does anybody got an idea for the name of the OKC NBA team?

bombers...

smh.gif

wow...

Anyways... I think IF they could borrow either of the college names, they'd be good.. but they probably wouldn't be able to decide between the two..Still, I like both the names Sooners and Cowboys.

I don't know - it's a good question i guess.

Tornadoes, hell they can even use the 2K3 logo from create a team

What is a Oklahoma sooner... Does that name have history behind it???

How about Oklahoma Tornadoes?? sounds AFLish but oh wells..
I never thought Houston TEXANS would ever be a choice, but hey.. I still dread that name..

damn...I don't care...I just hope for failure and then ultimately regret by Stern...Admitted or not.

EDIT: And Bennett to go bankrupt.

OKC Runners. The area was originally settled by a "Land Run", but ofcourse the true meaning with regards to the team is how they left Seattle.

laugh.gif
i did a report on Oklahoma way back in 4th grade. i finally get to use my knowledge.

back before Oklahoma was officially made an open settling territory, some settlers began to move West and started illegally squatting in Oklahoma before theywere allowed too. these people went into the state too soon, hence the name Sooners.

funny how i've never forgotten that
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

laugh.gif
i did a report on Oklahoma way back in 4th grade. i finally get to use my knowledge.

back before Oklahoma was officially made an open settling territory, some settlers began to move West and started illegally squatting in Oklahoma before they were allowed too. these people went into the state too soon, hence the name Sooners.

funny how i've never forgotten that
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom