Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

I remember as a kid going to people's houses and seeing the different CD towers and shelves people had. I always loved looking through CDs. I'm looking through all these right now you just posted. I see some CLASSICS! Life Story is one of my favorite albums ever. I see Ghetto D, Don Cartagena, Layin Da Smackdown, Pun, Nas, Mobb, Big L, the whole NL section. That **** is real dope.

When I moved I put a bunch of my old Vinyl on the wall and to fill up the wall and bought some new and some reissue vinyl. It was fun. I need to make an updated pic and post it in here.

Amazon is probably the cheapest to buy new CDs. I usually just put CDs in my cart and check every few weeks. Then cop when they hit $6-$7 or go to Best Buy and price match.

Or possibly buying an album will give you access to the album on all or a particular streaming service?

Thinking of the possibilities...
v9NooUD.gif

Used to about 5-6 years ago real heavy. Once I got into the streaming game it was a wrap. CDs at this point are inconvenient and just cause clutter.

having a few cd's is cool. Like buy the artist or genre you like and keep a very small limited collection, of the deluxe album which i did, and happen to lose while moving. smh. but its a nucance casue you gotta make sure it don't get scratch and you gotta dust off the shelves.

Less is more. currently have Apple music superscription I'm fine that for now.

I had around 1000 CD's and sold them all off. I regret it now. I miss the listening experience. We went from stereos to PC's to phones. I'm not going to start buying CD's again or build up a vinyl collection, but I am planning on buying some nice bookshelf speakers for a better listening experience.

Is there potentially a chance where streaming services will have a limited time period of access to an album before removing it off the service, in a way to drive album sales?

Don't know if Spotify, Apple Music, or others have this available, but the ability to upload music through GPM's cloud service is a great way to have a unified music app instead of jumping from GPM, DatPiff, etc.
the definitely could occur, but it will (imo) just lead to +increasing+ pirating again. the moment its uploaded on the streaming sites it will be available (like now), they take that away, it will piss folks off and back to actual downloading and no stream revenue.

It's just where music has gone and it's sad. Kids these days walk around with their phones like it's a boombox. FOH. Music is an experience and needs to be felt. Streaming it and listening to MP3s only is not feeling music. It's not like I'm anti MP3 or digital music, but if I want a real musical experience I'm putting a CD on my home stereo or in my car and really feeling it, not just having noise in the background. I will buy CDs as long as they are made. The best thing digital has done has let me access it beforehand so I'm not wasting money on a whole CD that ends up being good for just one song. But then again that always used to be fun about music too, actually talking to someone about an album you haven't heard and getting an actual recommendation. And I hope this doesn't put an end to the liner notes and booklets. That's half the fun of buying CDs and records.

It's just where music has gone and it's sad. Kids these days walk around with their phones like it's a boombox. FOH. Music is an experience and needs to be felt. Streaming it and listening to MP3s only is not feeling music. It's not like I'm anti MP3 or digital music, but if I want a real musical experience I'm putting a CD on my home stereo or in my car and really feeling it, not just having noise in the background. I will buy CDs as long as they are made. The best thing digital has done has let me access it beforehand so I'm not wasting money on a whole CD that ends up being good for just one song. But then again that always used to be fun about music too, actually talking to someone about an album you haven't heard and getting an actual recommendation. And I hope this doesn't put an end to the liner notes and booklets. That's half the fun of buying CDs and records.

You ol'school, get with the time pops!

One of the reasons I lke CDs after streaming for awhille is the freedom. I really see some day that I won't have to subscribe to Spotify or iTunes forever.
Something about just having a bunch of cds without having to pay a montlHy fee to hear them.

Sad for who? It ain't sad for kids today

last 2 CD's i bought was the evidence weatherman LP and 444. back in 2011 when cats and dogs by evidence released, i bought the physical online. when it showed, i looked @ the booklet and dude had actually signed it saying thank you. initially thought it was some screen printed **** but when i looked @ it under the light, i could see the marker streaks n all. was definitely cool that he took the time and consideration to do that. it reminded me of how i felt back in the day coppin CD's

cant front tho, i dont actually LISTEN to CD's anymore tho. i normally just buy them here and there when im a fan of an artist and i kno i can trust their music without having to hear it first.

once i have it, i rip it onto my PC asap tho. the CD itself never actually gets listened to...

*sheds a tear. plays 'lets start rap over'*

Last edited:
I haven't bought CDs since Kazaa and Morpheus.

Now I rarely even download music. I just stream everything.

I'm 37 so of course I love CD.s. The ability to open a booklet and read liner notes is probably one of my favourite experiences ever. Before Juan Ep or Combat Jack how else would you know where tracks were recorded, who wrote them, produced, samples used etc. I miss going to in-stores to meet your favorite artist and have them sign the CD booklet. Last CD I bought was Faith's the King and I and I regretted it because the album was horrible.

One of the best CD's I've bought in the last 10 years is Freeway's Stimulus Package. He deserved a Grammy for album packaing. It's seriously one of the best ever. Keep in mind this was 2010 when we were still in the recession

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9Q3gAR7Jj8

I still buy cd's and vinyl. just because i like to have a physical copy of what i buy. those songs all end up on my computer and onto my ipod. the cd's end up put away until i need them again.

Back
Top Bottom