Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I come in peace.

Do you honestly believe that is a PREFERENCE though or just a way to cope/manage having to live under someone else's roof and following their rules vs. Being able to do what you want and not answer to anyone.

I don't think anyone PREFERS to be addicted to those vices and not have someone to call home.
I think that it can go either way and it varies by case.

I’m sure some of them are telling themselves that to feel better about where they ended up.

I think some of them fell on hard times, got caught up in that lifestyle and decided they liked it despite the downsides and chose to keep themselves there instead of seeking help.

As someone in a state that is very vocal about fighting for homeless / unhoused people, implements countless programs or opens countless funds to try and help them, I can tell you it’s a mixed bag.

There are homeless rings in my area that have a shared bank account with 4-5 figures in it at all times.. they all panhandle on shifts at the popular corners and share the funds together. My wife worked at a bank in a lesser part of town and witnessed this first hand.

I think homeless people just shows the serious lack of resources.

You go through downtown on the way to work and it looks like burning man. Like yeah they’re partying but for the wrong reasons.

Plus it spills over into everyone else’s stuff and it’s never rich people’s problems. It’s always poor families getting the neighbors house squatted in because it’s abandoned.

Sure there’s some og homeless people but most them probably don’t want to be.

The way our generation is addicted to social media, I'm convinced zoom meetings are the workplace version of it. So many companies where middle management just has to rehearse a few bs things to say in a zoom meeting and they feel they've done something for the day. Folks are addicted to pointless ****.
I'd rather have a pointless zoom meeting than a pointless in person meeting that could have been sent in an email.

I get your point though.

remember marikomorose marikomorose ? Some folks just opt out of responsiblity altogether.
I remember him but we don't know what else was going on in his life to go down that path. So I won't speak on his personals like that.

But people that get caught up with life's vices are more likely to "chose" homelessness.

So we aren't talking about individuals in their right minds tate so that isn't a CHOICE.

Taking PTO and not even thinking about work until I log in is great :lol:

This myth that starting a business is some guaranteed path to being super successful is like thinking all Analyst level employees are gonna end up in a C-Suite somewhere. That’s not how things work.

Those PPP Loan Days got folks thinking they are more entrepreneurial than they really are.

I remember him but we don't know what else was going on in his life to go down that path. So I won't speak on his personals like that.

But people that get caught up with life's vices are more likely to "chose" homelessness.

So we aren't talking about individuals in their right minds tate so that isn't a CHOICE.
Wait are we talking about "BUMS" for lack of a better word or people without "homes". Do people who live out of vans or cars count?

He’s not wrong though.

My uncle is homeless in Seattle.. by choice. He’s an alcoholic and prefers the homeless life. My father offers him a place to stay but he refuses.. sells the clothes he buys him, and says he’s “living an adventure”.

A lot of homeless around me as well have told my friend who’s a nurse that their life is great and they wouldn’t trade it. They say it’s like a party all the time, hanging out with friends and doing drugs while getting a lot of free stuff along the way.
tr1ll tr1ll This is what sparked the convo.

Back
Top Bottom