Do you/should you tip your barber or tattoo artist?

I'm saying...why would anyone go out of their way for someone who doesn't appreciate the work. Tip=Appreciation. You must not work in a service related industry. Its professional to do your job. To do more than what is expected...thats another thing. There IS a difference between good service and EXCELLENT service.

Basically, I can give you what you ask for, or i can go above and beyond. What would you prefer?

BTW...all new clients are given fair prices, thats just good business. But I certainly remember the good tippers the next time around.

I'm saying...why would anyone go out of their way for someone who doesn't appreciate the work. Tip=Appreciation. You must not work in a service related industry. Its professional to do your job. To do more than what is expected...thats another thing. There IS a difference between good service and EXCELLENT service.

Basically, I can give you what you ask for, or i can go above and beyond. What would you prefer?

BTW...all new clients are given fair prices, thats just good business. But I certainly remember the good tippers the next time around.

Murda He wrote:

My capitalist mind state doesn't even understand how something like a "tip" ever came about in society. charge me the damned price and that's that.

I feel the same way

Murda He wrote:

My capitalist mind state doesn't even understand how something like a "tip" ever came about in society. charge me the damned price and that's that.

I feel the same way

Originally Posted by melofan15

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

They gon tell you that you wrong...or cheap... or that waitresses and the likes earn their keep off the tip game. What they don't say is that in every other industry, employers compensate employees accordingly. Why should I pick up the slack for Denny's management? I've never tipped the guy at best buy for selling me a game. I'll never tip a barber for selling me a lining. It's stupid.

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

They gon tell you that you wrong...or cheap... or that waitresses and the likes earn their keep off the tip game. What they don't say is that in every other industry, employers compensate employees accordingly. Why should I pick up the slack for Denny's management? I've never tipped the guy at best buy for selling me a game. I'll never tip a barber for selling me a lining. It's stupid.

Originally Posted by Murda He

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

I never got the Mr. Pink argument. I mean, who in their right mind can live off of four dollars an hour. Price points on wages are figured by earning potential. For instance- Nike doesn't pay it's employees commission because that isn't apart of their business model, and would make zero sense.

Industrys that expect tips factor this in to their employees wages. Where is the empathy?  
tired.gif

Exactly, as I said in my first post, I tipped my artist well, and he came did the font for free.

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

I never got the Mr. Pink argument. I mean, who in their right mind can live off of four dollars an hour. Price points on wages are figured by earning potential. For instance- Nike doesn't pay it's employees commission because that isn't apart of their business model, and would make zero sense.

Industrys that expect tips factor this in to their employees wages. Where is the empathy?  
tired.gif

Exactly, as I said in my first post, I tipped my artist well, and he came did the font for free.

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

agree with you 1000%. 

Murda He wrote:

I feel the same way

agree with you 1000%. 

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Take care of your tattoo artist and he'll take care of you.
what does that mean exactly? if i don't tip, on the next trip he'll stray outside the lines?
laugh.gif
his job isn't dependent on tips.  like i said earlier, he sets his own rates depending on the tat. i've gotten tats from 3 different artists in 3 different shops. none of the shops had a tat menu with prices. none of them had suggested tip charts. 
If im a tattoo artist and a customer comes in that I know tips, ill just pay extra attention to detail and really spend time on his tattoo. Not saying I would do a bad job to someone that doenst tip, but ill be in a better mood to talk, make the tattoo experience all the better. 

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Take care of your tattoo artist and he'll take care of you.
what does that mean exactly? if i don't tip, on the next trip he'll stray outside the lines?
laugh.gif
his job isn't dependent on tips.  like i said earlier, he sets his own rates depending on the tat. i've gotten tats from 3 different artists in 3 different shops. none of the shops had a tat menu with prices. none of them had suggested tip charts. 
If im a tattoo artist and a customer comes in that I know tips, ill just pay extra attention to detail and really spend time on his tattoo. Not saying I would do a bad job to someone that doenst tip, but ill be in a better mood to talk, make the tattoo experience all the better. 

Back
Top Bottom