Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

The Wire is better.
I remember watching the wire as a youth and the anticipation of the next episode from week-to-week. Then in the 2010's I saw the non-stop slurpage on here with the Wire and kind of thought it was overrated. Now, almost 20 years after the show debuted. I truly think its the perfect show. Flawless. I have even come to appreciate the 5th season. Hard for me to name a better drama tbh.

absolutely love breaking bad but the big flaw to me is how incompetent the police/fbi were and how reckless walt and jesse moved. If you took daniel's crew and put them in bb, walt would be done within 2 months. Gus, 3.

regardless, Mad Men is the goat show

absolutely love breaking bad but the big flaw to me is how incompetent the police/fbi were and how reckless walt and jesse moved. If you took daniel's crew and put them in bb, walt would be done within 2 months. Gus, 3.

regardless, Mad Men is the goat show
First of all it was the DEA smh

Lol jk

But I see that point.. I also think that it’s sorta realistic.. how often is the DEA really catching these huge masterminds? They (Gus, Walt) through decent hoops to keep things covered up once Walt got established.

The Wire, The Sopranos, & GoT all have the same problem: the final seasons were confusing and lazy. Breaking Bad didn't have that problem. Strong show, from pilot episode to series finale.

-foe

The only difference is that BB got rid of its slowness up front so you dont remember it. It didn't really focus until the end of season 2. The Wire had one messy season (5), arguably 2 (2).

I personally liked the way they ended the Sopranos. Just because the ending is controversial doesn't make it bad.

I never watched tv shows like that. When people talk about sopranos, wire, GoT etc I feel left out :lol:

Binge watching them now won't feel the same as watching them when they were coming out weekly so I don't even bother

I never watched tv shows like that. When people talk about sopranos, wire, GoT etc I feel left out :lol:

Binge watching them now won't feel the same as watching them when they were coming out weekly so I don't even bother
I think that's the wrong path to take, sure you won't have the same experience as when it was current, but you also escape all the waiting between episodes and seasons and take it in at your once.

Also talking about a show with a bunch of people is also overrated. All you need is one person who is a fan of the show already (they love introducing new acolytes to something they loved) or another person who is as new to the franchise as you are.

I think you're missing out on a lot of great storytelling by staying away.

I'm watching Seinfeld for the first time.

I don't give a damn about not being able to have water cooler talks with people about it.

If I've never seen it, it is new To me. That's all that matters.

Disagree^ - watching shows is about connecting with people over something shared also. Not being able to do that definitely takes away from it…same reason why watching a great movie in a full theater right when it releases is still the best “experience”. We’re social animals.

Disagree^ - watching shows is about connecting with people over something shared also. Not being able to do that definitely takes away from it…same reason why watching a great movie in a full theater right when it releases is still the best “experience”. We’re social animals.

That can be how it works for you but it doesn't work that way for me.

I don't give a damn about not being able to have water cooler talks with people about it.

Your movie example is something different. Atmosphere and energy within a venue can elevate the experience for sure. I agree with THAT.

Funny thing is most people watched these shows years later. I think Sons of Anarchy is the only on I watched as it was happening.

Ya but like red dune red dune said, someone who has seen those shows and is a fan of them will enjoy talking about it with someone who is watching it for the first time.

Only big show I watched as it came out was GoT.

I watched all of Breaking Bad way past when it was over with. Same with most other shows I’ve seen. The office and others.

watching shows is about connecting with people over something shared also. Not being able to do that definitely takes away from it…same reason why watching a great movie in a full theater right when it releases is still the best “experience”. We’re social animals.
This logic is founded on the idea that you HAVE to watch movies in theaters and TV shows immediately upon release in order to discuss them, and that is simply not true. People talk about stuff from the past constantly.

-foe

Something about shows getting super popular like that turns me off. Tbh, I never watched a minutes of any of those shows. The Wire, Breaking Bad(never seen a second), GoT ect. If I don’t find it on my own, Im probably not going to watch it.

Something about shows getting super popular like that turns me off. Tbh, I never watched a minutes of any of those shows. The Wire, Breaking Bad(never seen a second), GoT ect. If I don’t find it on my own, Im probably not going to watch it.

I understand. By time you watch it you probably feel like there is no way it was going to live up to the hype.

Whenever you do get around to watching The Wire don’t let them trick you into thinking season 2 is so groundbreaking. It sucks. But there’s thesis in the Official Wire thread trying to justify it.

Back
Top Bottom