Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

What's wrong with it?
Wrong; what's WRONG with it?
Not 'Why don't you like it?'
What is LOW BAR about what Re_ick did?
As far as coaching a team goes... which is what he was hired to do... what is wrong with that action?
ADVERTISEMENT​

What's wrong with it?
Wrong; what's WRONG with it?
Not 'Why don't you like it?'
What is LOW BAR about what Re_ick did?
As far as coaching a team goes... which is what he was hired to do... what is wrong with that action?
Just unnecessary man. Ant does a lot of cussing in press conferences as well. I guess it's a way to be "Authentic" or whatever but I'm not a fan of the lack of professionalism in those settings.

ADVERTISEMENT​

Just unnecessary man. Ant does a lot of cussing in press conferences as well. I guess it's a way to be "Authentic" or whatever but I'm not a fan of the lack of professionalism in those settings.
So you consider press conferences a professional setting?

So you consider press conferences a professional setting?
Nah, they aren't professional settings but the expectation in life isn't to only act professionally in professional settings.

As a head coach you should be conducting yourself in a professional manner especially when you are suited up being introduced to your new franchise for the first time.

Cussing while being asked THAT question was just a waste of cussing in public.

waste of cussing....another WoC :lol:

personally, im torn on the cussing thing during these press conferences tbh. if you're suited up for a press conference, agreed it probably does not make sense to start dropping f bombs

waste of cussing....another WoC :lol:

personally, im torn on the cussing thing during these press conferences tbh. if you're suited up for a press conference, agreed it probably does not make sense
Make it worth it if you are going to be a degenerate. Be fired up after a loss. Do it while questioning officiating.

But after a soft spoken female reporter asks you about silencing the critics? Seriously? Why?

Make it worth it if you are going to be a degenerate. Be fired up after a loss. Do it while questioning officiating.

But after a soft spoken female reporter asks you about silencing the critics?
So much of this is interesting.
Let's start with the big one: So if it was a male reporter, all good? Or it would not have been as egregious to you?

So much of this is interesting.
Let's start with the big one: So if it was a male reporter, all good? Or it would not have been as egregious to you?

If someone (male or female) asked him a question with any level of ferocity, I could better understand him going THERE with it.

But a soft spoken female asking is the most non-threatening combo outside of a kitten grabbing the mic to ask him a question.

So yea, The intensity of the question matters more than the sex of the person. Sex is secondary.

If someone (male or female) asked him a question with any level of ferocity, I could better understand him going THERE with it.

But a soft spoken female asking is the most non-threatening combo outside of a kitten grabbing the mic to ask him a question.

So yea, The intensity of the question matters more than the sex of the person. Sex is secondary.
Does it matter that she was not the only person he was responding to?
It wasn't leaked footage of just she & him in a closed room.
It was a presser, viewed by millions, including you.
Reducing it to him responding ONLY to her is... interesting.

Does it matter that she was not the only person he was responding to?
It wasn't leaked footage of just she & him in a closed room.
It was a presser, viewed by millions, including you.
Reducing it to him responding ONLY to her is... interesting.
She asked the question, so theoretically she set the tone. So he was responding to HER prompt/energy.

Sure, others heard it and wanted an answer as well but SHE asked it.

Which, again, makes the language choice funny.

She asked the question, so theoretically she set the tone. So he was responding to HER prompt/energy.

Sure, others heard it and wanted an answer as well but SHE asked it.

Which, again, makes the language choice funny.
So we disagree on the importance of who asked because it doesn't seem like we agree that the person being asked is not the only person being responded to.

Moving on: "make it worth it."
So you do think there are times when cussing at a press conference is acceptable despite being unprofessional?

There are times where I think cussing at a press conference is more UNDERSTANDABLE than others. The act would still be deemed unprofessional but I could GET why one would do it depending on the circumstances.

This situation, absolutely zero reason for it in my eyes.

Last edited:
I just can't understand why there's any care when 99% of the time the press conference is held in the same building where you take 30 steps over and you're in the arena where all manner of cussing is said by players, coaches, fans, executives, everybody.

Same thing with how coaches will scream at kids when they do something dumb in practice, but then 100 feet away in a classroom, you could never have a teacher scream at some kid for getting an answer wrong on a practice quiz :lol:

Also goes to how you'll have some boob or tongue kissing edited out of a movie, but then that same movie will have Schwarzenegger shooting multiple people in the face :emoji_laughing:

He said what he said to accentuate the point. It's not even worth thinking about this long haha

I stopped doing it because I don't know why I started in the first place.
I literally only say it because I constantly hear people use it as a barometer for politeness.
"So and so is the most polite petson ever always opening doors and saying 'Bless you', just super nice."
Sssssoooo...
- me when someone sneezes, seeing no point in saying anything at all, but wanting to say something:
"Salud!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ADVERTISEMENT​
This is me saying while SHE asked the question, he was also addressing everyone listening. So, no. I didn't disagree with that point. darthska darthska
Seems clear that we disagree on the importance of who asked, though.

Back to the 'understandable at times' element:
There are times where I think cussing at a press conference is more UNDERSTANDABLE than others. The act would still be deemed unprofessional but I could GET why one would do it depending on the circumstances.
It would appear that setting a tone for what his focus is does not fall under your umbrella of understandable reasons for cussing at a presser.

Back
Top Bottom