Do you think the XIs are overrated?

extremely overrated especially the concords. imo the space jams and columbias crush the concords and the lll's crush em all.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Is it me or do most of the dudes in this thread sound like 14 year old hypebeasts?

I'm 16 and i never liked the 11s until i read this thread. Feeling like i need these as a part of history. But, even with the history behind the VIs i don't think i'd get them, cause of they're fit. If everybody says the condition of the 11s is that great, i might have to get me my first pair.. But, i still love the 1s and 3s. They the most in my collection. But still i wont be buying the newer retros. I need one of them og
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Is it me or do most of the dudes in this thread sound like 14 year old hypebeasts?

I'm 16 and i never liked the 11s until i read this thread. Feeling like i need these as a part of history. But, even with the history behind the VIs i don't think i'd get them, cause of they're fit. If everybody says the condition of the 11s is that great, i might have to get me my first pair.. But, i still love the 1s and 3s. They the most in my collection. But still i wont be buying the newer retros. I need one of them og
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by VAHustler

og's not overrated.....cdps, 2010 cool greys, and 2009 space jams are though

AMEN. I totally agree. After nabbin OG Blk/Reds in my size last week I gotta say, they almost become my #2 all time fav sneaker as opposed to the #3 I thought the were. They are SO SICK in person and the OG quality is unreal.
I think the newer ones get over-hyped, cost way more than they're worth right after releasing and aren't made to the same standards.

For me, I'd prefer getting a hold of a pair of "OG" '00 Cool Greys and a similar vintage of Space Jams (got the itch now that I got my fav pair out of the way). As for the Concords, IF I can get a hold of the 2011 pair, it'll be the only new retro I'd pay retail for and honestly, Concords are 3-back in the line of fav XIs as I'm just not that big a fan of mostly-white J's.
Overall tho, XIs are one of my all-time fav Js and truly were and still are a revolutionary sneaker. Overhyped at times and overpriced? Yeah, I'd say so. Overrated? Not a chance.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

og's not overrated.....cdps, 2010 cool greys, and 2009 space jams are though

AMEN. I totally agree. After nabbin OG Blk/Reds in my size last week I gotta say, they almost become my #2 all time fav sneaker as opposed to the #3 I thought the were. They are SO SICK in person and the OG quality is unreal.
I think the newer ones get over-hyped, cost way more than they're worth right after releasing and aren't made to the same standards.

For me, I'd prefer getting a hold of a pair of "OG" '00 Cool Greys and a similar vintage of Space Jams (got the itch now that I got my fav pair out of the way). As for the Concords, IF I can get a hold of the 2011 pair, it'll be the only new retro I'd pay retail for and honestly, Concords are 3-back in the line of fav XIs as I'm just not that big a fan of mostly-white J's.
Overall tho, XIs are one of my all-time fav Js and truly were and still are a revolutionary sneaker. Overhyped at times and overpriced? Yeah, I'd say so. Overrated? Not a chance.

I wouldn't call 'em overrated. I wanna pair hella bad. I juss think JB makes it too much of a big deal when they release 'em. I mean, right before Christmas? JB wants some of you to die trying to get a pair.

I wouldn't call 'em overrated. I wanna pair hella bad. I juss think JB makes it too much of a big deal when they release 'em. I mean, right before Christmas? JB wants some of you to die trying to get a pair.

The Concords are overrated but not the shoe. This is a classic shoe and can be woreanywhere. I’ve played ball in them, ran in them, and even wore on specialoccasions (of course not the same pair).  It's a toss up for me between the XI and XIII for the best Jordan of all time.

The Concords are overrated but not the shoe. This is a classic shoe and can be woreanywhere. I’ve played ball in them, ran in them, and even wore on specialoccasions (of course not the same pair).  It's a toss up for me between the XI and XIII for the best Jordan of all time.

I don't think that these are overrated... they are classic. Even non-sneakerheads love the XIs cause the style and uniqueness of the shoe sets it apart from anything else that was ever made before it.

I don't think that these are overrated... they are classic. Even non-sneakerheads love the XIs cause the style and uniqueness of the shoe sets it apart from anything else that was ever made before it.

Finally gettin a pair of SJ's tomorrow (way over retail).  Can't see myself paying over retail for any other J except for IV's.  Hope to pick up Concord's when they release but won't pay over retail but then again too old to camp out w/ the kids.  Not down with CG but yeah, all XI's are fire!

Finally gettin a pair of SJ's tomorrow (way over retail).  Can't see myself paying over retail for any other J except for IV's.  Hope to pick up Concord's when they release but won't pay over retail but then again too old to camp out w/ the kids.  Not down with CG but yeah, all XI's are fire!

Not over rated at all!!! Hyped?!?!?! Ya I would agree, but hype sells, without it there wouldnt be a reason to retro

Not over rated at all!!! Hyped?!?!?! Ya I would agree, but hype sells, without it there wouldnt be a reason to retro

Back
Top Bottom