Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

I'm an old soul so I still buy physical for most things
magazines: Game Informer, XXL, Ebony & The Source
books: latest books are Gucci Mane, C Tha God and Kevin Hart
video games: I will buy half digitally and the other half physically. Depends of if I really want to get up and visit the local Gamestop or not.
movies: only buy Blu Rays.
As far as CDs go, the last one I bought was TPAB by K Dot. There's a few from this year that I wouldn't mind having a physical copy of. Just haven't got around to buying them.

I still buy CD's, but only when an artist I really F with drops an album that I've been anticipating. So its really only 1 or 2 CD's a year for me lol.

But I noticed that CD's are starting to get phased out last year when I tried copping Joey Bada$$ and K. Dot's albums. I went to Target and Best Buy and neither of them had any new releases. Just a small selection of old CD's. I eventually found the CD's but the fact that I had to do a little searching for them told me that they're gonna officially become a thing of the past within the next year or two. Looks like its happening :frown:
This, except i still couldnt find the Joey album

First CD I ever purchased with my own money was Beg For Mercy, think I was like 14, last may have been Lord Willin by the Clipse atleast 7 years ago. I still buy music but I will listen to the album first on Youtube to see if I like it unless its someone I really mess with. I'm not a fan of streaming as my main source of music since you dont actually own it. I have a Ipod classic with almost 10,000 songs it that I play whenever I drive, I dont really have an desire to get CDs anymore but I do want to start a vinyl collection. Only cassette I want at this point is Only Built For Cuban Linx, strictly for decoration

First CD bought (1991)

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 8.35.22 PM.png

Last CD bought (2004)

Streetsweeper-Vol-2-The-Pain-from-the-Game.jpg

Yeah I still buy CDs. I’m old school. Love going into Best Buy & picking up my fav artists latest project.

Anyone remember that CD membership you could find in magazines back in the day?

They would send me collection letters at 12 yrs old for never sending a payment :rofl::smh:

CH-7.png

Columbia house had me in pocket. 20 free CD's to start.

The fear of not being able to access media I bought in the future is why I still buy CDs. I'm the same way with video games, I gotta have a physical copy.

This is funny because I feel the same way. What if something gets hacked or just crashes and people lose all their digital media. I like having it on CD or DVD, no one can take that **** away from me.

First cd I owned was boyz to men II. First cd I bought was makaveli. Most recent joint I bought, don't even remember. Maybe trouble man by ti like 6 years ago.

Last two CDs I've purchased were The Massacre and 4:44. Before that, probably was My Name is My Name.

Simple answer is no, because if I had a car, I would probably just continue to pay for streaming services like I do currently and either use bluetooth or aux.

There is a rare occasion where I love an album or artist so much where I feel like I should do my part and support.

I'm an old soul so I still buy physical for most things
magazines: Game Informer, XXL, Ebony & The Source
books: latest books are Gucci Mane, C Tha God and Kevin Hart
video games: I will buy half digitally and the other half physically. Depends of if I really want to get up and visit the local Gamestop or not.
movies: only buy Blu Rays.
As far as CDs go, the last one I bought was TPAB by K Dot. There's a few from this year that I wouldn't mind having a physical copy of. Just haven't got around to buying them.
Me too, I still buy cd's,blu rays(for the time being until I switch to 4K) magazines,I still get a couple different newspapers everyday,I always prefer physical over digital for anything.

Lord willing Daddy Yankee drops a album tomorrow, i will purchase as many copies that i can grab with my two hands.

First CD I bought was Stankonia, got home and realized it was the edited version after putting it in my CD player. I didn't know about looking for the parental advisory sticker :lol:

Used to buy cds for artists I really messed with like Lupe jcole and krit. Once I started paying for spotify that stopped since I could listen to their newest stuff without feeling guilty :lol:

My car doesn't even have a CD player so I prob won't ever buy one again

I went digital and bought all my favorite albums on Google music. Then one day Google lost their licenses for the albums and I couldn't play them anymore and they disappeared from my library. . They refunded me.

So I went to rasputin and bought physical copies to have. I uploaded them to my Google music and usually listen to CDs cause I like the quality better.

Rocking tidal HiFi right now. Could get used to it. But it's too expensive.

I went digital and bought all my favorite albums on Google music. Then one day Google lost their licenses for the albums and I couldn't play them anymore and they disappeared from my library. . They refunded me.

So I went to rasputin and bought physical copies to have. I uploaded them to my Google music and usually listen to CDs cause I like the quality better.

Rocking tidal HiFi right now. Could get used to it. But it's too expensive.
I dont think $10/mo is much at all if you listen to music often

Back
Top Bottom