Do you remember where you were at when

Obama became President -Elect? I was on my balcony screaming like a fool and giving cheers to some neighbors across the street that I never met before in myyears of living in this apartment. Plus I was walking on Broadway on Oakland and just raising up my 22 ounce of Heinken, and I remember all these cars honkingand it was poppin. This memory will be in my mind as much as the day 911 happen. So where were you at, and what were you doing on this great day?

at work, i work for a news channel, so we were broadcasting it live.. crazyness going on everywhere. We had shots of Oprah and JJ Crying and nodding and hisspeech definitely hit me on some level.. and got chills at points.
I was kinda of not concentrating at work, and forgot to insert the commercials when the speech was over lol.

I was at work coming back from break and heard some keep coworkers talking about Obama. Didn't really hear anything all I heard was Obama. Then I got atext from my brother, and other people telling me he's our next president.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

i think its a good idea for a thread but...

couldnt you wait longer than a month to make it

Really, a month isnt any time to forget, or to look back upon. If you came with this thread next November, it'd mean something. Even something like May 4th(Six months later).

But,
I was sitting in my living room doing homework. Nothing special on a special occasion.

I was at church. I'll never forget seeing those "clinching" states flash blue.
I remember they showed a clip of a girl at Spelman breaking down crying with emotion.
Beautiful historic night.

At night times I like to recollect my experiences in life, and I was just thinking about this so I decided to make it. Plus that moment was sopowerful to me. The next day, it made me realize we can have a Latino or Asian President. Before it was just in the movies, now it's in the realm ofthought.

Grant Park
pimp.gif

i was glued to my tv and I was happy to see history and i had the chills. i recorded the whole thing so that way i can show it to my kids

there are few moments of television that i remember so vividly, and this will definitely not be one of them.

granted i remember it now and will probably for the next few years, but i won't be telling my grandchildren about where i was sitting when obama won theelection....unless everything hits the fan in the next 4 (or
glasses.gif
years.

I was weeping in my sorrows....
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
Just playin....
I expected McCain to lose... so I was prepared for Election day a LONG time in advance.... which helped.

I followed results coming out at school.... realized it looked bad, faced defeat... packed my junk up & drove home (40 mins)
Then waited until it was "official" that he won...
Watched McCain's speech.
Watched Obama's speech.

The End.

Originally Posted by Face82

Bar, crying
Damn brother I guess it hit harder for you, and you had to let it go. I was just , damn, ( words can't express how I feel.) Obama to me islike the coach in Remember The Titans. He knows what is at hand and he can't take a major L because he's not only being critique by America. It'sthe whole world. Damn this man can handle pressure.

I was at home ....

i was layed up with this dudes wife. he was outta town and i got hungry so she made me dinner and then we cuddled on the couch and made history while watchinghistory.

just kidding.

i was at work...

Cloud 9...

Just kidding. I was in my school's ball room for the CNN watching party. Good times...

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

I was weeping in my sorrows....
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif
Just playin....
I expected McCain to lose... so I was prepared for Election day a LONG time in advance.... which helped.

I followed results coming out at school.... realized it looked bad, faced defeat... packed my junk up & drove home (40 mins)
Then waited until it was "official" that he won...
Watched McCain's speech.
Watched Obama's speech.

The End.
I watched McCain's speech and I have to say dude sounded real genuine. Now if that's for his agenda or for being an American, I don'tknow. But I respect what he had to say, especially when he was trying to calm the crowd down.

Back
Top Bottom