Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

I don't think it is totally one or the other. While most of us are one or the other, plenty of people are somewhere in the middle. Like almost everything, there's a spectrum. I think the problems come with our need to label everything, and with peoples' judgements and insecurities about anything in between.
Right, but the extremes tend to want to dominate the conversation so it's easier to leave it be.

I despise Minneapolis liberals for the bull **** they do. That’s all they do is BS.

Those mf back the blue harder than anyone. They’ll call the cops on you for being outside at night with an everybody is welcome sign in their yard.

the “defund the police” message got wildly misinterpreted and repurposed.

It should be about accountability for police departments and reallocating resources spent on dumb **** (like small town depts having army tanks) to violence intervention groups and mental health services. Not just, “hey let’s get rid of all police”.

But that requires nuance and critical thinking which nobody seems to have on any issues anymore.

My problem is with the people who call the police over non issues knowing damn well they are trigger happy yet claim to not be part of the problem.

Fascist hippies

My boy bangs women and t’s.

He’d never call himself straight.
IMG_5748.gif

I’m sorry I know this is a srs convo but I had to

Yeah, what irritates me more is the small, but loud, percentage of ppl who say if you date women you should date trans women too, and if you don’t then you’re transphobic.

Like how dare I have preferences in who I date :lol:
They ain't that loud bruh, can't say I've ever heard this before. Sounds like the set up to a Dave Chappelle joke :rofl:might be trans propaganda.

Last edited:
the “defund the police” message got wildly misinterpreted and repurposed.

It should be about accountability for police departments and reallocating resources spent on dumb **** (like small town depts having army tanks) to violence intervention groups and mental health services. Not just, “hey let’s get rid of all police”.

But that requires nuance and critical thinking which nobody seems to have on any issues anymore.
I understand that this was the goal but I live in a CA city that wanted to defund the police, and they did just that.

A few years ago I had my truck broken in to and attempted stolen. Luckily they failed, and left behind a flathead with fingerprints on it. PD even said they had an idea who it was when they came to document.

Then they advised me that due to budget cuts (and defund police movements), they now had 1 auto theft detective for the entire city. One. And that I’d be lucky if they even got around to looking at it.

Surprise surprise, nothing ever happened. Sucks.

Yeah, what irritates me more is the small, but loud, percentage of ppl who say if you date women you should date trans women too, and if you don’t then you’re transphobic.

Like how dare I have preferences in who I date :lol:

The ones that want to play that game, just ask them if they would deal with one. They ain't practicing what they are preaching.

Again, don't take them seriously because it's all about "being on the right side of history."

Reminds me of a college essay I wrote 20 years ago about how one-size-fits-all rules are an easy scapegoat, you can just turn off your brain and say "it's the rule" instead of having to navigate the nuance and make it truly effective and representative of the climate. Wordy, idealistic lil sob.

"Defund the Police" was a victim of horrible marketing. Not sure why that was the slogan KNOWING it could easily turn people away from even entertaining the convo.

But as far as police presence, again I feel MOST people want to see more police in and around their cities. I know due to black folks relationship with the police this might not be the most popular thing to say aloud, but when people act like LESS police on the street is somehow better I don't know if folks honestly believe that.

I wouldn't say more police, there are other factors to a safe society than that, but more effective police you can feel safe around. You know, what they're paid to be. I see a cop maybe once a week in the burbs and don't feel unsafe vs living in a more active location and seeing and hearing police non-stop, but would never move like it was safe.

I understand that this was the goal but I live in a CA city that wanted to defund the police, and they did just that.

A few years ago I had my truck broken in to and attempted stolen. Luckily they failed, and left behind a flathead with fingerprints on it. PD even said they had an idea who it was when they came to document.

Then they advised me that due to budget cuts (and defund police movements), they now had 1 auto theft detective for the entire city. One. And that I’d be lucky if they even got around to looking at it.

Surprise surprise, nothing ever happened. Sucks.
Yeah that’s tough, sorry to hear that.

I feel like a lot of these departments are also using the “we got defunded” excuse to either A.) Get rid of cops who were trying to change status quo within the dept. or B.) Just not work. Even in departments that didn’t actually get defunded.

It all comes down to leadership and the mentality of the department. That’s why some are wildly more effective than others even in cities/towns with similar demographics.

Yeah that’s tough, sorry to hear that.

I feel like a lot of these departments are also using the “we got defunded” excuse to either A.) Get rid of cops who were trying to change status quo within the dept. or B.) Just not work. Even in departments that didn’t actually get defunded.

It all comes down to leadership and the mentality of the department. That’s why some are wildly more effective than others even in cities/towns with similar demographics.
It's funny that people just took their word for it.

When it ccomes to Police Presence on the platforms of the Subways, I'm sure that makes the regular everyday rider feel safer.

Of course, better policing practices is what we all want but LESS police isn't (IMO) what people TRULY want.

YES, we have some folks out here are on that fewer police talking points. I just don't see how that is what folks really want when these cities are on fire as they have been since the pandemic.

People not on Twitter actually say stuff like this?

I've never heard this before :rofl: :sick:

I haven't heard that one specifically but some of the same wild takes I read on Twitter in the past were the same wild takes I heard come out of Ashleys and Megans from the burbs mouths

I can only speak for LA, but the LAPD budget has increased year after year and crime went up until 2023.
The city of LA had a hiring freeze over every department but the police department, yet things got worse.
The LAPD absolutely needs to be "defunded" :lol:

When it ccomes to Police Presence on the platforms of the Subways, I'm sure that makes the regular everyday rider feel safer.

Of course, better policing practices is what we all want but LESS police isn't (IMO) what people TRULY want.

YES, we have some folks out here are on that fewer police talking points. I just don't see how that is what folks really want when these cities are on fire as they have been since the pandemic.
The amount will be irrelevant if other factors aren't addressed. I could enter a nyc subway and routinely see a group of 10 cops, wild **** still happens. But I feel like folks are almost blind to the inbetween, intentional or not. Anyways there's already a thread for that where a bunch of grown tough guys routinely cry about teenagers wildin.

I can only speak for LA, but the LAPD budget has increased year after year and crime went up until 2023.
The city of LA had a hiring freeze over every department but the police department, yet things got worse.
LA and most of CA’s big cities are horrific rn. They could have all the police they reasonably could have and I think the amount of people would still make it unmanageable.

San Francisco has essentially given up

Yeah, the whole “we failed at our jobs so we need more money” thing doesn’t make sense.

Ironically we hardly ever apply that logic to schools. Failing school system, cut their budget. The kids will learn how to read without books. :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom