Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Yep. Takes all of 10 seconds to rinse and place in dishwasher if you do it right away

I might not worry about rinsing if I ran my dishwasher daily but I don't like the idea of plates with food debris sitting in there for any period of time
Modern dishwashers use 4-6 gallons per load. The average faucet flow rate is about 2 gallons per minute. I’ve cut back on pre-rinsing because its mostly unnecessary and a waste.

I grew up basically rinsing dishes spotless before putting into the dishwasher. Pots, pans, tupperware, etc got hand washed. Now I do a good scrape into the trash then straight into the dishwasher. Light pre-rinse if necessary with everything dishwasher safe going in. We run it every 1-3 days because is fills up quick between pots/pans and blender bottles.

Modern dishwashers use 4-6 gallons per load. The average faucet flow rate is about 2 gallons per minute. I’ve cut back on pre-rinsing because its mostly unnecessary and a waste.

I grew up basically rinsing dishes spotless before putting into the dishwasher. Pots, pans, tupperware, etc got hand washed. Now I do a good scrape into the trash then straight into the dishwasher. Light pre-rinse if necessary with everything dishwasher safe going in. We run it every 1-3 days because is fills up quick between pots/pans and blender bottles.

I hear ya. I try to avoid endlessly running it as much as possible. I know I'm too ocd with the rinse

Don't want to get too caught up on rinse vs no rinse though. The majority of things definitely do not need it

Only plates, silverware, glasses, storage containers in the dishwasher for me. With so many things that still need to be hand-washed I can't imagine wanting to add to that

Things like lawns, Golf courses, almond farms etc definitely waste water

You don't have to pay for it if you own water rights/have a well, a rain catch system or you wanna live by a river :lol:

"Convenience" costs money.

I have a lot of friends in fraternities, and I have an unpopular opinion that they're kind of culty and the pledge process a lot of the time is completely disrespectful and over the top (D9 frats/sororities). Where I went to undergrad for two years, its the alpha chapter for a frat which means its where it started. i had a few friends try to get me to do it and i was like nah im good. One of our friends was the dean of the next pledge class and i had two friends pledge. Dude they pledged for like 4-5 months.

I'd help them out a lot with requests their pledge dads or whatever would ask of them. Sometimes they would ask to sell weed for them. Sometimes they'll ask them for a ride two-three hours away, etc. One night two of my friends came over my crib after a night at the frat house during pledging and i noticed they were both limping like real bad and my homie couldn't raise one of his arms. turns out they had the fattest frat brother sit on their backs while they were doing push ups and he tore his rotator cuff lmao. So when he went home for thanksgiving break, his mom asked wth happened and he told her. Reported it for hazing and everything and he basically dropped the line.

I have a lot of friends in fraternities, and I have an unpopular opinion that they're kind of culty and the pledge process a lot of the time is completely disrespectful and over the top (D9 frats/sororities). Where I went to undergrad for two years, its the alpha chapter for a frat which means its where it started. i had a few friends try to get me to do it and i was like nah im good. One of our friends was the dean of the next pledge class and i had two friends pledge. Dude they pledged for like 4-5 months.

I'd help them out a lot with requests their pledge dads or whatever would ask of them. Sometimes they would ask to sell weed for them. Sometimes they'll ask them for a ride two-three hours away, etc. One night two of my friends came over my crib after a night at the frat house during pledging and i noticed they were both limping like real bad and my homie couldn't raise one of his arms. turns out they had the fattest frat brother sit on their backs while they were doing push ups and he tore his rotator cuff lmao. So when he went home for thanksgiving break, his mom asked wth happened and he told her. Reported it for hazing and everything and he basically dropped the line.

You made the right choice.

Don't sell yourself out.

The real problem with society right now isn’t equality, misogyny, feminism, it’s consumerism/capitalism. People will say anything in the name of making content or providing an product in order to make money. Especially since we found out people are more prone to react to negativity. A lot of “content” is just to either stir the pot or confirm bias. Disingenuously most of the time. Here comes the unpopular opinion part. I think Youtube should change the way they pay. It should work more like Patreon and Twitch. If people would’ve had to pay to hear these people talk, the man-o-sphere would’ve never happened. Posting clips of other people’s videos wouldn’t even be viable. What does YT vids have to do with consumerism, capitalism and its effects on society? Take away the platform that incentivizes people saying whatever for attention(money) and people will stop looking at screens for answers and start actually talking to people, asking questions and seeking their own truth or even discover a new one.

The real problem with society right now isn’t equality, misogyny, feminism, it’s consumerism/capitalism. People will say anything in the name of making content or providing an product in order to make money. Especially since we found out people are more prone to react to negativity. A lot of “content” is just to either stir the pot or confirm bias. Disingenuously most of the time. Here comes the unpopular opinion part. I think Youtube should change the way they pay. It should work more like Patreon and Twitch. If people would’ve had to pay to hear these people talk, the man-o-sphere would’ve never happened. Posting clips of other people’s videos wouldn’t even be viable. What does YT vids have to do with consumerism, capitalism and its effects on society? Take away the platform that incentivizes people saying whatever for attention(money) and people will stop looking at screens for answers and start actually talking to people, asking questions and seeking their own truth or even discover a new one.

This all supports my Internet in the 2000s and 90s>Internet in the 2010s and 2020s position

Things like lawns, Golf courses, almond farms etc definitely waste water

You don't have to pay for it if you own water rights/have a well, a rain catch system or you wanna live by a river :lol:

"Convenience" costs money.
A lawn only wastes water if you water it. My lawn knows the most I'm giving it is dirty mop water and sudsy soap runoff from patio furniture or car wash.:lol:

A lot of people water their lawns. Water restrictions exist for a reason.

Car washing falls into the same category. It's crazy how many car washes keep popping up.

Need a ban on opening dollar general, dollar type stores, gas stations, car washes and breweries.

Back
Top Bottom