At some point you have to acknowledge you're not making your diet any better, you're just making your desserts much worse.

Last edited:
I hate the push for high protein or low carb versions of foods that aren't meant to be nutritious. My girlfriend has a bunch of food hang-ups and always tries to buy things like protein waffles, protein cookie dough, etc. She has me try them and I tell her the same thing every time: they don't taste good. The texture always sucks, they're bland, and they don't do a good job at scratching any junk food itch.

I'd much rather just eat lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and whole grains for my daily diet and have some occasional treats. At some point you have to acknowledge you're not making your diet any better, you're just making your desserts much worse.
Same. I think in my weight loss journey I’ve had 0 of those “protein pancake” type jawns

I mainly eat consistently clean 60-80% of the week and eat a lot looser that weekend.

Just had some Taco Bell last night for the first time in months too :lol:

I remember one time my mother in law was on keto and had me make her “keto pancakes” from a box she bought and them thangs looked disgusting

Same. I think in my weight loss journey I’ve had 0 of those “protein pancake” type jawns

I mainly eat consistently clean 60-80% of the week and eat a lot looser that weekend.

Just had some Taco Bell last night for the first time in months too :lol:

I remember one time my mother in law was on keto and had me make her “keto pancakes” from a box she bought and them thangs looked disgusting
People get so crazy with their diets and their expectations when they'd be much better suited making subtle, gradual changes with consistent eating and exercise habits.

I understand that it might not yield as drastic of results right away, but starting off on a fad diet is building a foundation on sand.

Eating primarily whole, nutritious foods then just having the bad thing when it's time to have the thing is the way to go. The substitutes are like slow torture vs that 1 bad meal not making a blip in progress.

People get so crazy with their diets and their expectations when they'd be much better suited making subtle, gradual changes with consistent eating and exercise habits.

I understand that it might not yield as drastic of results right away, but starting off on a fad diet is building a foundation on sand.
Not to mention I don’t know anyone who lost a significant amount of weight on something like a keto diet and held it off.. they all relapse on their diet and put it all back on once they’re done.

Slow gradual weight loss, a realistic diet, understanding your food intake / calorie intake >>> any fads..

But I don’t hate on peeps who do them.. do you at the end of the day ya know. But I know what worked for me, and I’m interested to see how well I keep it off once my cut is over.

I think it's good that people have the choices nowadays. I found some protein bars at work that tastes almost as good as some candy bars or pastries and I've definitely noticed a difference when it comes to how I feel after.

I'm a fan of the Kodiak Cakes brand of pancake/waffle mix. It's basically a protein pumped mix and It's much better if you make it into waffles.

Back
Top Bottom