does anyone else see the incongruities of our society?

-It would be logical for the effect of the information age to be that our society becomes less ignorant, more intelligent and of course more profound.
However, it seems that the effect of information and knowledge at our fingertips has conversely caused our society to become more ignorant, less intelligentand more shallow possibly because the information age devalued knowledge and caused some members of our modern society to treat it as a commodity or burden.
(*In other words I see us drifting closer and closer to the society portrayed in Fahrenheit 451)
-Despite the current attitude of our society towards racial, sexist and ageist prejudice, the first thing we do when we see or before we meet someone is makean assumption or conclusion about them based on the way they look (including the way they are dressed, their race, etc.). Are racism, ageism, classism andsexism simply a product of our own critical thinking or analyzation? Does discussing race and emphasizing racial and cultural differences make our mind moreadept to differentiating yourself from others?
-Why does our society emphasize the good ole' American dream motto that "if we are honest and hard working, we can achieve whatever we want"
When in actuality, the ruthless, cut throat and deceptive ones end up on top of the timid, innocent and honest.
* This is a conclusion that I have come to based on a number of real life experiences. I've seen people with questionable integrity and hard work ethic endup at some of the best colleges in the country and at the same time I have seen some of the most honest and hardworking people end up at some not so greatschools.
-Why has the United States government tricked and mislead its citizens so many times in the past?
* I am going to use just a few examples here because this is something that I could talk about forever.
1. Why in blue hell do the citizens of the USA not have the ability to actually voice their individual opinion and have their vote count for the presidentialcandidate that they please? [Dec. of independence]We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by theirCreator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Liberty[/color] and the pursuit ofHappiness. [Dec. of independence]
LIBERTY=AUTONOMY, POLITICAL INDEPENDENCE.
WHY THE @%%% DOES THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE SAY THE CREATOR HAS ENDOWED THE RIGHT OF LIBERTY TO ALL MEN, WHEN IN ACTUALITY WE DON'T HAVE FULL ANDUNHINDERED LIBERTY.
2. The Cold War
-during the cold war, the usa painted a picture of the communists as the enemy because they wanted to take away freedom, everything american, blah blah blahetc. When in actuality the reason why the USA was against the communist form of government was because the communist nations wouldn't allow multi-nationalcorporations to spread into their countries and take over their economies. Why the hell is the financial well being of MNCs the primary cause of concern forUSA policy makers?

tired.gif

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to educate people on deception from above.

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

-It would be logical for the effect of the information age to be that our society becomes less ignorant, more intelligent and of course more profound.
However, it seems that the effect of information and knowledge at our fingertips has conversely caused our society to become more ignorant, less intelligent and more shallow possibly because the information age devalued knowledge and caused some members of our modern society to treat it as a commodity or burden.
(*In other words I see us drifting closer and closer to the society portrayed in Fahrenheit 451)
-Despite the current attitude of our society towards racial, sexist and ageist prejudice, the first thing we do when we see or before we meet someone is make an assumption or conclusion about them based on the way they look (including the way they are dressed, their race, etc.). Are racism, ageism, classism and sexism simply a product of our own critical thinking or analyzation? Does discussing race and emphasizing racial and cultural differences make our mind more adept to differentiating yourself from others?
-Why does our society emphasize the good ole' American dream motto that "if we are honest and hard working, we can achieve whatever we want"
When in actuality, the ruthless, cut throat and deceptive ones end up on top of the timid, innocent and honest.
* This is a conclusion that I have come to based on a number of real life experiences. I've seen people with questionable integrity and hard work ethic end up at some of the best colleges in the country and at the same time I have seen some of the most honest and hardworking people end up at some not so great schools.
-Why has the United States government tricked and mislead its citizens so many times in the past?
* I am going to use just a few examples here because this is something that I could talk about forever.
1. Why in blue hell do the citizens of the USA not have the ability to actually voice their individual opinion and have their vote count for the presidential candidate that they please? [Dec. of independence]We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. [Dec. of independence]
LIBERTY=AUTONOMY, POLITICAL INDEPENDENCE.
WHY THE @%%% DOES THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE SAY THE CREATOR HAS ENDOWED THE RIGHT OF LIBERTY TO ALL MEN, WHEN IN ACTUALITY WE DON'T HAVE FULL AND UNHINDERED LIBERTY.
2. The Cold War
-during the cold war, the usa painted a picture of the communists as the enemy because they wanted to take away freedom, everything american, blah blah blah etc. When in actuality the reason why the USA was against the communist form of government was because the communist nations wouldn't allow multi-national corporations to spread into their countries and take over their economies. Why the hell is the financial well being of MNCs the primary cause of concern for USA policy makers?

tired.gif

Not true, it's the agresores that take advantage of opprotunities. I agree with what your saying, but the outlook of it is kinda off, almost negative.

Back
Top Bottom