Does anyone else hate Jersey Shore?

I watched like 15 minutes of it last year when my friends turned it on during a trip in Vermont and I had to leave the room. I just can't watch stupidity like that.

But I admit that I did laugh at the South Park parody of it.

I watched like 15 minutes of it last year when my friends turned it on during a trip in Vermont and I had to leave the room. I just can't watch stupidity like that.

But I admit that I did laugh at the South Park parody of it.

I've never watched it, but all my friends say they watch it Because it's stupid? I'm confused

I've never watched it, but all my friends say they watch it Because it's stupid? I'm confused

It doesn't appeal to me but "reality" TV doesn't appeal to me in general. People that hype this show up need to step their TV show game up 
ohwell.gif

It doesn't appeal to me but "reality" TV doesn't appeal to me in general. People that hype this show up need to step their TV show game up 
ohwell.gif

Simply not interested in the show or any reality TV show thats out now
reality TV shows has ran its course with me well except for the First 48

Simply not interested in the show or any reality TV show thats out now
reality TV shows has ran its course with me well except for the First 48

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Stopped watching it midway through this season.  There never was a point but it's just not new anymore. They are stupid; I get it. 

I firmly believe the 1st season was a touchstone in (reality) television history (probably for many wrong reasons but still). Viewership increased almost 400% from the premiere to the season 1 finale. We watched an episode in my Film class last year when we were discussing Baudrillard! Constructions and perpetuations of a false reality. 
QFT.
People that claim they watch it b/c its purely entertaining are not conscious of the fact that this type of show is influencing them on some level. I mean regardless of how u perceive the "lifestyle" portrayed in this show, somewhere in the back of your head it could play a part in you social interactions, dating, behavior, mannerisms etc. Its predictive programming and conditioning in a subtle form.
tired.gif

Stopped watching it midway through this season.  There never was a point but it's just not new anymore. They are stupid; I get it. 

I firmly believe the 1st season was a touchstone in (reality) television history (probably for many wrong reasons but still). Viewership increased almost 400% from the premiere to the season 1 finale. We watched an episode in my Film class last year when we were discussing Baudrillard! Constructions and perpetuations of a false reality. 
QFT.
People that claim they watch it b/c its purely entertaining are not conscious of the fact that this type of show is influencing them on some level. I mean regardless of how u perceive the "lifestyle" portrayed in this show, somewhere in the back of your head it could play a part in you social interactions, dating, behavior, mannerisms etc. Its predictive programming and conditioning in a subtle form.
tired.gif

This thread needs that gif where Jwoww and Sammi are arguing then they pan the camera to the situation coming in through the door with the funny face.

This thread needs that gif where Jwoww and Sammi are arguing then they pan the camera to the situation coming in through the door with the funny face.

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

QFT.
tired.gif
I don't think it's conditioning actually. It's just what people want. These people on the show are normal as hell, just they have some mannerisms and a different lifestyle, one that wasn't predicated on luxury and pomp. It's just MTV created this reality show and people ate up how "non-high class" and ordinary the show and characters were. I don't buy into all that conditioning stuff. We choose to make things popular. There were a hundred shows that came and went after Jersey Shore.  Read that Slate article; I thought it was pretty good. 

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

QFT.
tired.gif
I don't think it's conditioning actually. It's just what people want. These people on the show are normal as hell, just they have some mannerisms and a different lifestyle, one that wasn't predicated on luxury and pomp. It's just MTV created this reality show and people ate up how "non-high class" and ordinary the show and characters were. I don't buy into all that conditioning stuff. We choose to make things popular. There were a hundred shows that came and went after Jersey Shore.  Read that Slate article; I thought it was pretty good. 

Back
Top Bottom