Do you/should you tip your barber or tattoo artist?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

15 for the cut i give em a dub

12 for a cut i give em 15
This.
My Barber comes through for me every rip....Bday cuts are always free, house calls if it's last minute and the shop is closed...I mos def hook em up with a little extra

When I Get Tatted I Do Intend On Tipping Tho....

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

15 for the cut i give em a dub

12 for a cut i give em 15
This.
My Barber comes through for me every rip....Bday cuts are always free, house calls if it's last minute and the shop is closed...I mos def hook em up with a little extra

When I Get Tatted I Do Intend On Tipping Tho....

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Ninjahood

Barber? Nah definitely tattoo artist though.

Originally Posted by DMoney87

i tip my barber but usually not my tat dude its already pretty expensive and the money goes right in his pocket anyway

laugh.gif
that Scorpion Reptile and Sub-Zero posted one after the other and have completely different opinions on this topic

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by Ninjahood

Barber? Nah definitely tattoo artist though.

Originally Posted by DMoney87

i tip my barber but usually not my tat dude its already pretty expensive and the money goes right in his pocket anyway

laugh.gif
that Scorpion Reptile and Sub-Zero posted one after the other and have completely different opinions on this topic

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

nt is full of cheap people with no regards but themselves.
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
OR everyone isn't ballin out of control like you.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

nt is full of cheap people with no regards but themselves.
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
OR everyone isn't ballin out of control like you.
wink.gif

telling the barber, hey keep the change.. ( those extra few bucks) aint no balling over here,

i just drive an M series like everybody else.

telling the barber, hey keep the change.. ( those extra few bucks) aint no balling over here,

i just drive an M series like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

No.

But I've started cutting my own hair and don't have a tat.

...and I got dreads, no ink, and don't often eat at restaurants.

My capitalist mind state doesn't even understand how something like a "tip" ever came about in society. charge me the damned price and that's that...want an extra 5 dollars? Charge it. But don't just expect it cuz you do what you do........... please..... you serious?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

No.

But I've started cutting my own hair and don't have a tat.

...and I got dreads, no ink, and don't often eat at restaurants.

My capitalist mind state doesn't even understand how something like a "tip" ever came about in society. charge me the damned price and that's that...want an extra 5 dollars? Charge it. But don't just expect it cuz you do what you do........... please..... you serious?

Tip your tattooer.

ALL the money is not his/her's to keep. The shop takes their %, not including the cost of booth rent, supplies, & sterilization. All this adds up.

And as far as "take care of your artist & they'll take care of you", its true. I'll hook up somebody on the price if i know they tip well. And i'll be more willing to do a better job. Just saying

Tip your tattooer.

ALL the money is not his/her's to keep. The shop takes their %, not including the cost of booth rent, supplies, & sterilization. All this adds up.

And as far as "take care of your artist & they'll take care of you", its true. I'll hook up somebody on the price if i know they tip well. And i'll be more willing to do a better job. Just saying

Originally Posted by repVA

Tip your tattooer.

So if you have a brand new customer you just do an "okay" job instead of a "fantastic job" cause you don't know how they tip? Also, you're saying you charge more because you don't know if they tip? 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by repVA

Tip your tattooer.

So if you have a brand new customer you just do an "okay" job instead of a "fantastic job" cause you don't know how they tip? Also, you're saying you charge more because you don't know if they tip? 
30t6p3b.gif

what he may be saying

he will do his job , but if its a regular with a history of tipping well, he would go out of his way to give great customer service..

what he may be saying

he will do his job , but if its a regular with a history of tipping well, he would go out of his way to give great customer service..

My cut's $12, I give him $15....don't have any tattoos tho, but if I were gettin' one I'd definitely tip.

My cut's $12, I give him $15....don't have any tattoos tho, but if I were gettin' one I'd definitely tip.

My barber charges $13, I give him $20.....I get the works, a cold beer, fresh clean cut, hot foam, razor shave, head massage, and good conversation. I dont mind tipping $7 at all.

My barber charges $13, I give him $20.....I get the works, a cold beer, fresh clean cut, hot foam, razor shave, head massage, and good conversation. I dont mind tipping $7 at all.

Back
Top Bottom