Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I've never bought into the "moved production overseas" so the quality drops argument. It's more the level of QC and quantities produced rather than it actually being made overseas that's usually the issue.

But either way I think you'll be fine. Doesn't seem like yourlll be wearing it very hard. It's the guys like mplsdunk mplsdunk that actually use their workwear for work that seem to have real issues. The fashion crowd just likes to complain.

I've got quite a bit of Filson gear and very little of it is made in the US. A certain crowd will tell you that Filson has gone to **** since moving a lot production outside of the US (some things are still made here), but I've seen no real difference in quality. I've got US-made Filson stuff, but also have stuff made in Portugal, Italy, and across the far east, and it's all phenomenal, especially the outerwear stuff.

The more valid argument against them is outsourcing production AND raising prices combined with some questionable design stuff and some attempts at collaborations and making some product that is more fashion-forward and less "authentic" workwear, but I think all of those reasons are a bit overblown.

My 🇺🇸 filson is still just regular shirts. It’s not like it could defend me from a bullet or something.

Unpopular opinion:
I actually hate Costco for the most part
-got rid of the polish glizzy
-I have no use for bulk stock of much of anything, and in the stuff I do, they usually don’t have the exact brand and type I use
-the parking lots for the ones near me are always a damn madhouse. It pisses me off just driving near the parking lot.
-one time I went and got a corn dip we really liked.. went back for more a few weeks later and they didn’t have it at all anymore. Pissed me right off.

That's pretty much a fact though, capitalism.

Sort of. But people confuse the widespread availability of cheap, low quality stuff with a weird nostalgia abiut the old days being better. Low quality stuff has always been low quality and high quality has always been high quality. It's just never been so easy and cheap to get so much low quality stuff.

What did you cop twin?
Ranger Crewman.

I like how basic it is. It’s a dry wax finish and has zero Filson branding on the outer except for the buttons I think.

Also got it for far under retail :pimp:

IMG_9819.jpeg

IMG_9820.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom