Doctors of NT

MD here. What is holding you back from applying to MD or DO programs here? Much easier road with less barriers to many specialties or subspecialties.

Def would go back and do it again but the grind isn’t for everyone. If it’s something you’re passionate about, do it. If you’re on the fence, wouldn’t recommend it.

Gotcha. I havent finished my bachelors and owe a good amount of money to go back to my old college/ get my transcript to transfer to a different college. I cant afford to pay it off right now and I can only go to school in India since my uncles helping out.

If I do go to school in India my uncle said he'd figure something out to get my old transcripts released here within the next 5 years since Im sure I'll get asked about that too.

MD here Would do it again too. Especially since nowadays med school and residency are a lot easier than when i went through. At my job there are multiple MDs that went abroad/Caribbean to med school and placed in US for residency. My nephew went to Ross for med school did residency here in the states and came back home to Cali and found a job. You will be fine but would apply here too unless grades aren’t that good...

Gotcha. I havent finished my bachelors and owe a good amount of money to go back to my old college/ get my transcript to transfer to a different college. I cant afford to pay it off right now and I can only go to school in India since my uncles helping out.

If I do go to school in India my uncle said he'd figure something out to get my old transcripts released here within the next 5 years since Im sure I'll get asked about that too.

If you put in the work/dedication, you’ll do great. Any preliminary interests of what specialty you want to do? You’re looking at being an attending at ~37-41.

I’m not a doctor, but I’m curious to know in a situation of someone not wanting to take that time to go to medical school then residency, would a Master in Physican Assisant be a good alternative?

Outside of them(PA) unable to perform surgeries, is there a big difference?

I hear that they work less hours and often is not on-call. Salary start close to 100K. They follow close to a medical model vs a nurse model in terms of patient care.

Back
Top Bottom